Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
OzriderXR8

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

I've only just spotted this thread so forgive me if this has been discussed.

Guys at work were all on a low carb high fat diet and all raved about it, I thought it was a crock. Anyway, I come back from leave after Xmas and a guy I work with had lost 10kgs on this same ridiculous diet. He was like me, tried every diet under the sun, loads of excersise etc and just yoyo'd.

So I thought I'd give it a go.....I've lost 14kg, interestingly from my arms, legs and neck first which had never happened before. My Kelvlar bike pants look like baggy op-shop pants and my belt needs 8 inches cut off it.

I cut out all sugar, bread, pasta rice etc. I eat fried mushrooms, bacon and eggs for breakfast, I eat half a chicken or a kebab without the bread or similar for lunch, dinner is steak and vegies etc.

I call it the anti diet as it goes against everything I have ever thought was a perfect diet. Apparently it doesn't work for everyone but it has sure worked for me.

NB. I'm a short and stocky type, I have done a lot of weights etc over the years so have always been heavy. I have been under 100kgs once since I was 16.

AUII XR8 200KW
FG MK2 XR6
Mini 850
Rover P5 3 Litre Mk1
OzriderXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #2
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzriderXR8 View Post
I've only just spotted this thread so forgive me if this has been discussed.

Guys at work were all on a low carb high fat diet and all raved about it, I thought it was a crock. Anyway, I come back from leave after Xmas and a guy I work with had lost 10kgs on this same ridiculous diet. He was like me, tried every diet under the sun, loads of excersise etc and just yoyo'd.

So I thought I'd give it a go.....I've lost 14kg, interestingly from my arms, legs and neck first which had never happened before. My Kelvlar bike pants look like baggy op-shop pants and my belt needs 8 inches cut off it.

I cut out all sugar, bread, pasta rice etc. I eat fried mushrooms, bacon and eggs for breakfast, I eat half a chicken or a kebab without the bread or similar for lunch, dinner is steak and vegies etc.

I call it the anti diet as it goes against everything I have ever thought was a perfect diet. Apparently it doesn't work for everyone but it has sure worked for me.

NB. I'm a short and stocky type, I have done a lot of weights etc over the years so have always been heavy. I have been under 100kgs once since I was 16.
Nice. Yes, high protein/fats are the way to go if you ask me. It still all comes down to calories in vs calories out but you will find most high carb and or calorie dense foods are refined foods.

Meat and veg, eggs bacon and mushrooms etc. I did my first weight cut down to about 12% bf was mainly eggs meat rice and veg. But I also watched my calories and approx 50% protein 30% fats 20% carbs

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking at dropping a few more kg's before the end of the year, but very time poor at the moment and equipment poor with most of my gym equipment stored away and closest gym being 180km return trip.

At this time I also have too many other commitments to allocate a lot of time to training. I do realise that eating well does not take any longer, but I also want to train and maintain muscle mass, as I don't want to end up being weak due to not maintaining muscle and strength.

So have decided to do the following till I get my gym build.

Basic weight workout full body routine 3 times a week (Mon/Wed/Fri), workout takes about 30-45 minutes three time a week, and is done at home using a basic bench and a squat rack.

On Tue and Thur will be doing various functional conditioning sessions, using various props and exercises, ranging from farmers walks, sprint sessions, rower, cycling, sand bag carries, etc etc. for 15-30 minutes.

So I did some 'Sand Bag Carries' the other day using these:

20kg and 25kg, not a bad weight, was doing 50 metre carries with short rest breaks between carries, repeated till I was exhausted, great way for some conditioning and functional strength training. I felt every muscle fibre in my body the following few days.

Will see how that goes, diet consists of eating wholesome foods and minimising processed take away type stuff.

As time goes along I will probably drop the carbs slowly.

As I mentioned somewhere before we need protein and fat, we don't need carbs.

So planning to eat my fill of protein and fats and then carbs are there for entertainment purposes only

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post