Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Adjusting Headlights

How do I adjust the aim of the headlight (non XR)

Orange knob adjusts up/down but how do I move left/right?

T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

give'em a good kick left or right , that will move them ...lmao ... no no no , jokin , sorry i wouldn't have a clue with the standard au lights , xr lights i might of been able to help ya , someone here will know for sure though ..

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

The best person to talk to is "the dok"
or http://www.theheadlighthospital.com.au
if you do a search on this site for the modified AU headlight thread, you will find his contact details.
There is also an adjustment diagram as well, i can't recall off the top of my head where it is though.
Hope that helps.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'm going off memory here, but I'm 90% sure my Forte lights had 2 adjusters. There should be another smaller dark grey/black knob that moves the reflector in or out (thus moving light left to right).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
str02
99 AU Futura

There is a phillips head screw adjustment for left and right buried down beside the light and accessed thru a hole for the screwdriver. Hole is in the body work, on the outside of the light and close to the front of the light, screwdriver goes in about 10-15 cm at about 20 degrees from vertical. If you get your head own low enough you can see the screw on the left side light, battery gets in the way on right. Let me know if you need a pic. From memory clockwise is adjust to right and a lot of turns need to make noticeable difference