Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The worst thing about WA....

The worst thing about WA having Daylight Savings now. IMO is when I get home from work tommorow & turn on the "wide world of sports" I will get one hour less of live test cricket. What is your state government thinking lol :

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being in WA I second that.... for god knows how many years we have blissfuly lived either 2 or 3 hours behind the rest of Australia.... why did they have to change this!!!
Daylight at 8:30PM is not cool!
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Getting up at 4:00am witch is really 3:00am for Work really isn’t Cool. Then going to bed when it’s still daylight out side and you need to leave the blind open for the air-conditioned so you Room is now filled with daylight so you can’t get to sleep is even more un-cool!!

Getting to go to work in darkness year round is ********* Chit too.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Oh its hard isnt it! Just watch out as the carpet tends to fade more near windows during DLS as well. Love it.....but it is upsetting to see that WA is catching up to the rest of Australia :

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
1970galaxie
Fat 460

We must have been one of the few places in the world who didn't take up the advantages of daylight saving.
About time we caught up!
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are advantages? My breakfasts haven't tasted the same since... :(
Old 13-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
There are advantages? My breakfasts haven't tasted the same since... :(
Yeah, like having an extra hour to spend playing around with the car.
Don't forget with more afternoon sunlight, you're helping to reduce global warming by not having to turn on the lights as early, thus using less electricity.

As for breakfast, after you've warmed up the milk for your rice bubbles, eat them straight away, and don't wait for an hour until "normal time" catches up.
:the_finge

Just ask Alan Carpenter :
Old 13-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
Yeah, like having an extra hour to spend playing around with the car.
Don't forget with more afternoon sunlight, you're helping to reduce global warming by not having to turn on the lights as early, thus using less electricity.

As for breakfast, after you've warmed up the milk for your rice bubbles, eat them straight away, and don't wait for an hour until "normal time" catches up.
:the_finge

Just ask Alan Carpenter :
No you can't use Milk, remember cows give sour milk because of DLS as they get confused as to what time it is.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #9
Skooter

Thank God I have finally found some people that are actually against DST. its all well and good in the afternoon but not in the morning, my dad has to commute to collie from Perth every Monday morning to get to site at 7 or something so now instead of having to get up at 3:00AM he now has to get up at 2:00AM.

Same goes for me, I'm a keen fisherman and like to be at the beach by 6am now i have to get up an hour earlier.

Although there are many advantages to DST i still dont see why it is considered so important in bringing WA up to speed with the rest of the world? How has not having DST limited us in any way?

But on the other hand i did just wash my car at 7:30 at night which was a pretty strange feeling.
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Hey REDXR8220
What? You've got that problem in Vic too?
Old 14-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #11
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

I'm in WA at present for work, what a wonderful way to spend the afternoon/evening at the 'Little Creatures Brewery' in Freemantle................. what else is there to do after a hards day work - go back to the hotel surrounded by four walls......I dont think so
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 12:16 AM   #12
BlewThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter
Thank God I have finally found some people that are actually against DST. its all well and good in the afternoon but not in the morning, my dad has to commute to collie from Perth every Monday morning to get to site at 7 or something so now instead of having to get up at 3:00AM he now has to get up at 2:00AM.

Same goes for me, I'm a keen fisherman and like to be at the beach by 6am now i have to get up an hour earlier.

Although there are many advantages to DST i still dont see why it is considered so important in bringing WA up to speed with the rest of the world? How has not having DST limited us in any way?

But on the other hand i did just wash my car at 7:30 at night which was a pretty strange feeling.
you are a silly silly man, the day DLS comes into effect...Non DLS time ceases to exist, the quicker you grasp that concept the quicker you adapt. So when your dad needs to be onsite at 7am during nonDSL he is still supposed to be there at 7am with DSL....so he doesnt have to get up an hour earlier....

******* loonies that cant adapt....there are parts of the world that have 18hours of daylight, thank **** its not in australia as there would be no work getting done because of all the whingeing....
BlewThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #13
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter

omg do your curtains fade from the extra sunlight too? You get up at the SAME TIME. All it means is your body clock adjusts by one hour which is nothing at all (travel overseas and see how quick you can do it). After a while you don't even notice it and can't wait until DS starts so you can actually get out and do something while the sun shines.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #14
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

I can't stand the fukken cricket anyway........

More of an issue for me than daylight saving that's for sure.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #15
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More sunlight=more skin cancer. Go figure !!!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #16
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
The worst thing about WA having Daylight Savings now. IMO is when I get home from work tommorow & turn on the "wide world of sports" I will get one hour less of live test cricket. What is your state government thinking lol :
: :monkes:
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 02:50 AM   #17
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Click the Link here To see one of the prime examples of idiots in WA...Look for the reply by Willy Samo at the bottom of the article

I seriously dont understand what all the Big fuss is about...I love getting home and it not being Dark...it actually feels like my entire day isn't being consumed by my Job...
Whether your in NSW or WA...there are just as many hours of daylight in the day...
Some idiots are writing into the Paper saying that because we have Daylight Savings, the Locusts are getting up one hour earlier to eat the Grass... :gren:
This place has some seriosuly backwards thinking people...
Old 14-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #18
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Missing out on an hour of cricket!

You're are so effin lucky, only if I were so lucky. Stupid cricket.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #19
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Daylight saving is just for economic reasons. So we can "catch up" with the rest Australia.
Otherwise who the hell cares? And the "curtains will fade more" is getting really old, time to get new material.
Old 14-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #20
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Boo hoo.......
Far out some people have no idea! _

No one is forced to get up an hour earlier becasue od DLS.
6am is still 6am, 9pm is still 9pm.

If you got up at 5am before daylight savings, you still get up at 5am after daylight savings.
The idea is not to think about the "old" time.... it is really easy.

These people that rant around complaining the day is longer and ****....
grow a brain..... the day is still only 24hr long! :
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #21
zhodak
Shakern, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
"curtains will fade more" is getting really old, time to get new material.
The chickens will start crowing and the roosters will lay eggs.

As for boring a$$ cricket, it should remain off the TV
New toy, 2005 TX RWD Territory, Black, optioned with Ex JC Cross 5 19's soon to be matt black alloys in 19x8.5, cruise and tinted glass, tricky pedals, JVC Head Unit in the what use to be tissue holder, reversre camera, Ford window shades, JC sourced cargo blind, MOMO wheel (in black of course). MB Quartz 2 ways in rear doors and Precision Response 6" Kevlar splits in front doors, LED DRL's, fog lights with angel eyes and Castle Headers, Hurricane cat and XR8 Hotdog
zhodak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #22
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Click the Link here To see one of the prime examples of idiots in WA...Look for the reply by Willy Samo at the bottom of the article

this one is a classic from there:
"I think that we should import Cane Toads by the truckload from Queensland, they will eat all of the locust quick smart. When we don't need the Cane Toads anymore we can feed them to the Foxes and Feral cats that decimate our environment. We could also train rabbits to eat the locusts, or somebody from The New Inventors on ABC could invent a giant vacuum cleaner that could fix to the front of a 4wd so we could just drive over a swarm and suck the buggers up? "

wouldn't it be easier to just invent something to eat the locusts and then eat them? Do the same with the foxes and rabbits - keep the nutritional value.
Old 14-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #23
BlewThunder

how about something to eat the idiot writing the article?
BlewThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #24
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You want to get home from work early to enjoy the afternoon start work earlier worl a 6am till 4pm, there plenty of time to enjoy the arvo daylight.

WA or Australian doesn’t need daylight savings, it’s for European summers, we get 14-15hrs of daylight hear in summer, get out of bed at 5AM WST and you will realise this.

“No one is forced to get up an hour earlier because of DLS.
6am is still 6am, 9pm is still 9pm”

No 6am is 5am this is shown buy the simple fact that it is still dark outside where at the real 6am it is light.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #25
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My thoughts were along the lines of what Green X has said. It's not the real time as it needs to be adjusted to be one hour ahead. By the powers that be our local time is +8GMT, meaning at 12AM GMT we are 8AM... not 9AM
Old 14-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #26
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

he has to get up at 3:00am so that means he is getting up at 2:00am.....

getting up at at 4:00am... which is really 3:00am.....

Tell me you two arent related to CruizinEB..... wait... its likely you are... as you were gentlement, return to your banjos.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #27
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
My thoughts were along the lines of what Green X has said. It's not the real time as it needs to be adjusted to be one hour ahead. By the powers that be our local time is +8GMT, meaning at 12AM GMT we are 8AM... not 9AM

Actually, you aren't on GMT. GMT is rarely used because it changes whenever Greenwich time changes. It is all about the UTC (Universal Time Coordinate) which is fixed and never changes.

Anyway, it is the real time. Your time zone changes, you are now UTC+9 hours ;)

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #28
honer
Back to N/A land

Hahahaha..

Some of the sh!t people come up with about DST.

Really makes me laugh.

Its here. Is good. Move on with your fragile lifes.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #29
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
You want to get home from work early to enjoy the afternoon start work earlier worl a 6am till PM, there plenty of time to enjoy the arvo daylight..
Many people simply don't have that luxury. Banks still open and close at the same time. trade goes on as it always has.
Quote:
WA or Australian doesn’t need daylight savings, it’s for European summers, we get 14-15hrs of daylight hear in summer,
that's precisely the reason TO have daylight savings. Most people want to do something of the afternoon and not of a morning before they head off to work.

Quote:
“No one is forced to get up an hour earlier because of DLS.
6am is still 6am, 9pm is still 9pm”

No 6am is 5am this is shown buy the simple fact that it is still dark outside where at the real 6am it is light.
I'd say most people here have the intelligence to know what the relative time is. You shift your body clock by one measly hour and very soon adjust. The time relative to what was becomes irrelevant.

I really can't see what all the resistance to DS is all about. We've had it for so long in NSW (and other states) that you don't even think about it - except to wish for it so you can have that extra daylight at the end of the day - Summer is great!

What I do notice is that, now living close to the Qld/NSW border, there are issues when crossing different time zones. There are benefits too - 2 doses of NYE, if you want to stay out later pretend your on Qld time ...
Old 14-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #30
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR8220
No you can't use Milk, remember cows give sour milk because of DLS as they get confused as to what time it is.
Now I am as confused as the farmyard animals. I thought the cows would stop laying eggs and the chickens woudlnt give milk :evil_laug

The best arguement against DLS was "they have DLS in Baghdad and I wouldnt want to live there". Gold, pure gold.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post