Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
matty220

Default water leak in drivers footwell

need help bought the wife a 2008 focus run out, vaccumed the car on the weekend lifted the drivers floormat to find the carpet wet went to ford straight away to be told the air conditioning is draining in to the drivers footwell has any one else had a similar thing happen the car went in to ford 2 weeks ago still waiting for the part seriously not happy need some advice and help,

matty220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
ST170-VICCO
Starter Motor

hmmm I have the mk1 focus and water in the passenger footwell simply meant that they had changed the pollen filter and not re-sealed the little panel at the bottom of the windshield properly.

A way to test would be to dry the carpet and then run a hose over the windshield and see if any water makes it's way onto the footwell.

This was a common problem and there is a bulletin about it for the Mk1.
ST170-VICCO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
BlackLS
yum

The pollen filter was moved inside the car for the LS (Mk2).

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the pollen filter inside on the LT model as well?
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
brad73
Starter Motor

I have the same problem with my 2008. Have taken it into ford twice to be checked out. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and said they haven't heard of any problem like this before. Their opinion is water probably splashed up from the road. Have to be a big splash to soak the carpet right through
brad73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
BlackLS
yum

My theory is that it's running down from the roof rails, and the drainage tube has dislodged. Yes LS onward (LT LV) pollen filter is inside. Access to it from the passenger footwell.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
matty220

ford recons its the airconditioning they claim the factory forgot to put a drain in so the a/c is draining in to the carpet the parts are in after a months wait they are also relacing the cars carpet for me I hope this solves the issue it may also be the answer to the above problem.
matty220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
20focus05
I wanna XR5

I have an 05 LS. I tool mine to ford many a time for this issue.
The Air con drain is on the drivers side of the trans tunnel(yes I know there is no trans in there). It is a black corrogated rubber tube linking to a white 90deg elbow. At first the black hose was not connected to the white one properly.

I then noticed some months later water again. pulled the carpet back everything looked good, but I though what the hell I will SILICON the elbow to the floor to give a better seal as the foam "gasket" looked a bit dodgy and the one way clip that holds the elbow in place was not what I would call the best fitment.

Problem solved NO MORE WATER IN FOOTWELL.

I put up a thread about how to R&R the pollen filter for the LS ages ago.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post