Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Food labelling to be self regulated?

G'day guys, heard something like this on ABC 24 this morning, thought there might be some interest at AFF,

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/nati...of-food/718468 or

http://www.smh.com.au/national/food-...708-21pt5.html

Should food manufacturers release products on the market with health claims to be verified after release or would government be better to prove health claims on food products independently before a food product comes to market?

For me its non negotiable, it must be proven before it comes to market no matter how respected the food manufacturer is. Cost to business? Dont make me laugh!

Whats your thoughts?

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Food labelling to be self regulated?

Perfect example of this was the ribena scandal. LOL. A bunch of school girls worked it out.

But I agree there should be more claims put to the test.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like when "Coke" was selling their "Vitamen Water"..... and marketed as such.
Found just to be mostly sugar and colour with no vitamen content at all.

Self regulation???? NO thanks...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Fantastic. I can finally launch my home made brand 'MWTB sauce'. Great on everything...breasts, thighs.

I just love chicken.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reinforces a comment I heard many years ago "if it comes in a packet, its not good for you"
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Can you imagine, Advert- "to support your natural flu defences use ......... (insert name of product) its main ingredient ........ (insert name of exotic herb/s from the far reaches of earth) stop the nose drip, use ....."(insert name of product)* In stock now at you're local pharmacies & supermarkets.

*Fine print....to be verified & complied by xxxx 2015 etc

Wtf? Lets hope, no pray this kind of thinking does not eventually end up in the general food manufacturing industry, atm anything is possible lol!

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka
Can you imagine, Advert- "to support your natural flu defences use ......... (insert name of product) its main ingredient ........ (insert name of exotic herb/s from the far reaches of earth) stop the nose drip, use ....."(insert name of product)* In stock now at you're local pharmacies & supermarkets.

*Fine print....to be verified & complied by xxxx 2015 etc

Wtf? Lets hope, no pray this kind of thinking does not eventually end up in the general food manufacturing industry, atm anything is possible lol!

cheers,Maka
It's brilliant. Just find the name of a tree or bush, or hell, even moss that grows in the Amazon rainforest, modify the wikipedia entry to say that it has certain properties relevant to the product you are selling and BOOM, filthy money rich.

Extra points if you have a chimp looking happy in the advertisement. Feed it some peanut butter so it does the silly chomping thing that they do. Bit**es love chimpanzees.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

315rwkw
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Self regulation works best IMO

http://thechive.com/2010/08/06/aweso...ked-19-photos/
Old 09-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
This bloke has a really small head compared to his body. Cigarettes caused that.

315rwkw
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Self regulation NEVER works. Look what happened to the financial industry once they repealed the Glass-Steagall act! Self regulation is equivalent to lunatics running the assylum.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB
It's brilliant. Just find the name of a tree or bush, or hell, even moss that grows in the Amazon rainforest, modify the wikipedia entry to say that it has certain properties relevant to the product you are selling and BOOM, filthy money rich.

Extra points if you have a chimp looking happy in the advertisement. Feed it some peanut butter so it does the silly chomping thing that they do. Bit**es love chimpanzees.

The chimp's has to wear a t shirt saying - I'm Ethical & horny lol!

Imagine Ford bringing a car to market that has to go through ADR's six months after release- Falcons are safe! Wait 6 months and we'll prove it!

cheers,Maka

Old 10-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB
Bit**es love chimpanzees.
Maybe I need to get a pet chimp then, maybe the ladies will notice me then.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
Fish Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Reinforces a comment I heard many years ago "if it comes in a packet, its not good for you"
Werd.
Fish Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post