Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
M4CO

Default Got an AU!

I ended up saving this 2000 AU1 Ford Falcon from going to the scrap. It was having a overheating issue, coolant leak and intermittent no start. Turns out the overheating was due to the cooling fans being unplugged. The coolant leak form a loose radiator drain bung and the intermittent start has something to do with the automatic gear selector, if you slide it through the gears and give it a little shove into P it starts right up

I'm thinking of selling it, It is in reasonable condition with 260k on the clock...still runs nice and smooth. It does have hail damage here and there as well as the clear peeling at the rear on the quarter, bumper and bootlid. Other than that I don't see why it wouldn't pass a roadworthy inspection. The tyres are at ~80% and it has a new radiator (might have been why the bung to drain it was leaking?)

Would asking $1500 be too much? Selling it unregistered and without a RWC

Some pics...

Old 07-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
SantoAU
Defender of the faith

Default Re: Got an AU!

Keep it as a daily imo

They just get reinvented.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
peterljohnson55

Nice looking ride. Cleaned up well. Nice colour. Good for you to do get it working with basic repairs - just goes to show 'big' problems for some aint so big for others.

I have/have had same problem with mine starting. Happened after an auto recon. Dint bother about it. Happens more in winter than summer. I can shuffle gear stick about and that helps, or move to neutral for start. Easiest for me is just to push the stick firmly forward when in park. Doesn't happen much now.

Seems too cheap, check out used car market. You could get a few hundred more.
-------- Preventative Maintenance Policy --------
Old 07-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Ah, regency red, arguably the best AU colour.

The part which prevents starting in a gear other than N or P is the inhibitor switch. They are white, cheap, and external on the passenger's side of the automatic transmission. Just a couple of screws and a plug from memory.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #5
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If you selling it put it in the for sale section If your on a fishing trip try ebay no reg, no rwc, hail damage, 260klm.. on 13 year old falcons are worth little or what ever you can get,

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Closed Thread