Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
all4fordau

Default Re Engine mods for P platers

To all P platers, do not forget, Insurance companies will wipe their bums of any P platers that have modified their cars beyond what they consider "reasonable". This means that they will take any reason not to pay up if they consider that you have hidden or not disclosed to them any mods and that is ANY mods done to your car. This will also apply to your CTP or compulsory rego insurance. Any accidents ( and no one drives to stack their pride and joy but hey it happens) even if you are not at fault and they find an undisclosed mod, they will wipe you and you will find yourself in court being done over by a solicitor to recover cost of whatever you hit. BE WARNED IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!

Old 26-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
ayeyew
Teh Baest

^^ What he said

My insurance company knows of my mods

The car is going to be insured under my mrs' name in the very near future.

Just sucks there are no special provisions for P-Plater's past a certain age. Would like to see the statistics of 25 year old+ P-Platers in serious acco's..

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
Old 26-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
^^ What he said

My insurance company knows of my mods

The car is going to be insured under my mrs' name in the very near future.

Just sucks there are no special provisions for P-Plater's past a certain age. Would like to see the statistics of 25 year old+ P-Platers in serious acco's..
The newly implemented P-plate laws in QLD don't apply to P-platers over the age of 25.

If you wish to give money to any insurance company they will more then likely take it, but this doesn't mean you are covered. You can insure your non-factory turbo'd car, but when it comes time to make a claim if it hasn't been engineered you wont get a cent. I'm sure the same applies to P-platers with their modded cars, you might be able to pay insurance, but you wont be covered.
Old 26-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i posted this elsewhere and just thought i'd put it here before the whinging starts

below is a list of the performance mods P platers can have

Get the message. This is done because P platers are disproportionately represented in the road toll statistics. P platers were dying and these laws are there to keep the "bullet proof" young alive. there are many areas where people are restricted until they are skilled up. Would you say it would be reasonable to allow a new pilot to jump into a 747 on his first day solo or should he hone his skills on something smaller first?
A P Plater is actually a learner driver who has been allowed to go solo, they must continue to learn and pass more exams before they are considered to be a full licence holder. This is a point that some don’t get YOU ARE NOT A FULL LICENCE HOLDER, you hold a restricted licence and must comply with the restrictions for the safety of you and the general public
Stop whinging, you'll be able to drive a decent car when you grow up. Until then hone your skills on an average car and be ready when you can upgrade it's only 3 years FFS

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 26-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes he's responding to a locked thread hence the "Re" in the title.

And guess where this thread will end up.
Old 26-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL

such a cool dry wit you have, would have been a lot more effective if you could lock it yourself ay:P

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
Old 26-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL

the bin.

OK LISTEN UP.

as a p-plater one cannot mod their car LEGALLY. PERIOD. END OF STORY. THAT'S THAT.

mod your car you risk being defected and you wont get insurance.

do what you want but DO NOT come crying here when you get defected or stack your car and have no insurance.

simple as that. p-platers take note.