Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
Chucky
Soooo Cute!â„¢

Location: TenderCity™ The Land of Long Hours & Number Crunching!
Default Just when you think Ford has some balls...

Courtesy of BlueOvalNews.com

The 6.2L motor is dead in the water....

http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/pro...ane04feb05.htm

Can see the developmental sence if they're strapped for cash, but it's a real shame for us performance hungry people..
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
RATT

That's just great. :

I wonder if they will just continue the 5.4 as is.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
Chucky
Soooo Cute!â„¢

I suspect the only thing holding back the 5.4's true potential is the drivetrain.
Lets face it, the gearboxes are too weak for the torque, the clutches are.. well you know.. the diff is a shocker..
Need I go on??!!

With petrol prices going the way they are, this may not be that bad a move by Ford as a company. If this new V6 for the US is any good it may prove to be a master stroke..
Old 06-02-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
That's just great. :

I wonder if they will just continue the 5.4 as is.
Wasn't the word 5.4 was canned? Or was this speculation with probable development of the 6.2?

It defies belief (short term demand for large capacity) there is another thread showing F series as biggest selling, longest selling, etc. With competition like the Dodge RAM and its hemi.

Ford have access to a plethera of top notch V6s from their mazda division which are are better units than any V6 ever, out of North America.
Red_EL shakes his head in disbelief? What would I know I'm only a consumer?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #5
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
With petrol prices going the way they are, this may not be that bad a move by Ford as a company. If this new V6 for the US is any good it may prove to be a master stroke..
Then again it could be like the master stroke that saw FoA drop the V8 over petrol prices previoulsly. That one was a winner longterm. Had a whole generation aspire to something other than a Ford product!

But I do agree there is lots more potential in the 5.4 and its associated drivetrain setup. :yeees:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
I suspect the only thing holding back the 5.4's true potential is the drivetrain.
Lets face it, the gearboxes are too weak for the torque, the clutches are.. well you know.. the diff is a shocker..
Need I go on??!!

All ford has to do is concentrate on some serious R & D with 5.4. It's a good engine, but has it's design flaws. If these and other problems were ironed out, no dought it would be a better package.

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #7
Chucky
Soooo Cute!â„¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Then again it could be like the master stroke that saw FoA drop the V8 over petrol prices previoulsly. That one was a winner longterm. Had a whole generation aspire to something other than a Ford product!

But I do agree there is lots more potential in the 5.4 and its associated drivetrain setup. :yeees:
Not wrong! At least Ford US hav the brains to keep the V8 in it's many forms!
Imagine if Ford US dropped the V8.. They'd be out of business & bankrupt in a month!
Old 06-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #8
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

It's a shame that the hurricane has been drop. Oh-well more work to been done on the 5.4 motor.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:20 PM   #9
paul7v7
bring it on

ah crap. well hopefully FoA can get something done with the 5.4 and drivetrain..would like to see it at it's full potential.