Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
tacticz
I hate Holdens

Default AU XR6 Stereo

kk pulled stock stezza out of car has the 6 stacker under passenger seat, brought a pioneer DEH-P4950MP deck and pocket thing, know im at the point where i don't know what wire is what,

i have had a look at the tech docs in stickies, but i need a simple diagram for wire colours what each wire is and it's colour and it's purpose,

atm i have a two things hanging in my empty bay one white rectangle with lots of wires comming from it and one smaller rectangle white with less wires comming from it ( i sound like a nub cause i am a nub at car stezza's)

HELP!

tacticz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
falzoony
Rockin '67

sounds like its time to go to an auto electritian.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
tacticz
I hate Holdens

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzoony
electritian.
ta mate.
Old 18-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Go to AutoBarn or Super Cheap and an harness adaptor to suit and AU. It will plug into the existing larger plug and have bare wires at the other end. On the package of the adaptor it will list what colour wire does what, then you match that to the wires on your new deck. Easy as, you don't need an electrician.

The smaller plug is for steering wheel controls and factory amp (premium sound) so that one will stay unconnected.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #5
tacticz
I hate Holdens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au2falcons
Go to AutoBarn or Super Cheap and an harness adaptor to suit and AU. It will plug into the existing larger plug and have bare wires at the other end. On the package of the adaptor it will list what colour wire does what, then you match that to the wires on your new deck. Easy as, you don't need an electrician.

The smaller plug is for steering wheel controls and factory amp (premium sound) so that one will stay unconnected.

thanks mate,i will do that so all i need now is a packet of cigarettes a bottle of scotch and sit my at supercheap allnight untill they open first thing in the morning oh a get the wife to call work and say im sick.
Old 18-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Haha....one dedicated AU owner!!!

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #7
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Thats good to know about the premade wiring loom... but what about the pocket? as i found out it isnt DIN sized and I cannot fit a din unit without mods... Any info or suggestions there? as i'd like to run 2 din units (HU and LCD) in there.
Old 18-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

I had a pioneer in mine and i got a plug from auto barn that plugged into the stereo head unit and had a plug on the other end that went straight into the standard ford one... didnt have to cut 1 wire just plugged in. it was about 90 buck but saved a whole lot of trouble

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKAUXR8
I had a pioneer in mine and i got a plug from auto barn that plugged into the stereo head unit and had a plug on the other end that went straight into the standard ford one... didnt have to cut 1 wire just plugged in. it was about 90 buck but saved a whole lot of trouble
$90 :!!!!!!

These looms are made by Aerpro and cost RRP $14.99, I have all of them in stock at the moment at work so I can check what ones you'll need if you give me till the weekend. Yes they do make it very easy to install your own headunit.

RE the DIN pocket, the standard headunit is double din so the DIN pocket will fit (if its not going in, you're doing something wrong), Aerpro now make one to suit AU1 (grey in colour), and AU2/3 (black in colour).
Old 19-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #10
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can go one better aerpro make an AU to iso and an iso to most major brand HUs and you just plug it in
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #11
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
$90 :!!!!!!

These looms are made by Aerpro and cost RRP $14.99, I have all of them in stock at the moment at work so I can check what ones you'll need if you give me till the weekend. Yes they do make it very easy to install your own headunit.

RE the DIN pocket, the standard headunit is double din so the DIN pocket will fit (if its not going in, you're doing something wrong), Aerpro now make one to suit AU1 (grey in colour), and AU2/3 (black in colour).
I'd like to know what they are worth please.

Re the DIN Pocket... I removed the factory pocket and tried to fit a DIN VDO HU into the area to find it not fitting... the lower edges are to round...