Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Default Network Card Prob -- Help

Hey guys, a litte help would be appreciated, emailed the company 4 days ago, no response.
I got a TP Link (TG3269) PCI network card, as i want to set up a gigabit network between my comps to get quicker transfer rates.
I install the card, and install the drivers and at the end of the setup i get this error

I got the latest drivers from TPLINKS homepage, same thing.
Would this error be coming up because i am using the network card built in to the m/b ?

sys config is : P4 3.2ghz, shuttle m/b, win xp sp2

any help would be great

Old 01-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #2
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
Hey guys, a litte help would be appreciated, emailed the company 4 days ago, no response.
I got a TP Link (TG3269) PCI network card, as i want to set up a gigabit network between my comps to get quicker transfer rates.
I install the card, and install the drivers and at the end of the setup i get this error

I got the latest drivers from TPLINKS homepage, same thing.
Would this error be coming up because i am using the network card built in to the m/b ?

sys config is : P4 3.2ghz, shuttle m/b, win xp sp2

any help would be great
Possibly..

Have you tried disabling the onboard lan?
Old 01-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
BlackLS

Possible conflict.

Try disabling the ol network connection and try again. Unless you downloaded the worng driver, if thats the case use the driver that came with it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
BlackLS

Were you logged into the administrator account when you installed it?

What other pci cards are installed

Whats the mobo model

Try this:

Get into device manager (start>run>devmgmt.msc)
View>Show hidden devices
There could be a driver in there that trying to use the same resources that your network cards trying to use.

If not it may lay with interupt requests (IRQ) or Bios needs an update.

Last edited by BlackLS; 01-02-2006 at 06:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #5
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Start by disabling/removing other network devices on the system.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #6
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

M/B isnt shuttle, its a Gigabyte GA-8iP775-G.

Other PCI cards are, Audigy 2 sound card, HDTV Card, Firewire card.

I disabled the motherboards network, and restarted and it still wont start the other card. EDIT: Should i remove the drivers for the m/b network ?

Re-installed it with the drivers that came with it. its wierd the XP drivers on the disk are only 200kb unzipped, off the website the XP drivers are 500kb.

did the device manager as you said, heres what comes up:
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Just pulled the card out, and installed it in the other computer, and it installed no problem. It has a m/b network too which is active. so i guess its conflicting with something on my main pc. wierd.
I am guessing i can use a crossover cable to hook the 2 computers up, and then with the other network adapter on my 2nd pc, i can hook that up to my adsl router ? if that makes sense ?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you have 2 Gigabit cards installed on your machine? From what I can see you have TP-Link and Marvel Yukon

Is the Card you are trying to install Marvel Yukon? or TP-Link? From what I can see just there, you will have one card conflicting with the other.

If this is not the case and you only have 1 Gigabit Card. Uninstall BOTH those Gigabit Cards (one is obviously wrong).

Restart the computer. Do not install any drivers. Let Windows XP decide which drivers to use. Then your card should be working fine.

If you need to update the drivers. Go to the same screen as you have above, double click on the Network Card and click on Drivers.

Click Update Driver and click Do not search I will choose from a list
Then Click Have Disk

Browse to the unzipped contents of your newly downloaded updated drivers and look for a blahblahblah.INF file.

Double click on this and let the machine do the rest

Hope this helps
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And as for the setup, I drew a nice picture for you!

clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
XR6HP
Senior 3FB Navigator

Why not just buy a 5port Ethernet Switch?? They're cheap enough and that way you don't have to share the Internet Connection from the Box connected to the ADSL modem. Just plug the modem into the switch and then both PC's into it. You can probably even get a half decent ADSL modem with 4-5 Ethernet ports on it as well for under $80 if you look around!

You should be able to have more than one network card on your pc working at once. Onboard or not. I have two working right now with no problems. Check to see that the settings are correct for your onboard card in the System Properties/Device Manager screen. Perhaps you need to download the latest Motherboard drivers? Even swapping the order of the PCI cards can have different effects!
XR6HP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

my adsl router is a 4 port wireless 108mbit one, but i want to connect the 2 pc's directly to have gigabit connection, alot quicker for storing large files, and then just share the internet.

thanks for the diagram clontarf , thats what i am wanting to do.