Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #31
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Not sure noddy. Might be too early to confirm as I think most is just speculation at this stage. Dealers may have a better idea, You could try XR5 Ford Turbo Forums.
LOL i find that statement funny. No offence Bucky.. but dealers having an idea??

When ford did the press release about the XR4 i rang a few dealers. They kept trying to correct me by saying.. You mean XR5T??? lol... at which point i hung up.

To be honest if you want to know for sure. keep an eye out for press releases and ignore what the dealers say.. ALL LIES I TELL YOU NODDY

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
LOL i find that statement funny. No offence Bucky.. but dealers having an idea??

When ford did the press release about the XR4 i rang a few dealers. They kept trying to correct me by saying.. You mean XR5T??? lol... at which point i hung up.

To be honest if you want to know for sure. keep an eye out for press releases and ignore what the dealers say.. ALL LIES I TELL YOU NODDY
Your right, I should have known better :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #33
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Yeah fair enough fella's, thanks anyway. btw bucky love the new ride. Well maybe not so new now lol, nice exterior mods too.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #34
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Cruise and sunroof.
you can get sunroof aftermarket here so i wouldn't be too concerned on that one.

oh and it's too far away to know if a decision has been made on the 3 door reach AU.
Old 16-11-2007, 08:08 AM   #35
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Double Clutch 6 speed as simmilar to Golf will be a great addition IMO. Thats a seriously good tranny there; more economical and even a bit quicker than the Golf 6 Manuals. Dont know that Id take it for the track but for the street = different story.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #36
opium
XR Experiment

One or two more premium colors to choose from, and stereo controls on the wheel!!
My only wishes!
opium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #37
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It already has stereo controls on the steering column that work perfectly, no need to change that!
Old 19-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #38
opium
XR Experiment

IMO I think wheel mounted controls would be better, as I have had a Territory then a XR6 and I am just used to it!
opium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #39
Rhubarb

Agreed. That audio stalk is a silly design for me. I use the steering wheels controls in my territory but just us the dial on the console in the focus. I find I tend to hit my knee on it a bit too.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #40
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Each to their own I guess. I had my Focus for 4 years and found it much better in that when you've got the steering wheel on lock or turning out of a driveway, the stalk is always in the same spot. I've lost count of the number of times I've wanted to turn the radio down or up when turning out of a carpark or driveway in my XR8 and had to look at the wheel to work out which side the volume was on... I always found the stereo buttons in the column a good solution as they never moved.

Cruise control is different as nobody ever has cruise armed on more than a few degrees of steering lock anyway!

My 2c anyway.