Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
KosCo

Default Re: Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

I can confirm that a map update is available as is now shown on the Ford website --

http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/sat-nav-map

A map update is available.
Part Number: AB3919H449AB
Please contact your Authorised Ford Dealer for pricing information and to order the update.

Cost of this map update is $238.16 - a nice way of Ford adding $200 to the price of your car for those who have purchased their car in the last 12 months and ended up with the previous 3 year old maps.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
black13
born to be mild

I called the dealer i purchased my st from about the update, the service manager told me an update is now available, they told me the car needs to be connected to a cpu & updated, I asked about the cost & he told me it is a warranty recall so my st is booked for this friday for the update.
After booking my car I then called ford au asking about the sat nav update & the person i spoke with told me its a new card plus cpu time.
So it will be interesting the outcome, but going by what i was told by the service manager it should be no cost, i will update the outcome after i pick up the car
black13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
KosCo

Ok - I ordered and received the V4 map upgrade. Naturally, took the old SD card out and put in the new SD card. Result - "Error" - wouldn't look at the new card - can't even turn the entertainment unit on at all without getting an error message.

HELP !!! - has anyone gone through what is involved in getting it to accept the new SD card - can't find anything in the Owners Manual about what to do.

May have to take it into Ford but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.

Thanks
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
xmax
Starter Motor

Turn the stereo on, take the old card out, put new card in, unit will update itself
xmax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
I can confirm that a map update is available as is now shown on the Ford website --

http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/sat-nav-map

A map update is available.
Part Number: AB3919H449AB
Please contact your Authorised Ford Dealer for pricing information and to order the update.

Cost of this map update is $238.16 - a nice way of Ford adding $200 to the price of your car for those who have purchased their car in the last 12 months and ended up with the previous 3 year old maps.
$240 for an update. Is there any way for a customer to do this without the help of Ford? Seems over the top when many mid spec navigators cost that much or below with free updates.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
mutanti
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
$240 for an update. Is there any way for a customer to do this without the help of Ford? Seems over the top when many mid spec navigators cost that much or below with free updates.
I have tried to "Copy "Card with many various Methods and none work.
if It Did I'm Sure if One of us had it we would Share, But Ford have made this extremely hard.
I'm Afraid at this stage its about the only way.
If there was a way in to the System I would Change it to Sygic Navigation or tomtom etc but its Locked and not easy to get in.
For the Cost your better of with a Tomtom Via Ebay for $150 With FREE MAP UPDATES..

I'm Also not happy about this as A new Car should have maps to the Date they were Released for a Minimun.
I am sure a Upload on the ford website would make Ford Owners very happy but that does not make them $$$.
And they will try every way they can to get a Few $$$ of everyone if they can.
$250 Is A Joke.
Had it been $50 then it would not be so Bad and everyone would do it.
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutanti View Post
$250 Is A Joke.
Had it been $50 then it would not be so Bad and everyone would do it.
Yes, $50 would be reasonable.

I said the same thing to TomTom... I have an early 3.5" model that has no free updates and they keep sending me emails to update for between $70 and $99.

2 problems. 1) The unit cost me $99, and I can buy a basic 4.3" unit with life time updates right now for around the same price. 2) Their updates scheme is actually a bundle of 4 updates over 12 months.

Now, if I've been driving around with 4 year old maps without too much issue, why would I then need to get 4 in a year? Had the update been a 1 off fee of $20 for 1 update I would have paid that no problems once a year.

I did send them this by email but they didn't reply.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post