Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-05-2024, 09:28 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

BF MK II FPV continued.................

For BF MK II, FPV launched three special editions, starting with the 40th Anniversary GT.

This package included GT-P alloys with gloss black accents, gold overhead & side stripe package, leather trim, I-Pod connection, special floor mats, unique accent colour on side skirt flutes and spoiler pillars. Mechanical changes were limited to retuned dampers, which FPV called R-Spec suspension, and there was a higher capacity transmission cooler for automatic option.

Production started in March 2007 and 400 were made.

The second special edition was the F6 Typhoon R-Spec.

FPV retuned the R-Spec suspension for the lighter turbo engine, added leather trim, special floor mats, I-Pod connection, dark accent colour on spoiler pillars and wheels. Production started in August 2007 and 300 were made.

Available in Winter White, Vixen, Ego, Lightning Strike, Neo, Silhouette.

Side note, this was when FPV started making terrible CGI images.

The last special edition made the most impact, the Cobra GT sedan and Pursuit Cobra.

Externally, the 19'' GT-P alloys had a gloss white treatment, blue overhead and side stripe package and black spoiler pillars. Inside, leather trim with cobra logo was standard, cobra branded mats and I-Pod connection.

Where the sedan was based on the GT, the ute was based on the Super Pursuit, so it had the Performance Seats but lacked R-Spec suspention. It otherwise mimicked the sedan with the same wheels, stripe package and Cobra logos.

Mechanically, the R-Spec suspension was against standard. The Boss 5.4 V8 engine gained an additional 12 kw and 20 Nm for a total of 302 kw at 6000 rpm and 540 Nm at 4750 rpm. This engine became standard for all V8 FPV's from October 2007 production.

Production started in October 2007 with 400 sedans and 100 utes made. All were made in Winter White with the blue decal pack.

Despite all three models having a performance focus, the R-Spec suspension package especially, its strange FPV didn't make the Premium 6/4 Brembo brakes standard. Or offer the GT-P's Performance seats an option. I guess stuff like that is what separated FPV from HSV.

Overall, I think the BF and BF MK II FPV range was the FPV's finest hours. Prior to that, they were only getting started, after that they seemed to be budget constrained.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: