Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
KidRod4
Starter Motor

Default TS50 T3 Grille & Lower Grille Mesh with Tickford Logo

Hi, does anybody know if the Inner section of the T3 Top Grille was separate from main bumper mould? (as in a bolt on part) The aftermarket fibreglass bumpers you can buy on Ebay are all one piece but looking at photos of the T3, it appears to be bolt in separate part? If they are separate, does anybody know where the heck I might get one? Also, does anybody know where I can get a T3 lower grille mesh that has the Tickford logo?

KidRod4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Jay.Blanket

Default Re: TS50 T3 Grille & Lower Grille Mesh with Tickford Logo

hey the series 1 bumpers are a 2 part job and series 2 and 3 are one piece.. what are you looking to put it on/with...?

i have an S2 Forte with a havoc top grille and an S1 TS50 Lower Bar. I have no idea where you would find the mesh with the tickford logo on it.. i assume it would be pretty much a rare item..

I got the front bar from Fibresports and got it painted locally http://www.awcinfo.com//secureshop/c...php?cat_id=224

Jay.Blanket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
KidRod4
Starter Motor

Thanks for that info, looks like Im going to have to custom make one myself. Love the front on your car, looks awesome! I have a fibresports front bar also, but for the XR. They call it an XR50 bar. Im trying to do something a bit different, so Ive put the same bonnet on it that you have, but of course the grille doesn't fit in the space that remains. Ill post some pics once I've come up with something.
Old 21-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Jay.Blanket

yeah i saw those xr50 bars. they look really good! and yeah the xrs dont really have that top spot for a grille the way the others do.. good luck with it i hope you work something out and i'll be very interested to see
Jay.Blanket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.Blanket View Post
hey the series 1 bumpers are a 2 part job and series 2 and 3 are one piece.. what are you looking to put it on/with...?

i have an S2 Forte with a havoc top grille and an S1 TS50 Lower Bar. I have no idea where you would find the mesh with the tickford logo on it.. i assume it would be pretty much a rare item..

I got the front bar from Fibresports and got it painted locally http://www.awcinfo.com//secureshop/c...php?cat_id=224

That is actually a T3 lower bar.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

Chazza had some lazer cut for his old T1. You could ask him?

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354739

Post #26.
TE2 #116
Build/Maintenance thread here.
www.fte.ford.com.au lives! 2001 2002
Add a T-series to the Registry HERE
Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRod4 View Post
Hi, does anybody know if the Inner section of the T3 Top Grille was separate from main bumper mould? (as in a bolt on part) The aftermarket fibreglass bumpers you can buy on Ebay are all one piece but looking at photos of the T3, it appears to be bolt in separate part? If they are separate, does anybody know where the heck I might get one? Also, does anybody know where I can get a T3 lower grille mesh that has the Tickford logo?

To answer your question yes the Inner Section of the top T3 Grille is separate from the bar. Lets call it a frame. It is held in by some metal spring clips that are missing in the pics below which is why you can see a gap along the bottom edge (same as the ones that hold T3 sideskirts to the bottom edge of the sill panel).And by two brackets. The metal grill is held to the frame by screws. One of the brackets in the pic has been hand made

Here is a few pics from a car that sustained previous damage (not one of mine)

T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD

Last edited by FTe342; 27-03-2014 at 10:45 PM.
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #8
KidRod4
Starter Motor

Hey thank you for those pics, that really helps! I thought that inner frame section was separate! Any ideas where I might get one? They seem to be pretty rare!