Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 AM   #31
20focus05
I wanna XR5

I've only CL but have had a few probs, O2 sensor, bad starting, water leaks in rear 1/4 window, bad paint work and now rust. our dealer loves us lol
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #32
paul&amanda
Starter Motor

Default distorted rear windscreen

the rear windscreen on my 06 lx sedan was badly distorted ford replaced it under warranty but the new one was just as bad after checking some other cars on the lot it seems most of them have the same problem they are trying to find a replacement one of acceptable quality i would advise all focus owners to check thier window glass for distortion and go back to thier dealer and ask for it to be replaced if needed.

Last edited by paul&amanda; 03-10-2006 at 08:15 PM. Reason: entered wrong year model
paul&amanda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #33
73MTU

Month/year build:nov 05 with 20000k's

Spec Level: dunno, bottom of teh range

KMs at time of fault:had problems since within the first week of ownig the thing

Symtoms not starting, door locks cycling randomly, marks on paint job

Fault:dunno, faulty front left selonoid, dodgey paint job

Fixed? By: not fixed yet, fixed under warranty, and fixed under warranty

Comments: the starting problem didnt happen for a while now but still ****ed off with the service i got at the time of that problem, the locks got fixed after goin to 3 different ford yards was happy with Torque Ford in Redcliffe who fixed the locks. and teh rear bar got painted pretty much straight away of me informing them. that all i think, i was sure there was more, will post when i remember.
73MTU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #34
karl74

I would urge anyone with a problem that hasn't been fixed email Ford Australia. Maybe if they start seeing a consistency in the type of problems posted they might do something about it. Here is the link to Ford's Customer Service where you can email them with your problem(s)

https://www.ford.com.au/contactus/in...fordcrc.com.au
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #35
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

The seat adjustment handle cover comes off really easily
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #36
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine had developed a problem attracting bad drivers and bad parkers.

I think it had a d1ckhead magnet installed somewhere but I can't find it.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #37
amlohac

E-mail is great, phone is even better
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #38
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by More revs
Mine had developed a problem attracting bad drivers and bad parkers.

I think it had a d1ckhead magnet installed somewhere but I can't find it.
When I park and find a parking space, I profile the driver by the car they drive and its condition. For example, Thursday night, Miranda Westfield carpark, 84 Ford Laser with red Ps one side, Toyota Prado with tissues on the dash the other. The Laser has Ford seat covers on it, so I'm guessing the driver loves Fords, going by how young they are, they probably are working in the shops and know how valuable money is. I could park 20cm from them and wouldn't get a scratch.

The Prado is probably mums taxi dragging 6 deliquent kids around the shops. Coming back to the car, they pull their trolly to the back of the 4wd scratching the surrounding cars, unlocks the door for the kids, kids swinging the doors into surrounding car. Leaving the carpark she can;t manover the 4wd well but CBF doing a 3pt turn to get out cleanly and scrapes the car surrounding it. They also cbf about their car because the husband paid for the 4wd.

I know this is a gross generalisation, but most of the time you can just "tell" Whether its safe or not. Any car that looks like it carries kids is a definate no-no to park next to.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #39
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I agree with you totally BlackLS. Its for that reason that I park next to new-ish sparkling BMWs, Mercs and other Euro expensive cars.

I also try to find a spot where there is a wall or pillar on the passenger side if I reverse in. That way, I can put the car within 5 cm of the pillar and leave HEAPS of room on the other side for the other car to open their doors and such.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #40
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

I gave the car a good wash on Saturday and was the first opportunity I had to do a very close scan of the car. I discovered the Headlight lenses, particularly the right has some frost-like stain around the blinker. Looks like moisture or something. I also found a tiny paint chip in the rear right door frame which is already rusty, then on the rear hatch, the plastic fitting above the licence plate that houses the latch/lights has a small scratch and a scuff (looks like someone opened the hatch onto something without enough height clearance). What's the best way to go about this? call the dealer or drive in there and put them on the spot?

If the lights need replaceing, I'll enquire about the Zetec lights and cash adjustment. I hope this wont turn into a nightmare.

They'll definitely deny the paint chip, I should have checked all the door frames thoroughly when I collected it. Hopefully I can get some touch up paint.

Last edited by Stugots; 09-10-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #41
BlackLS

If the chip is rusted then that would indicate its been there for a while. Go back to the dealer NOW.

The headlight, I'd bet that the headlight hasn't been sealed properly at the back and that is dried condensation or even dried sea salt from the trip over the Indian Ocean.

There is only a 5000km warranty on fit and finish...
Old 09-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #42
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
If the chip is rusted then that would indicate its been there for a while. Go back to the dealer NOW.

The headlight, I'd bet that the headlight hasn't been sealed properly at the back and that is dried condensation or even dried sea salt from the trip over the Indian Ocean.

There is only a 5000km warranty on fit and finish...
Cheers BlackLS, and I didn't know about the fit & finish limit.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #43
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Bloody clutch return spring broke, oh ie oh ie its off to ford we go.

Oh forgot to mention that I have had the B pillar(rear door)trim replaced 3 times, keep warping and coming adrift.
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #44
zetecboy

Month/year build:June 2005
Spec Level: Zetec
KMs at time of fault: 28,000
Symtoms: Knocking/popping noise under acceleration in reverse
Fault:Rear engine mount (took them 7 hours to find it!!)
Fixed? By: Under warranty
Comments: -

Month/year build:June 2005
Spec Level: Zetec
KMs at time of fault: 28,000
Symtoms:Sever wobble under acceleration between 60-75kmh
Fault: "out of round" CV shaft
Fixed? By: Not yet - parts ordered
Comments: When they replaced the rear engine mount this problem was apparent, I specificly asked Sinclair Ford (Penrith) to road test the car between 60-75kmh when they did the replaced the engine mount. I picked the car up only to find the wobble was still there. Either they didn't road test the car at the speed I said it happens or whoever did road test it somehow thought a wobble that vibrates the whole front end of the car is normal??? :
zetecboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #45
MikGan

Month/year build:Nov 2005
Spec Level: LX
KMs at time of fault: 32,000
Symtoms: Pinging motor, happens all the time under firm acceleration no matter what fuel
Fault:Had the ecu flashed 3 times now still not fixed
Fixed? no
Comments: Very frusturating but been told to wait for new software, like the other 3 times nows.... last new car I'll ever buy for the wife me thinks.
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #46
raymon81

Anybody noticed a difference in the beeping sound when you havnt got your seatbelt on? Mine is definatly sounding abit different to when i first got the car. It sounds as if it is sick, i cant really describe it but just thought id ask if its happened to anybody else.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #47
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon81
Anybody noticed a difference in the beeping sound when you havnt got your seatbelt on? Mine is definatly sounding abit different to when i first got the car. It sounds as if it is sick, i cant really describe it but just thought id ask if its happened to anybody else.
Like its distorting yeah? A lot of it comes from the vibration with plastics in the guage cluster. Mine disappeared when I did the LEDs
Old 25-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #48
Conquest_Tsi

Quote:
Like its distorting yeah? A lot of it comes from the vibration with plastics in the guage cluster. Mine disappeared when I did the LEDs

Anyone know of an easy way of disabling this irratating alert?
Conquest_Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #49
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest_Tsi
Anyone know of an easy way of disabling this irratating alert?
There is a method that works on the Euro Focuses which includes the XR5. Doesn't work on ours, the best we could probably do is ground the wire for the seatbelt alert.
Old 25-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #50
raymon81

Quote:
Yep your spot on mate. When i take my car in for the 15,000 service ill get Ford to fix it. Thanx for that.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #51
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone could try go to ford and demand it be disabled for "motorsport purposes".
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #52
FocusLX06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikGan
Month/year build:Nov 2005
Spec Level: LX
KMs at time of fault: 32,000
Symtoms: Pinging motor, happens all the time under firm acceleration no matter what fuel
Fault:Had the ecu flashed 3 times now still not fixed
Fixed? no
Comments: Very frusturating but been told to wait for new software, like the other 3 times nows.... last new car I'll ever buy for the wife me thinks.
I have same problem, amoungst other things... It makes the car sound soo gutless.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #53
Curly
SOLD: 2006 LS Focus LX

Default Faults in my new focus

I have been reading this forum for a while and have now picked up my new LX sedan (today) These are the current problems.

Little bubbles, creases and hairs in tint (all windows)
Front left hand speaker not working
T-Bar knob scratched (many scratches)
Plastic battery cover unable to be clipped shut. (all the ones in the yard were the same) The guy broke the clip trying to fix it
Bonnet rubbing on one of the headlight protectors (bonnet slightly wonky)

They say they will fix these problems when we take it back for it's first service, but we will arrange for some of it to be done sooner.

Are these problems common?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #54
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly
I have been reading this forum for a while and have now picked up my new LX sedan (today) These are the current problems.

Little bubbles, creases and hairs in tint (all windows)
Front left hand speaker not working
T-Bar knob scratched (many scratches)
Plastic battery cover unable to be clipped shut. (all the ones in the yard were the same) The guy broke the clip trying to fix it
Bonnet rubbing on one of the headlight protectors (bonnet slightly wonky)

They say they will fix these problems when we take it back for it's first service, but we will arrange for some of it to be done sooner.

Are these problems common?
The tint would have been a 3rd party tinter.

My front left speaker also stopped working. Loose connection.

Battery cover sounds wierd. Bonnet rubbing can be fixed by the rubber buffers being unscrewed a bit.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #55
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

I got tint issues too (bubbles). I'll raise that (among other things) when I see em for the Peace of Mind service. They had Solartint do it i think.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #56
Curly
SOLD: 2006 LS Focus LX

According to the receipt the dealer used "Australian Auto Tint" in Ringwood. The tint is Omega Plus 35%

I'm glad the other problems are fixable.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #57
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My LS Zetec must be a freak because I have no problems with anything... the pinging others have is a concern but I've thrashed this thing from day one and never heard any pinging or protests at all.

I got stuck with a tank of 91 RON for the first time last week but never again. It lost a fair bit of HP and ran noticably flat and lifeless. This was the fist time it's had 91 RON and I listened very carefully - but no pinging thankfully.

There must be ECU issues on some cars - curious. Maybe the temp range of the spark plugs??? I'm at a loss.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #58
Uni

Quote:
My LS Zetec must be a freak because I have no problems with anything... the pinging others have is a concern but I've thrashed this thing from day one and never heard any pinging or protests at all.

I got stuck with a tank of 91 RON for the first time last week but never again. It lost a fair bit of HP and ran noticably flat and lifeless. This was the fist time it's had 91 RON and I listened very carefully - but no pinging thankfully.

There must be ECU issues on some cars - curious. Maybe the temp range of the spark plugs??? I'm at a loss.
as i think i said earlier in the thread, mine only runs on 91 because i'm a cheap bastard and i've had no pinging issues, no problems with paint quality and nothing but top service from Ford dealerships..

mind you, it helps when you've bought enough of their cars to own shares in the place

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #59
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL would be nice to own Ford alright then maybe I could find out what they've done to the Pertek rally Focus..... I want 207 Kw too.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #60
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
LOL would be nice to own Ford alright then maybe I could find out what they've done to the Pertek rally Focus..... I want 207 Kw too.
then buy an XR5T and do some simple mods lol....its really that simple...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post