Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-01-2021, 10:47 PM   #11
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Spot on. Even going to Chookaloo in Kuitpo Forest is almost impossible no matter the time of year last year. Ive tried going mid week, non school holiday, non long weekend and can never ever get a spot. Cannot prebook. Its first in best dressed. Makes me wonder if these 'campers' are actually permanent residents there or not. I've given up trying to get in there, its hopeless.

I have a mates with land in Myponga and Mt Compass which I have been welcome to stay at. So I will probably do that again in future.
Wait till it goes online prebooking and it'll be even worse as you get people booking well in advance and then not showing up for whatever reason, Ranger at Mambray Creek said he's had to turn people away on popular weekends despite empty sites due to prebooked and no show.

We started going to Mt Crawford just before they ditched the envelopes system to go online, used to be able to send someone up midweek to secure a good site then roll in over the next few days, we'd get a big site to accommodate a couple of campers and a few cars, now its online you can book the days leading up to the weekend but come Friday lunchtime and youre out.

Its silly really as they're losing 2 or 3 nights when the site is otherwise vacant, to allow online booking of 2 nights on the weekend.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: