Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 06-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
BGBLOK

Default Re: Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

Hey everyone!.. I'm looking for XD owners that have a build date 10 days either side of 5/8/80 on their compliance plate, the purpose is to try to find other XD's built then that may have exactly the same options or build codes. My XD GL S Pac has the YO45 Corporate Blue paint code with B2 black striped wool interior code and is 351/4 speed with the tramp rods although the drivers side one is missing or maybe never fitted?, who knows, it also is a non aircon or power steering car. My letter from Ford doesn't give me a lot of info but with that combination it may not have an exact twin, not ordering power steer or aircon seems odd.
I'd really like to fond photos of an original B2 interior if anyone can help with that?. There must be a couple of people in Oz that really know what's what with XD limited build cars!.
Cheers
BGBLOK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBLOK View Post
Hey everyone!.. I'm looking for XD owners that have a build date 10 days either side of 5/8/80 on their compliance plate, the purpose is to try to find other XD's built then that may have exactly the same options or build codes. My XD GL S Pac has the YO45 Corporate Blue paint code with B2 black striped wool interior code and is 351/4 speed with the tramp rods although the drivers side one is missing or maybe never fitted?, who knows, it also is a non aircon or power steering car. My letter from Ford doesn't give me a lot of info but with that combination it may not have an exact twin, not ordering power steer or aircon seems odd.
I'd really like to fond photos of an original B2 interior if anyone can help with that?. There must be a couple of people in Oz that really know what's what with XD limited build cars!.
Cheers
Very Rare Car

Nice colour too!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2024, 01:22 AM   #3
Kangaroojack
Starter Motor

Im wondering if anyone knows the name of this paint code.
Z852 its a blue colour on a xb ford 1976 panelvan. It looks similar to apollo blue in colour but not coded to be apollo blue.
Ive not seen this code before? Z852 any help would be great.
Kangaroojack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2024, 05:56 PM   #4
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroojack View Post
Im wondering if anyone knows the name of this paint code.
Z852 its a blue colour on a xb ford 1976 panelvan. It looks similar to apollo blue in colour but not coded to be apollo blue.
Ive not seen this code before? Z852 any help would be great.
Hey mate - likely Apollo Blue

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11225420

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2024, 04:01 PM   #5
gassa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
Usually a paint code like that is a OSO meaning . off standard option common on government and Industry vehicles

Gassa
gassa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #6
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassa View Post
Usually a paint code like that is a OSO meaning . off standard option common on government and Industry vehicles

Gassa
Yes - looks like it was not available in 75, in 76/77 stardust pinched the 'V' paint code.

Likely scenario fleet or private buyer really wanted apollo blue and special ordered = Z852 as per Paully's info in the link I provided above.

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post