Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 
Default Unloading Complete Stereo Install

I'm moving into another stage of my T3 and am changing direction a little bit so am looking at offloading some of the gear I have and although this should be in the for sale section as an expression of interest, it would be a shame not to put it here in the hub of the AU Owners on this forum.........

So what I am doing is looking at getting rid of my current stereo setup. I am only feeling the water at the moment- if no-one is interested then I will proceed a little later with what it is I am up to :Up_to_som

So the stereo- in an effort to reduce the weight and given it's not something I am into so much anymore, I thought I'd offer it up for sale- although I don't know what it's worth......

Equipment

Eclipse 8454 CD/Mp3/WMA player (2 years old- former Flagship model)
8v preouts x 3, 10 band parametric EQ with microphone for setup. Awesome deck.

Alipne DDDrive front 6.5" 2 way component (splits) with spacers and trimmed surrounds as pictured.

Kicker 5x7" 2 way component (splits) that have been used as rear fill in parcel shelf

Alpine V12 F305 4x50watt 4 channel amp

Kicker DX350 monoblock amp with remote level control

Kicker 12" Solo Baric L7 (square sub) and grill

Lanzar 1.5 farad capacitor

And the best part is it's the wheel well enclosure too- a slot loaded port design that just hammers. The enclosure has a compartment for the amps (if sold complete obviously) It is fully trimmed and a very stealthy/classy setup- probably not one for the show pony's :P I have only just decided on doing this and really dont know what all the gear is worth second hand- I can tell you that I spent over $5k setting it up but hey, it isn't worth that! Just thought the convenience of having something that was basically remove and fit would appeal to some of you guys.

The other thing I can mention is that what I will do with the proceeds will do all you AU owners proud

Just some pics- post or PM if anyone is interested

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is an excellent system guys!! Something i'd very much look into, if i didn't already have my own.

Goodluck with it Jim!

I'm about two-three weeks from installing mine. I'm going to tackle those doors and parcel shelf.

Cheers
Old 13-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
99XR6

Jim can you pm with some prices on the 5 x 7 kickers and V12 amp.
99XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

where'd my post go?

am interested on the 6" fronts in the door trims. and the 5x7's but this guy ^^^^^ is before me now lol
Old 13-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Hey Jim. I would be interested in the front speaker surrounds that have bee covered in leather.

Cheers
Chief

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

I'm going through the stuff today, trying to work out a fair price for it all- I have two sets of the Kicker 5x7" splits as I ran only these with the sub in my last AU.

Thanks LG- it is a great system. I used to play in a band and just love my music- every car I've ever had has has a big stereo in it, and this is no exception. It is very clean and neat and the Eclipse H/U is just sensational. You can measure the "pink noise" with the microphone and compensate for dips and peaks in the frequencies with the parametric EQ by uploading the data from the memory stick- it has sensational SQ and is so clear with the 8v preouts.....

99XR6 and HLC- will let you guys know, get back to you by the end of the day!

Chief, I would prefer to sell everything complete to someone who can just fit everything straight in and not have to worry about trimming anything etc- so everything you see (complete T3 aside) will be included. I could make some up for you though if you want mate- I've had a few people asking for them, same for the H/U surround.........

Let me know if there's any other info you need.........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 13-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #7
99XR6

Jimt3te50, you wouldn't happen t have the part no.s handy for the 5 x 7's.
99XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
XRated
Shoot.

Hey Jim, I'm intrigued with the "next stage" of the T3! I didn't think it could get much better.

Just out of interest, what ballpark figure are you looking to get for the Eclipse headunit? I nearly bought one but they don't have a removable face do they?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 01:19 AM   #9
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XR6
Jimt3te50, you wouldn't happen t have the part no.s handy for the 5 x 7's.
Yeah mate- the splits are Kicker i57.2- they come with a removable bridge with a rotational tweeter housing so you can run it in the one location kind of like a coaxial (if you want to of course)- I ran the 2 pairs like this in my last car behind stock grills and liked the stock look.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 14-11-2006, 01:52 AM   #10
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Hey Jim, I'm intrigued with the "next stage" of the T3! I didn't think it could get much better.

Just out of interest, what ballpark figure are you looking to get for the Eclipse headunit? I nearly bought one but they don't have a removable face do they?
I will sell the lot in one hit or maybe just the boot install, but not the H/U on it's own- otherwise everything else is useless! They are an excellent SQ deck and the fact they don't have a face has never bothered me one bit.....

The next stage could well be as involved as the first one! lol But it is only some items to enhance what I've already done as well as a "signifficant" performance enhancement along with some different modifications to the rear of the car which will aid cosmetically and increase this cars track abilities- it will be one awesome AU over the next 6 months.....

There will be a far more modest stereo going in it's place- I am more keen on getting rid of the boot install than anything else as I can use the front splits and Head unit in our other car (can actually use all the equipment but not the direction I want to take) I still have a crapload of other stereo gear along with the factory Premium Sound system I will sell down the track...............

I have arrived at a price of $2,800 all up- I would be an unreasonable person if I wasn't open to offers........

Eclipse 8454 Head unit (this was $1300 about 18 months ago)
Alpine DDDrive F17B 6.5" splits and door surrounds
Kicker i57.2 splits (2 available)
Kicker 12" L7 SoloBaric subwoofer
Alpine V12 F305 4x50 watt amp
Kicker DX350 monoblock subwoofer amp
Lanzar 1.5 farad capacitor
Wheel well enclosure- fully trimmed and literally remove and refit- keeps your fold down seats and you lose maybe 50mm of boot height BUT you end up with a flat floor! You don't notice the height out of the floor.........

If no-ones interested, it's cool, I'll just hold onto it- it's not like it's in my way in the car! lol

Just another side note- I will price the Warm Charcoal trim tomorrow and see if I can put a price together for the spacers and trims around the speakers- don't mind making a few over Christmas if anyone wants them- they are pretty neat, a nice look I reckon........ Can do the HU ones too, but they are a bit of a PITA........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 14-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #11
lukesghia

how much would u be lookin at for the whole boot install?
lukesghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesghia
how much would u be lookin at for the whole boot install?
well, it's basically everything that's listed minus the H/U and front splits so probably close to $2k mate
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 14-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #13
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey, I'm jsut after the front peaker surounds/trims. in Qld, were can I get them from?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #14
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
hey, I'm jsut after the front peaker surounds/trims. in Qld, were can I get them from?
he made them himself
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #15
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thought as much
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post