Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
AUIIJAGZ
Starter Motor

Unhappy Rear Door Lock Actuator

Hello all. I am new to this forum and I am looking for help with what I gather is a common AU Falcon problem. On the weekend, my 2000 model AUII Forte sedan decided that it would not lock its near side rear door. When the romote is pressed the door lock makes a whirring sound in both lock and unlock mode, but refuses to lock.

A few questions.......I gather the actuator is summarily stuffed? Can I replace it myself relatively easily? Where is best to get a replacement? If I have to take the door apart to remove it, can anyone tell me the procedure for removing the inside trim panel and the unit itself. Anyone know the part number? Any help with this gratefully received. I have only had the car since March and am very happy with it. Cheers AUIIJAGZ

AUIIJAGZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grab a replacement from the wreckers. You will need a set of torx bits to get the old one out. It's an easy fix, the first thing I ever did to an AU.

To remove the trims:
Remove the screws that run on the left, right and bottom of the trim. The bottom may have covers on them.
Remove the interior door handle surround (it just clips out)
Remove the small circular cap that's towards the front of the car, on the trim
Remove 2x 10mm bolts (1 under the handle, the other under the cap)
The trim will just pull off.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #3
OldManGhia

Just did one on y AUI and it is really easy to do. The hardest part was getting the door trim off. Couldn't get a used one here in Coffs but got one from Ford for $185 plus $12 for a new cable because the connection has been "upgraded" since the AU.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
AUIIJAGZ
Starter Motor

Hello Twisted EL and AU98C-Wagon. Thank you so much for that very informative advice...much appreciated. I am confident to tackle the door trim removal now without fear of damaging the trim itself. I'll ring around the wreckers tomorrow. Cheers AUIIJAGZ
AUIIJAGZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post