Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Some blessed holy water for my au wagon? lol

What can I say? The wagon has been going great for a good while. Apart from some very minor issues its actually been reliable..until today.
Well I suppose it starts with the day where I nicked in for a cup of coffee at Newingtow shops at Ave of Americas. I havent been there for a while and so just paked the car and shot off to grab the brew.What a beautiful spot watching the stadium and homebush olympic park..Got ot the car and it seems my morning craving cost me 88 dollars in fines from some mob called carparks Australia. Great Car Parks Australia. You are really helping business there by being mean to a worker dog .
Ah well it happens I thought so cruising down Silverwater Rd pressing the close power window button say my window come off the rails at a wierd angle and about to fall out lol. I just grabbed the sucker and pulled it completely out and onto my passengers seat. Ok I thought..it happens
Shot off to panel beaters suppliers and purchased heavy duty windscreen silicone..I smiled as I repositioned the glass and of course glued it all together.
24 hour curing time was the expected drying time and so I thought no probs.My trusty air con was right there...there..there. Well bugger me the fan shat itself .
Ok still calm I tested it and it seems I need to remove the whole dashboard ..steering colum etc to replace it.

Mind is ticking. I am not going to remove the dash.I am going to throw some fans on the vents which will save me hell and 12 straight hours of work. I want go fishing...

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Stav, listen to me.
Replace windows with plexy.
Take out aircon.
Retune on E85.
Gut out the car.
Run a 13.
That is all.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

lol. sounds like a GREAT day. atleast there only niggley things, not mechanical. for now.....
hendoau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post