Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-04-2022, 12:44 PM   #1
Action Jackson
Starter Motor

Default Upgrade to ICC Kayhan FG version 4

Greetings, 1st post from Action Jackson, I have a daily driver FG 2012 FPV MK11, manual poverty pack. Thinking of upgrading to Sat NAV, Apple Car Play, DAB radio and have seen the Kayhan Audio system.

Quite a few general reviews on the net, quite a few don't speak highly, many 5 star reviews as well, any members care to advise if they have installed the units from this Brand/company.
Action Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2022, 08:30 PM   #2
EVLKNEVL

Default Re: Upgrade to ICC Kayhan FG version 4

Hey mate, I bit the bullet on the version 4 mk2 unit, in spite of the negative feedback I'd heard about Kayhan and the early units. The unit they sent was defective, the RCA preouts didn't work and the radio app would not close properly so the radio would play over the top of other sources. I had some frustrating calls and chat box conversations with Kayhan trying to diagnose the issues. They begrudgingly sent me a new CANBUS and a section of the loom but they made no difference and i was back on the phone and messenger chasing the issues. Eventually they conceded that the unit was faulty and instructed me to send it back. So I sent the unit back. After 3 weeks of no further responses and not returning my calls and messages I had to threaten to escalate the matter. That got things moving and a few days later I had a new unit arrive. This one seems to work properly and it has plenty of features and customisability once you set up a new launcher (I'm using Smart Launcher 6). I can see why the reviews are so divided for Kayhan units, you could get lucky and have no problems at all, or you could be unlucky enough to need to engage with their concern team which was really rubbish in my experience. And I didn't argue and yell like a moron, I remained professional and clearly explained my issues but they sent me around in circles and sometimes didn't even answer their phone. All said and done I've got a unit that I'm happy with. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
EVLKNEVL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2022, 11:24 PM   #3
jakka351

I have heard that the canbus modules are not spectacular, often sending incorrect messages, mixing functions up. If you are in melbourne I would be interested in pinching some CAN data from your midspeed can network? Can compensate with beer.
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2022, 01:32 PM   #4
Action Jackson
Starter Motor

Thank you EVLKNEVL, I'm thinking that as I don't know what a CANBUS is or a Smart launcher 6 does AND I get ****ty if I don't get a return call on the same day, I'll keep using Google Maps and my IPad running my Spotify road trip playlist via Bluetooth rather than create a pain point that'll cost over a Grand.
Jakka351 I'm in Perth, hope you get some CANBUS Data
Action Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2022, 09:22 PM   #5
EVLKNEVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakka351 View Post
I have heard that the canbus modules are not spectacular, often sending incorrect messages, mixing functions up. If you are in melbourne I would be interested in pinching some CAN data from your midspeed can network? Can compensate with beer.
Getting the data is probably over my head mate, it's just a box with a connector on each end. No idea about the inner workings. All I can point out is that the door adjar indicator would show the incorrect door open on the display, there's a vague instruction in the manual to correct it but I just disabled it after a few tries. The image shows a hatchback to indicate the doors and that bothered me so I didn't spend much time, I just do without it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
EVLKNEVL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2022, 10:13 PM   #6
coo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are lots of posts regarding Kayhan. Just put Kayhan in the search box.

I have one in the Territory. Had lots of issues with it at the start. Seems to be reliable now but hesitate to do any upgrades etc and jeopardize it working. Read the threads in terms of customer support and make your own decision, particularly if you can't go there in person.
coo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post