Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

Default Check this Out, 2 Twin Baby Girls, But Different Races!!!

When Kylie Hodgson gave birth to twin daughters by caesarean section, she was just relieved that they had arrived safely.

It was only when the midwife handed them over for her to hold that she noticed the difference between them.

Remee, who weighed 5lb 15oz, was blonde and fair skinned. Her sister Kian, born a minute later weighing 6lb, was black.

'Our two gorgeous little girls'

"It was a shock when I realised that my twins were two different colours," said Kylie, 19. "But it doesn't matter to us - they are just our two gorgeous little girls."

The amazing conception happened after two eggs were fertilised at the same time in the womb.

Both Kylie and her partner Remi Horder, 17, are of mixed race. Their mothers are both white and their fathers are black.

According to the Multiple Births Foundation, baby Kian must have inherited the black genes from both sides of the family, whilst Remee inherited the white ones.

Kylie, from Nottingham, discovered she was pregnant in the summer of 2004 and a scan at the Queen's Medical Centre revealed that twins were on the way.

"It was a shock at first to discover I was expecting as we hadn't been trying for a family," she said I had my 14-week scan and the sonographer ran the scanner over my stomach and announced that I was carrying twins.

"We couldn't believe it. Neither of us could take our eyes off the scanner - you could just see two of everything, even the outline of their little noses. We were both overwhelmed."

The twins were born by caesarean in April last year because one of the girls was lying in an awkward position in the womb.

SOURCE

SHE NEEDS TO COME CLEAN :nutsycuck

GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah i doubt she has been keeping true to her beloved boyfreind. would be interesting to know were the blue eyes in the white baby came from too ;)

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

thats insane...good story though. The black one seems to have a bigger build.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
yeah i doubt she has been keeping true to her beloved boyfreind. would be interesting to know were the blue eyes in the white baby came from too ;)
Read the story?
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
efgiar
rofl copter

yes but what are the chances of the mother having blonde hair, blue eyes, and she doesnt look anywere near like her mother or father, and its just my opinion so thanks for ur input

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hahah the look on the blokes face sais it all...
" who the hell you been sleeping with ИИИИИИhh??? "

Wouldnt that raise a few eye brows?!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Looks like a vindictive pregnancy...........
someone had it in for him when he wasnt around :p:p
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Hahahahahaha

Lmao!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Looks like a vindictive pregnancy...........
someone had it in for him when he wasnt around :p:p
While i am not an expert in the human reproductive system, i find it hard to belive that twins can be born of different fathers or that 2 seperated "fathering" of babies can take place, as suggested in previous posts.

i.e. if she was pregnant with one child, she couldnt also fall pregnat to another man. If their really twins then this is amazing................humurous, but still amaizing.
Old 26-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #10
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
i find it hard to belive that twins can be born of different fathers or that 2 seperated "fathering" of babies can take place, as suggested in previous posts.
hmmm no expert either but id say if it were to happen (twins to two different fathers) then id say that both acts would have to happen within a fairly small time frame... and im sure the bloke to go last would know hes copping sloppy seconds so id say he'd whack on a franger at least. i know i would.

id ask for a blood test lol.
Old 26-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #11
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Hmmm....also the age raises a few eye brows as well

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 07:45 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Genetics are an interesting thing, this is a very real an possible situation.

Mother has following genes (let's make it simple) likewise the father

Mum - B+W

Dad - B+W

Now lesson one in Genetics (Dominance) states that some genes are dominant and others recessive. Dominant genes will display their trait or their visible attributes even if there is only one copy of the gene in the pair (i.e. B + W)

Recessive genes will only display their traits if both copies of the gene are the recessive gene (i.e. W + W)

Basically a dominant gene will be displayed even if there is only one in the pair. In this case, the "black" gene may be dominant, so both Mum and Dad can have 50/50 genes yet both appear dark skinned. When they have children, assuming even sexual cell splits, they have the following combinations (remembering that baby gets one gene from each parent)

B from dad, B from Mum = Black baby

B from Dad, W from Mum = Black baby

W from Dad, B from Mum = Black baby

W from Dad, W from Mum = White baby

So four possible genetic combinations, 25% chance of a white baby and a 75% chance of a dark skinned baby according to the rules of dominance.

This is an overly simplistic way of looking at it but the logic is true. Eye colour, hair colour, all the things that make you individual, all rely on what you inherit from your parents and why brothers and sisters can look so similar or so different, depending on the random inheritance of features from their parents.
Old 26-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #13
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

^ What he said.

I just cbf typing it all so credit to zetec

It's ENTIRELY possible, unlike the idea that she cheated and one of the twins is from a second father.. that's just rediculous.. and not possible.
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #14
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
im sure the bloke to go last would know hes copping sloppy seconds
: oh thats one horrible thought.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by senifx
^ What he said.

I just cbf typing it all so credit to zetec

It's ENTIRELY possible, unlike the idea that she cheated and one of the twins is from a second father.. that's just rediculous.. and not possible.
Thank goodness I took something away from uni!!! :baby bott
Old 26-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #16
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
I hope you aren't serious!
This isn't the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last. If you read the story it explains that the twins parents are of mixed race, which makes this entirely possible.

It is people like you with insensitive and uninformed comments that have the potential to make lives difficult for these girls as they grow up and have to explain to people like yourselves that they are full-blooded sisters and are twins.

Gosh, you've made me angry.
Would it be so hard for people to believe that people can be faithful to one another and not everything is a deception?

I'm hoping off my soapbox now, but could you please think before you comment on possible infidelities when you know nothing regarding the matter.
Old 26-02-2006, 11:17 PM   #17
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Well I have to clap on the last comment. Maybe they should disengage their foot and change it for the other one. Really, I don't think those two little girls really need to hear comments like that.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #18
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue fairy
This isn't the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last. If you read the story it explains that the twins parents are of mixed race, which makes this entirely possible.

It is people like you with insensitive and uninformed comments that have the potential to make lives difficult for these girls as they grow up and have to explain to people like yourselves that they are full-blooded sisters and are twins.

Would it be so hard for people to believe that people can be faithful to one another and not everything is a deception?

I'm hoping off my soapbox now, but could you please think before you comment on possible infidelities when you know nothing regarding the matter.
Indeed. It's simple biology - I didn't pay much attention in it during year 12, but it's entirely possible and quite fascinating.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #19
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #20
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Beaver
Well I have to clap on the last comment. Maybe they should disengage their foot and change it for the other one. Really, I don't think those two little girls really need to hear comments like that.
hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................... ...........................................
Old 27-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #21
Rollin
Banned

it is also entirely possible that she was cheating - there are two types of twins - identical and fraternal.

identical twins result from the fertilized egg splitting entirely into two when it first starts to split and grow - you have two sets of the same DNA which then start to divide and grow, which results in identical twins.

fraternal twins occur when the ovaries release two (or more) eggs, instead of the usual one, and both eggs are fertilized and grow.

so it is entirely possible that a) she is faithful and the different skin colours are the result of a strange genetic combination, or b) her ovaries released two eggs at once and she got caught out, with each egg being fertilized by a different man.

it would be easy to do a DNA test and find out which was the case.

please note im not taking sides, just providing information.

pwn3d...
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #22
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

that is pretty cool in my book, at least they wouldnt get the girls confused!
Old 28-02-2006, 03:53 AM   #23
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Genetics are an interesting thing, this is a very real an possible situation.

Mother has following genes (let's make it simple) likewise the father

Mum - B+W

Dad - B+W

Now lesson one in Genetics (Dominance) states that some genes are dominant and others recessive. Dominant genes will display their trait or their visible attributes even if there is only one copy of the gene in the pair (i.e. B + W)

Recessive genes will only display their traits if both copies of the gene are the recessive gene (i.e. W + W)

Basically a dominant gene will be displayed even if there is only one in the pair. In this case, the "black" gene may be dominant, so both Mum and Dad can have 50/50 genes yet both appear dark skinned. When they have children, assuming even sexual cell splits, they have the following combinations (remembering that baby gets one gene from each parent)

B from dad, B from Mum = Black baby

B from Dad, W from Mum = Black baby

W from Dad, B from Mum = Black baby

W from Dad, W from Mum = White baby

So four possible genetic combinations, 25% chance of a white baby and a 75% chance of a dark skinned baby according to the rules of dominance.

This is an overly simplistic way of looking at it but the logic is true. Eye colour, hair colour, all the things that make you individual, all rely on what you inherit from your parents and why brothers and sisters can look so similar or so different, depending on the random inheritance of features from their parents.
Well said ... then there's the throw-back gene is well .. which can come from her parents ... actually ... buth his and her mother's were white ... chances one of them (one of the grandmother's) has blonde hair and blue eyes ... it's always possible.

Seen this sort of thing before when it comes to cattle and horse breeding ... there's a odd ocassion where colouring comes through from the previous generation.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 07:50 AM   #24
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:

You have got to be kidding......its just boys being boys here.....they probably dont understand genetics, but its something different, weird, and really funny, so like any good aussie blokes, they are having a go and taking the p i s s

PS, I still havent gotten my carton of beer for using my car at your wedding yet as promised. Tooheys Exta Dry it was.......:
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 07:50 AM   #25
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Mutant and throw back genes are always possible. I am one of about seven in my fathers side who have red hair. The rest are either blonde or brunettes. My mothers side is Blondes or Brunettes. Its a throw back. My son has a mutant gene which is quite common in alot of people but unknown as its not switched on in most. Unfortunately in our case our sons was. He is the only one to have this problem. I really think that just automatically accusing the mother of having an affair when A) you have not seen the rest of the family trees from both sides B) You do not know if she was the sort to have an affair. Basically its highly unlikely she had an affair and fell pregnant while pregnant already. If that was the case Then she is one unlucky women in the fact that she had sex with the other person roughly three days after having sex with husband? I find that very had to believe.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #26
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Thw little white baby does look like her mum a little, photoshop her black, but sometimes babies look more like the grandparents and in this case with the 25% chance of the WW combo I would not be surprised.

Poor kid is probably going to feel like they are adopted.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #27
GMACK24
Blue Ghost

I wonder who tha baby daddy is ?
Old 28-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #28
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
it is also entirely possible that she was cheating - there are two types of twins - identical and fraternal.

identical twins result from the fertilized egg splitting entirely into two when it first starts to split and grow - you have two sets of the same DNA which then start to divide and grow, which results in identical twins.

fraternal twins occur when the ovaries release two (or more) eggs, instead of the usual one, and both eggs are fertilized and grow.

so it is entirely possible that a) she is faithful and the different skin colours are the result of a strange genetic combination, or b) her ovaries released two eggs at once and she got caught out, with each egg being fertilized by a different man.

it would be easy to do a DNA test and find out which was the case.

please note im not taking sides, just providing information.

pwn3d...

I'd be scared too mate!!! lol :

This is one of the funniest threads I have read for a while. lol :
Old 01-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #29
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man that's some Jerry Springer s**t!

Seriously though this is possible. I have studied genetics before so it's pretty much how zetec says.

My mum is brown eyed and my brother, my dad and I are blued eyed. To be brown eyed you have to have either BB or Bb. So that means that she has to be Bb for me to have blue eyes and my dad could only be bb as blue eyes are reccessive.

If I had a child with a chick who was blue eyed, the child can only be blue eyed.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post