Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 29-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

Default SC for BA 6

Gday guys

I am looking at supercharging my XT and would like to know what kits are available and what the prices for these are.

Also would I need to upgrade parts of my driveline ie driveshaft?

Cheers

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Your not being ignored champ, Chris is on holiday's and will be back on Monday and will get to this for you.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

No worries thanks mate, it's only an option.

I want to boost the car but I'm just trying to figure out the best way. At the moment buying a second hand XR6T motor seems to be the cheapest, but with that I'm not sure wether it has to be a BA 4spd auto motor (Same as mine) with ECU or can it be a BF auto? Or will that ECU not work in my car.

Cheers

Old 04-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4L
No worries thanks mate, it's only an option.

I want to boost the car but I'm just trying to figure out the best way. At the moment buying a second hand XR6T motor seems to be the cheapest, but with that I'm not sure wether it has to be a BA 4spd auto motor (Same as mine) with ECU or can it be a BF auto? Or will that ECU not work in my car.

Cheers
It'll cost a fortune to run a BF ecu and a ZF 6 speed auto, all the dash looms need to be changed as will the keys and door locks. I also belive the brake master cyclinder is slightly different.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

ok so best option there would be to get a BA motor then... it's sounding a lot cheaper than the charger still

Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
ok so best option there would be to get a BA motor then... it's sounding a lot cheaper than the charger still
A good complete xr6t engine, loom, ecu will owe you the best part of $5ooo+. Then there's other things like exhaust, fitting & a reprogram from ford to match your bem/keys/ecu. Thats just to get a stock engine in, then it's a decision as for mods.

A blower on the other hand would cost $25oo for a head unit, $5ooish for a bracket, idler & blower pulley $1oo, oil lines $15o, Belt $45, pod $1oo, Silicone hose & alloy pipework $25o. Flashtuner $495 + custom tune. Thats just a rough idea
Old 04-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

that sounds a lot cheaper than all the blowers I've seen advertised.

I think the Vortech ones are between 6 and 8 grand.

As for the T engine I was hoping to pick one up for under 4K. I've got the exhaust and the flash tuner will be coming soon.

But at the moment I'm only doing my homework just to see what I'm up for.

Thanks for the help though

Old 04-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
that sounds a lot cheaper than all the blowers I've seen advertised.

I think the Vortech ones are between 6 and 8 grand.

As for the T engine I was hoping to pick one up for under 4K. I've got the exhaust and the flash tuner will be coming soon.

But at the moment I'm only doing my homework just to see what I'm up for.

Thanks for the help though
You can make your own kit for a hell of alot less that what some places charge, give me 8k and i'll make you a custom kit using a procharger.

You wont get a complete engine, loom & ecu for under 5k even with high k's. Look at the ones on ebay and see what they come with : .
Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

hmm ok well maybe that might still be the way to go for me. I only assumed 4k as one of the blokes in the Bseries section bought a motor for 3700.

What brand of blower would you recommend? Also how about internals, would I need to change anything there?

Old 04-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
hmm ok well maybe that might still be the way to go for me. I only assumed 4k as one of the blokes in the Bseries section bought a motor for 3700.

What brand of blower would you recommend? Also how about internals, would I need to change anything there?
Did he get everything with it for $37oo, thats dirt cheap if he did even if it had 2oo,oook's on it.

If price isn't an option a procharger, then vortech/paxton, powerdyne & the rest. The prochargers are more expensive tho but they are a top quality unit. Any of these brands have models that will make more power than your engine would handle. As for the engine it depends how much power you want, i'm honestly not that sure how strong they are.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #11
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

yeah all plumbing exhaust and ECU, not sure on the K's however.

I was keen on the supercharger but I thought they'd be heaps more compared to a T engine swap over.

Unfortunately price is an option so I suppose procharger is out of the question. Would you recommend one of those over the others?

I'll have to find out what else needs to be done to strenthen the internals. All up I really don't want to spend more than 5k but still have plenty of power (looking at hopefully 250 - 300 rwkw).

Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
yeah all plumbing exhaust and ECU, not sure on the K's however.

I was keen on the supercharger but I thought they'd be heaps more compared to a T engine swap over.

Unfortunately price is an option so I suppose procharger is out of the question. Would you recommend one of those over the others?

I'll have to find out what else needs to be done to strenthen the internals. All up I really don't want to spend more than 5k but still have plenty of power (looking at hopefully 250 - 300 rwkw).
Vortech & paxton are one and the same, they just use difference gear case's. Aside from a procharger I wouldn't go with anything else other than a vortech or paxton.

You can do a blower kit for around 5k, i think an engine conversion will cost more and the k's could be an issue. Worst case if you wound the engine a new F6 shortblock is apparently only $25oo.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #13
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

ok no worries. Thank you heaps for the help. I really appreciate it.

Now to find a blower :P

Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #14
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
ok no worries. Thank you heaps for the help. I really appreciate it.

Now to find a blower :P
No dramas mate.

Which sort would you like lol
Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #15
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

probably go Vortech, just gotta find one for the right price. But it won't be going on until next year. Insurance will be cheaper.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #16
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Ive always been interested in the supercharger kits for our cars and i remember speaking to you Leigh about them a while back. The results guys are getting in the states from the 4.0mustangs with the prochargers and vortechs are outstanding.
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #17
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
Ive always been interested in the supercharger kits for our cars and i remember speaking to you Leigh about them a while back. The results guys are getting in the states from the 4.0mustangs with the prochargers and vortechs are outstanding.
Alittle Boost is all you need. Here's a vortech V-7 Ysi next to a Procharger D-2,

Old 07-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #18
YLDTRK
Formerly GTP075

mate, cut your losses, put the BA back to as standard as possible and sell it, then go out and buy an used XR6T most of your mods will fit. even if its gonna be $10k to change over in my opinion its totally worth it both short term and long term, get it flashed and your ready to roll with the decent box and diff there already etc. thats my two cents dude, ive been there and done that and when it comes time to sell people are reluctant to buy cars that have been tricked up and no numbers match.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #19
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLDXR8
mate, cut your losses, put the BA back to as standard as possible and sell it, then go out and buy an used XR6T most of your mods will fit. even if its gonna be $10k to change over in my opinion its totally worth it both short term and long term, get it flashed and your ready to roll with the decent box and diff there already etc. thats my two cents dude, ive been there and done that and when it comes time to sell people are reluctant to buy cars that have been tricked up and no numbers match.
I have considered that option mate. But I've owned this car since new, I know how it's been driven and everything about it. I also want to do something different to everyone else and a blower will do that.

When I go to sell it there's gonna have to be a damn good reason as I'm going to hang onto this car for a long time do the resell doesn't bother me.

Thanks for the opinion though, but I have made up my mind.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #20
Chris
AFF.com.au

Hi buddy,

the above advice is pretty good - as a company owner in this game, when the XR6T is such a tough and proven product, with many people enjoying great results, it would be hard to throw my weight behind anything else.

Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #21
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

hmm I'm definately not going to sell the car... however I may still consider the XR6T motor.

Can you tell me exactly what is involved, what I would need to buy and so forth. I'm just trying to find out which one is the one I want.

I know the XR6T motor has a lot of potential but I don't know what to look for when buying and also don't know what motor I need to buy.

If you could answer some of these questions I'd appreciate it.

btw this project will be going ahead next year around this time so there is still plenty of time.

Old 13-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #22
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

So Chris , any ideas on supercharging my 6.......hmmmmmmmm. :
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I dropped in the other day with Ruger and Gordz as we were in the area. Lets just say there will be some interesting times ahead. Dont want to say anything else about it............but.............MY GOD : : :evil3:
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #24
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
I dropped in the other day with Ruger and Gordz as we were in the area. Lets just say there will be some interesting times ahead. Dont want to say anything else about it............but.............MY GOD : : :evil3:
Do the letters K .... & B...... ring a Belle :evil3: ?????
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #25
sly
Sly like a G6

It's like having a keg in the refrigerator???
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #26
willsace
Finally have a boss again

mate have you looked at the snort turbo kits. www.snortperformance.com maybe they would suit your budget
willsace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #27
BENXR6T

what he said

my mate turbo'd a XT motor with one of them kits. makes 228 rwkw on a 7 psi tune

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
BENXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #28
syko4d

are you still going the supercharged route i want to do the same to many turbos hahahaha

SO FAR
syko4d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post