• Pirelli P Zero
  • Continental Contisportcontact 5P
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 3
  • Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
  • Toyo Proxes T1 Sport
  • Nitto Invo
  • Nexen N Fera SU1
  • Hifly HF805 Challenger
The surprise is that the Dunlop Sport wiped the field, consistently, and by an incredible margin over the Michelins, Pirelli and F1's.

This surprises me as other tests done of the Dunlop Sport by other testers including for instance Evo Tyre Test 2015 have not rated the Dunlop as so outstanding.

Could it be that the specific Dunlop that Motor used, built in Germany, was a good run and an outstanding batch? Just does not add up.

In terms of the cheaper tyres, the Nexen came second last, and in my experience, although it is a significantly better tyre than the OEM Dunflops on the FGX XR8, it is a bit soft and squiggly at the rear end at high speed on corners which is unsettling- if you are wanting to do 180 kph on corners-look elsewhere.

I am already looking for what rubber to replace my rear with, and was almost sold on the incredible results of the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT in the Motor Magazine test, but now looking at other tests I wonder whether specific manufacturing batch runs are in play.

The Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 appear to be a very good tyre, not best, but mixing it with the premium stuff, with not a premium price. Think I may run with a 285/35/19 Hanook at half the price of the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT next.

Has anybody tried the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT real world, and does anyone have any clarification on tyre testing done by Motor when the results are sooo different from other tests of the same tyre type?

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post