Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2020, 07:23 PM   #1801
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Covid 19 -

So it's been confirmed that the WHO, were tweeting that they had no evidence to believe that the coronavirus could actually be transmitted from person to person, after there were 40 something reported cases. Can they seriously be that incompetent? This was when the US closed it's borders to the Chinese, and the WHO critisized the US for doing it, saying there was no pandemic. Idiots.

Then around the same time, the Chinese banned all flights into Wuhan, but were happy for flights heading out to continue. So they knew the virus existed, but were more than happy to spread it around the world. What a bunch of ****'s.
Old 17-04-2020, 07:35 PM   #1802
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
So it's been confirmed that the WHO, were tweeting that they had no evidence to believe that the coronavirus could actually be transmitted from person to person, after there were 40 something reported cases. Can they seriously be that incompetent? This was when the US closed it's borders to the Chinese, and the WHO critisized the US for doing it, saying there was no pandemic. Idiots.

Then around the same time, the Chinese banned all flights into Wuhan, but were happy for flights heading out to continue. So they knew the virus existed, but were more than happy to spread it around the world. What a bunch of ****'s.
We went ahead of WHO so we obviously had enough intel to do so. If we had enough to inform that the decision, then the US and UK did too. The failings of the WHO and China should not absolve those governments of their failings.

We all know both the WHO and China have ****ed the world over but you still have to hold the governments of countries accountable for lack of action.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 08:41 PM   #1803
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The next big question to be debated is the new government phone app for tracking people and their movements.
I suspect it will allow them to backtrack people who have been exposed and who has interacted with them so testing and isolation can be implemented when needed.

Who is going to download and use it? Who is not, and for what reasons?
This user likes this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #1804
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
The next big question to be debated is the new government phone app for tracking people and their movements.
I suspect it will allow them to backtrack people who have been exposed and who has interacted with them so testing and isolation can be implemented when needed.

I will not be downloading the app, because that is another step towards big brother aka Aust govt keeping tabs on every one of us at all times.
Old 17-04-2020, 09:10 PM   #1805
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:

February 13th, well after the Chinese government knew of the high risk of human to human transmission, and the number of deaths in China were rising rapidly, the Chinese embassy in Canberra released the following statement - after the Australian Government announced an extension to the Chinese travel ban:
Quote:

“We express our deep regret and dissatisfaction over the Australian government’s announcement.

“The World Health Organisation has repeatedly stressed that it does not recommend putting travel and trade restrictions on China.

“Only Australia and a small number of countries have taken such extreme measures which are an overreaction indeed.

“We urge the Australian side to respect WHO’s professional recommendations, and lift the restrictions as early as possible.”

Unbelievable. The Chinese Government wanted travel bans lifted, knowing that potential arrivals from China could be infected with Covid-19, and possibly spread the virus in Australia. And in the 57 other countries that had Chinese travel bans in place at the time.

The WHO did in fact know of human to human transmission. And said so earlier on January 14th at a press conference in Geneva by Maria Van Kerkhove of the WHO's emerging diseases unit who stated "From the information that we have it is possible that there is limited human-to-human transmission". Later on the same day, the WHO sent the following Tweet..

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

WTF??

WHO didn't even bother to asses the situation for themselves, before posting that information to the world?? Taking the word of a country that is widely known for misleading and hiding the truth??

After the WHO finally decided to investigate, and actually go to China, on January 30th, they announced that the outbreak had become a "public health emergency of international concern over the global outbreak of novel coronavirus." But still sucked up to China with statements like "the Chinese government is to be congratulated for the extraordinary measures it has taken to contain the outbreak", and "The speed with which China detected the outbreak, isolated the virus, sequenced the genome and shared it with WHO and the world are very impressive, and beyond words. So is China’s commitment to transparency and to supporting other countries." Remember this was January 30th. After China's Covid cases were rising very rapidly (but kept hidden), and there were 18 other countries with reported Covid cases. But the WHO even tried to play that down!

Read the full statement below. It truly is unbelievable how far up China's a**e these guys are.

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/deta...rus-(2019-ncov)

Last edited by Tickford.; 17-04-2020 at 09:18 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 09:12 PM   #1806
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

If I received a positive diagnosis and we are still in a position where an anti viral hasn’t been approved as a genuine solution I would download the app, if not I’d just go into 100% ISO on medication until given a clean bill of health.
Old 17-04-2020, 09:14 PM   #1807
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post

Hey, the ATO has enough info on me and my business.
Next the banks have enough info on me re my business and home loans.
I ain't going to load that app at all, they have enough info on me and I'm sure they don't need an app to find me, up in the sky its a bird its a plane its a satelite.
I'm complying by the rules and my family......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 09:25 PM   #1808
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Well what do you know, a lot of countries around the world, including the Australian Government, are now asking China to come clean as to the origin of this synthetic virus.

The virus that started with people eating 'bats' at a 'seafood' market. There's something obviously not right with that statement in itself. So the Chinese f**ked up from the very beginning with releasing statements like that.
Old 17-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #1809
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will not use the app because I do not trust them to not abuse it despite the positive effect it could potentially have.

That sentiment exists because of years of legislation being abused. The metadata rules originated for the purposes of enabling law enforcement agencies to prosecute serious crimes which I agree with, but over time everyone found a reason to get in on it and now they want 7 years worth instead of 2.

They say they could make it mandatory if they don't have enough voluntary participation so I'd like to see how that is possible. How the **** is that different to the CCP?

As a rule I don't have data or Bluetooth enabled unless I need to use it anyway. Is that gonna be illegal?
3 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #1810
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Read the full statement below. It truly is unbelievable how far up China's a**e these guys are.

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/deta...rus-(2019-ncov)
Hmm.. not sure why that link isn't working on this forum?

Too late to edit my post so I'll try another way. Go to the link below and look for the article posted 30th January titled "WHO Director-General's statement on IHR Emergency Committee on Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)". Should be 3rd article from the top.

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/4
Old 17-04-2020, 10:32 PM   #1811
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
At least 3 migrations dating back approx. 40,000 years. About when homo sapien started dominating neanderthals. Where is the cut off point for migration, 20,000 years, 2000, 200?
We could do it by ethnicity?

That worked well last time didn't it
Old 17-04-2020, 10:44 PM   #1812
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
How the **** is that different to the CCP?
Well in fairness to the state and federal governments we haven’t been locked into our houses with welded bars yet, or been chased down the street by teams in hazmat suits
Old 17-04-2020, 10:54 PM   #1813
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Well in fairness to the state and federal governments we haven’t been locked into our houses with welded bars yet, or been chased down the street by teams in hazmat suits
No we haven't and I hope it never happens. No ****ing way we would shut up anyway, well I'd hope.

I was referencing the CCP social credit system where they are able to track everyone and it is not opt in.

There is suggestion they will force this on us if not enough participate voluntarily.

The trust deficit exists in our country not because of the fault of citizens but governments.

It would be a useful tool but it's not our fault we are sceptical at all was my point.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 17-04-2020 at 11:19 PM.
Old 17-04-2020, 11:21 PM   #1814
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck forcing it on us. I'd estimate around 50% of the population would opt in. Good luck getting the app to work on my landline at home. I'll leave my work phones at work at the end of the day. I can be contact on landline and by email.

The government has no business knowing where I go or what I do.
8 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 11:31 PM   #1815
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Good luck forcing it on us. I'd estimate around 50% of the population would opt in. Good luck getting the app to work on my landline at home. I'll leave my work phones at work at the end of the day. I can be contact on landline and by email.

Well if they got 50% opt in they won't have to force it by their own measurements.

We have done well so far so I think we just keep it going for a little bit longer relatively and maybe we can get back to normal soon enough.

Keep the borders locked down from outside obviously. And if they come, keep that enforced 14 day hotel stay.
Old 17-04-2020, 11:41 PM   #1816
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a bucket of sad sheite that we are even here debating c19. life before c19 seems nothing but a distant memory that lay dormant in the shadows of yesterday waiting for the next rainbow of hope.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2020, 12:00 AM   #1817
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC View Post
Just a bucket of sad sheite that we are even here debating c19. life before c19 seems nothing but a distant memory that lay dormant in the shadows of yesterday waiting for the next rainbow of hope.
It's not really that much different for me but can empathise with those who are doing it tough especially those who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.

I can go to work every day as normal where others can't.

Got the **** in the GFC and while it killed my career trajectory, at the time it was not as dire
as it would be today in the same circumstances. Pure dumb luck.
Old 18-04-2020, 12:06 AM   #1818
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You think you're that interesting? How cute.
Old 18-04-2020, 12:12 AM   #1819
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
No he isn't but he is right. They don't.
Old 18-04-2020, 12:47 AM   #1820
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Here is a well educated and rational person presenting about treatments including that one.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...tment/12151770
Dr Norman Swan? Just another rent seeker pushing ABC's anti-Trump message. Completely dismissive of the hydroxychloroquine combination treatment, because Trump heard it's working in small trials.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e3706035a50563

"When the infection rate was climbing last month, Dr Swan took to social media with predictions that a doubling of reported cases every three days would see numbers rise from 1700 to 7000 or 8000 in a week — with the true number possibly 80,000.

Highly critical of the Morrison government for not treating the crisis seriously enough, or acting with haste, he tweeted: “Primary school maths. Someone should go figure. No magic fairy will bring that down. 14-20 days behind Italy. Believe in maths not magic.”

In another tweet, Dr Swan said: “Bring the public with you. Young people as well as the elderly will die unnecessarily if we don’t act. Today’s cases are the result of what we didn’t do two weeks ago.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2020, 12:53 AM   #1821
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Nope. I don't think it, I know it.
Old 18-04-2020, 01:05 AM   #1822
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate it's not about being anti-Trump. He has no credentials to assert anything on health manners.

You can claim it is fake MSM but we all hear is him talking and it is mostly dribbling ****. He literally asserted he has absolute power over everything. Which is wrong even from the **** end of the word even with no skin in the game.

Did he forget that the US fought a war of independence to not have a King
Old 18-04-2020, 01:10 AM   #1823
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mate it's not about being anti-Trump. He has no credentials to assert anything on health manners.

You can claim it is fake MSM but we all hear is him talking and it is mostly dribbling ****. He literally asserted he has absolute power over everything. Which is wrong even from the **** end of the word even with no skin in the game.

I'm not claiming it's a fake story, the story is real. We're yet to hear Swan on ABC issue an apology or correction as to how he got his numbers so wrong. According to Swan it was "Primary School maths". I guess Swan failed primary school maths.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2020, 07:08 AM   #1824
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

We also have confirmation that the whole coronavirus is a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE
Old 18-04-2020, 07:13 AM   #1825
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Dr Norman Swan? Just another rent seeker pushing ABC's anti-Trump message. Completely dismissive of the hydroxychloroquine combination treatment, because Trump heard it's working in small trials.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e3706035a50563

"When the infection rate was climbing last month, Dr Swan took to social media with predictions that a doubling of reported cases every three days would see numbers rise from 1700 to 7000 or 8000 in a week — with the true number possibly 80,000.

Highly critical of the Morrison government for not treating the crisis seriously enough, or acting with haste, he tweeted: “Primary school maths. Someone should go figure. No magic fairy will bring that down. 14-20 days behind Italy. Believe in maths not magic.”

In another tweet, Dr Swan said: “Bring the public with you. Young people as well as the elderly will die unnecessarily if we don’t act. Today’s cases are the result of what we didn’t do two weeks ago.
Right, everything comes down to Trump with you doesn't it. You've overdosed on the koolaid.

The maths has been proven in countries that didn't take decisive action.
Old 18-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #1826
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We could do it by ethnicity?

That worked well last time didn't it
That’s a fairly moderate option but I think we can take it a step further. I have 4 days left in lockdown, which should be plenty of time to petition the great nations of Africa to allow all us Homo sapiens to return to the motherland.
Old 18-04-2020, 07:49 AM   #1827
superyob
Banned

Quote:

Republics inevitably get an Emperor if history is a guide...
Old 18-04-2020, 08:15 AM   #1828
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
We also have confirmation that the whole coronavirus is a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE
From such a reliable source, I’m convinced
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #1829
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
That’s a fairly moderate option but I think we can take it a step further. I have 4 days left in lockdown, which should be plenty of time to petition the great nations of Africa to allow all us Homo sapiens to return to the motherland.
I'm looking forward to experiencing Sudan's world class healthcare system as they've only got 33 COVID-19 cases and 7 deaths!

Quote:
KHARTOUM, April 17 (Xinhua) -- Sudan on Friday reported one new COVID-19 case and one more death from the novel coronavirus, bringing the total confirmed cases to 33, including seven deaths.

"One new coronavirus infection has been recorded together with one death case," Sudan's Health Minister Akram Ali Al-Tom said in a statement.
http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_th...t_75946513.htm

Clearly by these superior numbers, Australia should look towards Sudan in how to better manage our COVID-19 crisis.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2020, 09:46 AM   #1830
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Right, everything comes down to Trump with you doesn't it. You've overdosed on the koolaid.
Negative ghostrider. Everything reported by the ABC must contain an element of #TDS

The national broadcaster is incapable of having anything positive to say about conservative governments. And isn't it interesting the ABC has been unusually quiet about George Pell's 7-0 High Court ruling earlier this week......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
The maths has been proven in countries that didn't take decisive action.
The math has been proven patently wrong in Australia. What more evidence does one require than the current numbers from Australia.

Last edited by Romulus; 18-04-2020 at 09:57 AM.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread