Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
Cleutin
Audiophile

Default New car options

To cut a long story short...

my 1999 KN Laser Sedan was written off by a Mercedes ML320 4WD. my baby was a multiple trophy winner for stereo competition on the local scene and received invites to the Australian National Finals. i was ranked 4th in the country for the class i competed in.

that aside... it looks like im getting a 2003 CL Focus 4dr Hatch (would prefer 2dr for a smaller cabin area for comps)

Im going to have a full competition system in the car, but i also want to look at engine work and body work on this car.

What are my options with a Focus? should i look at a different model/year to make things easier?

Thanks in Advance

Cleutin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 01:47 AM   #2
BlackLS
yum

Good thing about the LR Focus is that there is heaps of stuff in the US that can work out it, as well as a well established base in the UK. The LS doesn't have as big aftermarket stuff...

Check out european-parts.net as a starting point...

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

If you hunt down a 3 door LR Zetec, from 2002-2004 Sont did a number of project cars with custome interiors, there may be some help out there on those. They're a solid car and would provide a solid base, especially in 3 door.

The performance options would be turbo at around $5,000 for best performance, or otherwise a new intake, full set of headers, exhaust, high-flow cat and a tune. That'll liberate about 120-130kw and will do you very nicely.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 AM   #4
Cleutin
Audiophile

ive already got my install worked out thanks to my sponsor and will be putting it all in myself since i do it day in and day out for $$

thanks for mechanical tips
Cleutin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post