Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 11:41 AM   #61
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Near New FG X XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji View Post
Thats the whole point, for such a common family man car to embarrass "so called collectibles", It's the great leveller, dream killer. If you think your car is special, yet cannot put a length on an aurion?

Race one and see what happens.

AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
2 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #62
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
[DELETED]
Cool story bro, but it needs more dragons.

My AU XR8 is as slow as a wet week, but I would never consider comparing it to an Aurion. Unsure why you think "pulling a length" is a relevant metric between the two - be it ANY Falcon you might dream to compare.

At what point does this forum reach critical mass Hulk saturation? I'd suggest it's right now.

Oo\===/oO

Last edited by PG2; 09-02-2021 at 05:39 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2021, 01:48 PM   #63
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
I'm not so sure you can compute my point. Sure people are entitled to spend their money where they want, over pay if they want. I'm not trying to insult anyone, save you from over paying, lining other people's pockets.

If your the only person who would pay $90k for the 6 year old xr8, does that make you very intelligent? Holding the bag at the end with no other buyers in sight. Knowing the previous owner paid less than Half for it and is licking their lips at your expense?

My rule when buying a car is unless brand new, the previous owner must have paid more than you. Cars depreciate!!

Can I give you a call next time I sell my car? We can both be very happy. You can overpay 200% and I'll shake your hand in appreciation. Win/win?
As you can see many have followed on to reply re your POV.
Its heartenning to see I'm not alone feeling enough is enough from types as yourself for YOU just don't get it.
You bang on about the $90k FGXXR8 that we ALL know there is 99.99999% buckleys chance this to occur (and as quoted before do you think the DP priced it as such to keep it ?!) in the BIG picture (yet you never never know, I can't fathom people paying peanuts for aurions go figure).....
Also not everyones car purchase is to consider "depreciation" as a factor, feck most wouldn't buy anything if that was the rule every single purchase.
The way you have carried yourself in AFF over the times I wouldn't even consider contacting you let alone a purchase - your the red flag kind of person that should be black banned from the net getting kicks out of being a troll, childish and sic at the same time.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 05-02-2021, 02:25 PM   #64
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The original Hulk got banned for doing the same crap over and over. How come the renamed one doesn't?
4 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2021, 03:05 PM   #65
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s forever been my puzzle about wallies on the Internet. If an adult of sound mind dresses as Superman and robs a bank, that person is jailed IRL. Yet the Internet equivalent is to confiscate the costume and say “job done”.

I don’t mind these high prices for newer Falcons at all. Maybe it will encourage more decent reproduction parts for models on the up. BA front armrests and turbo exhaust manifolds, please! And good ongoing solutions for issues like the FG’s black screen of death, would be nice.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2021, 03:39 PM   #66
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Not just GT's either.
I know a Bloke who recently sold an original unmolested '65 XP Ute for $30k...
You mean our old XW Falcon 500 wagon sold in 1980's for $600 and used to buy a bull bar and towbar for a Mazda E2000 van would if sold today potentially buy me a brand new MG....
4 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #67
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thats the whole point, for such a common family man car to embarrass "so called collectibles", It's the great leveller, dream killer. If you think your car is special, yet cannot put a length on an aurion?

Race one and see what happens.
But Aurions are quite old - what if the Aurion now has more than 150000km? I don't want the Aurion driver to die.

You might want to look at what makes a car collectable, and why someone might get enjoyment from their car - pretty sure neither is based on whether it can beat an Aurion.

Might also then ask yourself why Aurions aren't collectables. And what happens if no one stops when it's Hammertime?
2 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2021, 06:42 PM   #68
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I'm writing with tongue firmly in my cheek to save any misunderstandings....

So how do I go about following your rule and buy any GT Falcon circa 1960's-70's...let alone a HO...

My rule is "all rules have exceptions and if you're not flexible you snap...."
https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...s-soar-128388/
This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #69
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I offer a reasonable point of view and I don't target anyone with my posts.. I am trying to protect you and others from over paying for mediocre performance cars. but a few on here make no decent contribution to the discussion but attack me?

I understand your extra sensitive, being heckled over the years for buying an AU falcon, your always in a defensive stance, but I'm not here to attack you or anyone. So unload your guns and know that not everyone is out to get you.. Cool down friend
Ra Ra Ra the fella that couldnt stop talking about his XR8 being boring and yet YEARS later he still cant stop talking about it........ and any like it .....move on get a life , go join the Aurion forum or are they too boring to have one

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 06-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #70
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I offer a reasonable point of view and I don't target anyone with my posts.. I am trying to protect you and others from over paying for mediocre performance cars. but a few on here make no decent contribution to the discussion but attack me?

I understand your extra sensitive, being heckled over the years for buying an AU falcon, your always in a defensive stance, but I'm not here to attack you or anyone. So unload your guns and know that not everyone is out to get you.. Cool down friend
Stop Trolling!
Old 06-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #71
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm not offended,. I'm not the Oracle but im just saying don't get ripped off. If your the only buyer willing to pay a particular price, either your too intelligent or your not too intelligent.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:05 AM   #72
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool that someone put one away, but that's XR8 Sprint money as someone has already mentioned.

Definitely $15-20k off the mark. But being a dealer, not surprising they'll test that price point.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:15 PM   #73
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

The Emperor XR8 is still there, in case anyone's interested...

And there's a manual XR8 Sprint with only 23km on the clock available too. They're only asking $130k for it in case you think they're asking too much for the XR8. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-7002073/?Cr=0

"Priced to sell quickly" according to the seller

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 06-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #74
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That’s an old car now. New ones are safer, and that also has no warranty. A smart buyer would prefer an Aurion.
A Smart buyer would prefer a WHAT...to an FGX XR8 ??? Is that your idea of a Joke, or do you have a medical problem? LOL
Old 06-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #75
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I bought a 2015 brand new for $53500. That was in the kinetic blue.

That maroon colour was also available at $52500.. noone wanted it as the sprint models were just being released.

I sold mine as I thought it was a boring drive with too much understeer.

At the time there was a white Manuel at $59990... the market was flooded with auto xr8s. Should have bought the manual

I'd buy that car but no warranty and depreciation, I'll give him $45k
Regarding claims of too much understeer on Falcon V8s, I have had 10 V8 Falcons from the XA in the mid 70s to the 2017 Mustang, and hae never experienced this mysterious "boring" phenomenon. I have found that in most cases of complaint it is either simple Wheel Alignment or, most commonly,the Driving Style of the complaining Driver.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:56 PM   #76
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
[DELETED]
I used to lament the poor sound system installed in my XR8 too. And then I turned it off and never turned it on again when I discovered a whole new, much more pleasing sound track

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by PG2; 09-02-2021 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #77
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happy hour at this present moment with car prices soaring. If anyone thinks XR8 or Sprint prices are expensive, take a look at the ridiculous HSV prices on carsales.
Old 07-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #78
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The fgx xr8 had the worst premium sound setup possible.

It had no volume to it at all.

The old premium sound of the E series or b series was way better.

And yes it did understeer real bad
You owned one- which I understand by your posts you say you did? Never discovered the accelerator? That took care of understeer if you know how to drive.

And the understeer only becomes transparent when you push the FGX XR8 towards the edge of the performance envelope, and frankly no way you should be approaching that generally on public roads.

Hell on a track day at Marulan, which is a very tight circuit, understeer was not the problem, the problem was traction control off, getting the power down in a smooth way to avoid oversteer which was the kiss of death to times. Understeer was not an issue.

Agreed with the standard FGX XR8 having no volume. The actual head unit produces good clean amplification with good hz and khz range. Simple fix is to put Mustang amplifier in boot to boost subwoofer, and put in highly sensitive x 4 speakers to replace cardboard crap with good db per 1 watt sensitivities. All up a $500 to $600.00 fix for decent sound.

Really looking for pubic hairs on a gnat eh.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
3 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2021, 01:19 PM   #79
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Imagine being someone that does not do enough research and due diligence when buying a new car that they drop over $50k on a car that they do not like and does not meet their wants and needs; then blaming the car for their purchasing mistake and selling at a loss; then trying to lecture everybody else on purchasing decisions when they have proven they can't even buy a car that meets their own needs let alone the different wants/needs/tastes of those that they are pontificating to.

If you are like me and have always managed to uncover a car's driving and cornering dynamics prior to purchase, you too can confidently ignore any advice Fiji has to offer.

Last edited by Mulva; 07-02-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #80
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I'm not convinced old mate even owned an FG-X.

Oo\===/oO
2 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2021, 02:35 PM   #81
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

1:18 maybe?

https://www.downies.com/ford-fgx-fal...el-car-b18f18a
Old 09-02-2021, 08:30 AM   #82
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And still he reminisces the car that bored him so much

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #83
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

your POV is hardly ever worth considering much at all for your history proves you enjoy being a troller.....
No one needs your so called protection, members attack you because you ask for it and know this.
Not sensitive at all in your last paragraph, I own what I own because I want to don't need to defend my purchase's but I'll stand up to people like you being a troll, others ignore you, there are times I prefer to stand up and say my peace to people like you for your not really here to be part of the members just to offend and think your a smart keyboard player.

Your a broken record just as you did bringing up a point from ESeries LTD that was a top of the line to 2016 XR8 (lol) that we all knew was on a slim budget and all.
All companies for the last 10yrs and more have been cost cutting some more than others as you well know.
Like I said your trolling is a broken record.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2021, 02:22 PM   #84
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
Fiji, what do you currently drive?
Fellow posters mad
6 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2021, 02:42 PM   #85
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Fellow posters mad
I like your humour
3 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2021, 05:16 PM   #86
MercuryT
Banned

Saw a FGX with Chrome strip on back removed.

Looked WAY better imo as worst part of the car imo.

Sounded nice too
Old 09-02-2021, 05:30 PM   #87
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

OK Everyone

The thread is about a very low k FGX XR8 sedan. Let's celebrate it for what it is.

There will be no more talk of the performance of the car.

EDIT: Fiji, you are on your last warning. Don't PM me, you seem to disregard my PMs, if you do PM me, it won't answered. I can confidently say, your ban will be permanent. Your aliases will also be deleted one by one, as you can't help yourself and will eventually show your true colours.

Last edited by PG2; 09-02-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:47 PM   #88
MercuryT
Banned

I haven't been here for a while as unwell.

Still a madhouse it seems! haha
Old 09-02-2021, 09:18 PM   #89
MercuryT
Banned

Whether Ford or Holden who gives a ****?

They are increasing and I think it's bloody fantastic.

All you ****ers saying not fast etc need to grow up and then shut up.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:34 PM   #90
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm not so sure you can compute my point. Sure people are entitled to spend their money where they want, over pay if they want. I'm not trying to insult anyone, save you from over paying, lining other people's pockets.

If your the only person who would pay $90k for the 6 year old xr8, does that make you very intelligent? Holding the bag at the end with no other buyers in sight. Knowing the previous owner paid less than Half for it and is licking their lips at your expense?

My rule when buying a car is unless brand new, the previous owner must have paid more than you. Cars depreciate!!

Can I give you a call next time I sell my car? We can both be very happy. You can overpay 200% and I'll shake your hand in appreciation. Win/win?
bang on
Closed Thread