Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
NV_D_XG

Default 2000 xr6 vct sedan price?

im helping a mate buy his AU, and there is one at a dealer with 77,000 km's on the clock, advertised for $11,990, and its bloody immaculate in every way and has been racv checked. I mean this car is in perfect condition with a mint interior. Does it sound suspicious that its so cheap? or is that a normal price? Didnt see how long is left of the rego but it isnt worth much anyways.

what do you guys think??

NV_D_XG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Seems about right for the klm with dealer warranty.

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...s.php?id=56708
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV_D_XG
im helping a mate buy his AU, and there is one at a dealer with 77,000 km's on the clock, advertised for $11,990, and its bloody immaculate in every way and has been racv checked. I mean this car is in perfect condition with a mint interior. Does it sound suspicious that its so cheap? or is that a normal price? Didnt see how long is left of the rego but it isnt worth much anyways.

what do you guys think??
I'd put no faith at all in a RACV check. I had one done when i bought my Territory and it came back all fine. Had it serviced about 3 day after picking it up to find it had a completly stuffed ball joint. Top work RACV money well spent :
JBomb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
ams77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unless they take it to their workshop, their assessment is almost the same as your own if you've been around cars for a while.
ams77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
NV_D_XG

hes going to get it re-checked by a trusted mechanic, so we wil see what happens hey!

It just seems that most private sellers up the price quite a bit in relation to km's.

And most dealers up the price REGARDLESS.

So this one is like a diamond in the rough, and he wants to pocket it :P
NV_D_XG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post