Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Question Replacing antenna

Chaps

I've just joined the AU fold. Never thought I would, but here I am. I've picked up a s/h AUII wagon, and it has a snapped antenna. How much of a bastard is this thing to replace? There is an ebay seller offering just the mast and 'rope' as a bit-part replacement, is this an easier option than doing the whole thing?

Will an electric one go straight in or are there wiring looms missing etc in a low series car?

Thanks in advance.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Replacing antenna

Welcome to the quality section of the forums (LOL). AU antennas are a pain, I gave up on mine and out in a flexable one. I did fix mu sons AU I and it took best part of a few hours. I didn;t do a how to for it, just followed the instructions (which weren't that helpfull. I did find this, hope it helps

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...lacing+antenna

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #3
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Going on what the UK says, I managed to replace the old AU Wagon's electric antenna in 2hrs (after working out how to get a rusted screw out)...

It's easy once you know what your doing!
XRGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Thanks lads. When you replaced yours, did you do the whole unit or just the antenna itself?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Just the antenna mast....

Still works to this day nearly 2 years since I replaced it, haha....
XRGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you are puting a power aerial where there was a manual one you will need to add some wiring. also it will need to be an after market semi auto one as they have the controls for functions that are normally provided by the BEM in a high series car

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you are puting a power aerial where there was a manual one you will need to add some wiring. also it will need to be an after market semi auto one as they have the controls for functions that are normally provided by the BEM in a high series car

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Ok stuff that then, I'll just get a replacement mast.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #9
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone tell/show me where I plug the black chord, which is fed into passenger foot well on replacement aerial kit? Can't find it. I have an AU2 forte non power aerial
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
rmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
Can anyone tell/show me where I plug the black chord, which is fed into passenger foot well on replacement aerial kit? Can't find it. I have an AU2 forte non power aerial

The black (coaxial) cable plugs in behind the radio unit?
7" DVD/GPS Radio
19" Wheels

HIS
FG XR8 Ute
Lux Pack
Tech Pack
Touch Screen GPS
rmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't sem to reach, will I have to pull the wheel cover off again?
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post