Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Default Saloon car extractors

Hi guys, i'm up for a set of extractors shortly and I came across this pic a little while ago of an AU saloon car engine bay with a set of extractors I haven't seen before on a 4.0 I6. Just wondering if anyone knows what brand they are, and if there are any difficulties with clearance when fitting them. They look fantastic, and i'm keen to give something different a go.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: Saloon car extractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
Hi guys, i'm up for a set of extractors shortly and I came across this pic a little while ago of an AU saloon car engine bay with a set of extractors I haven't seen before on a 4.0 I6. Just wondering if anyone knows what brand they are, and if there are any difficulties with clearance when fitting them. They look fantastic, and i'm keen to give something different a go.

I zoomed into the pic, looks like CES racing systems .

http://www.cesracing.com.au
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
Grippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif73 View Post
I zoomed into the pic, looks like CES racing systems .

http://www.cesracing.com.au
Cheers! I couldn't quite make out what it said.

I have sent CES an email asking prices, will let you guys know, they look like they might be a good alternative to the usual Pacemakers pending price and fitment.

Steve.

Old 13-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Grippy

I received a response from CES this morning regarding the extractors, they're $2,600! I guess i'll be going with Pacemaker 4480's at that price. It must be getting really pricey builing a competitive Saloon car these days with part prices like that.

Old 13-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Wow!
An extra $2K or so for an extra 5kW?

It seems that parts for anything that is a luxury item eg: race car, boat,jet ski,plane is quite expensive.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

LOL that price is outrageous. Sure they might need to recover some R&D but really?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Grippy

They look fantastic, but I was not expecting that price, Pacemakers will do the job for me for club level motorsport. I know the Saloon Car guys will spend up to snare every HP they can to gain an advantage on competitors and i'm sure those headers work, but they're probably overkill for a road car.

This user likes this post: