Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
stang777

Default 4 door hq panel van

Just wondering if any1 has heard of a 4 door panel van reason being a mate of mine has found one sitting in a field its a hq and i really don't know what to make of it. I hate holdens with a passion but this one has grabbed my attention.

stang777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. I remember seeing 3 door p/v's in the early 70's being used by armagaurd and such and have heard of ambulances being made from a combination of sedan (or wagon ) and panel van body parts. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote

Last edited by foxtrot3; 20-02-2011 at 10:13 PM.
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
66GT

Yes I have seen a few 3 door 70's Holden Panelvans. I don't believe I've ever seen a 4dr one. Is it possible your mate has only seen it from one side and therefore believing it's a 4dr? Either way would be a rare old beast.
66GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it could be a custom one. I see a WB getting around the Barossa Valley that had been converted into a 4 door ute. And my old panel beater teacher has made one in a hq model as well, it would be the best cut n shut you would of ever seen really nice blue as well (was on show at the Motor museum in Birdwood).
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 

It could be an ex ambo made from a station wagon body.

Here is an ebay link to a 3 door ambo made from a panel van shell. From the right side it looks like it would be a 4 door.
http://cars.ebay.com.au/Holden-HQ-Am...mZ330524174813