Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #31
TRAU BLAU

Default Re: Clogged fuel pressure regulator (with pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camo View Post
I have a EF 4.0i with the same issues, rough idle, occasional missing and I have replaced all sensors, coilpack,leads,plugs,filters etc but still no difference. So what I am asking I suppose is it possible Iv'e got the same problems? I would really appreciate some feedback as I have been trying to fix these symptoms for 10 months now and I am out of ideas and money
The rough idle is more likely to be caused by gunk stuck to sides of throttle body.Inside rocker-cover also.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #32
xr8cam

Motor is less than 10,000kms old after complete rebuild. Changed ECU, new sensors plugs and leads. Scan tool says nothing... Has a set of rebuilt injectors and original regulator. What are your thoughts on new VDO injectors and replacing fuel rail and regulator? Thanks for reply.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #33
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camo View Post
Motor is less than 10,000kms old after complete rebuild. Changed ECU, new sensors plugs and leads. Scan tool says nothing... Has a set of rebuilt injectors and original regulator. What are your thoughts on new VDO injectors and replacing fuel rail and regulator? Thanks for reply.
The fuel reg may be blocked (being pretty old now) so is it running rich & any black smoke?

cheres, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #34
xr8cam

Thanks for reply. No, there is no smoke but it is a little fumey when you leave it running in the driveway. Fuel usage seems normal. I replaced fuel pump and filter recently with no change, my next purchase is brand new injectors, rather than the re manufactured ones I've got.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2018, 08:15 PM   #35
boostedup
Starter Motor

hi guys ,re blocked au 4L fuel pressure regulator , my falcon au ute was burning 1 litre of fuel every 4.4kms so when i had removed the FPR from the rail i blew 100psi into the fuel filter pipe connection that connects to the fuel rail and cleared out a lot of black rusty sooty material ,then blew back into the FPR body and cleared the return fuel tank line, after fitting a new fuel filter and a new FPR valve to the rail body i am getting 10-12kms per litre. saves taking of fuel rail etc and can be fixed in an hour.
boostedup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #36
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Good stuff, let us know if any more issues arise from the fuel rail itself rusting from the inside. Might have to replace it sooner or later, good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #37
ChilliDude911
Starter Motor

Great post, and planning to do it on my BF.
What size diameter is the vacuum hose on top of the Fuel Pressure Regulator?
I want to buy some hose before I start, as it appears brittle, but not leaking. Thanks
ChilliDude911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post