Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-11-2007, 11:53 PM   #181
stiddy
Banned

Just get a stud girdle to keep things square down there. And make sure you get a catch can or oil breather, stop the crank case from pressurising.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #182
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

What about the AU auto? Definately strengthen it?

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #183
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

What's the difference between the standard AU auto and the one in something like a T3 or Pursuit ute?
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #184
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

I emailed them the other day and asked about price, installation at places other than queensland, how long till it was ready and a bunch of other important questions and their reply was

"Were just finalising the tuning then we will be happy to put a kit together for you"

Diagnosis? Its not coming any time soon because they have been "finalising" the tuning for 6 months, its gonna cost a fortune because they wouldn't even give a ballpark price and I don't even know about installation in other states or postage of kit or what chip / engine management their using.

I dunno, it sounds a bit crap to me, if they knew what they were doing you would assume it would have been on the market months ago and all the info should be readily available. So far all we really know for sure is that its a belt driven turbo from the pics.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #185
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I don't know when your 'other day was', but I an got email directly from them saying the dyno tuning was done, and what the output was.

Ask any of the other aftermarket makers of kits - like Chris and his Bluepower kit for the Boss motors - these things take time to do properly.

Ballpark prices have been quoted already.
Old 23-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #186
sly
Sly like a G6

The website was updated 19/11 - last Monday - with power figures and the inclusion of XR6T injectors as previously posted. I've been in touch with Tim over the last couple of days, he seems to have a lot on his plate. Last email from him says:
Quote:
The Newcastle girl got on just fine, you would need to be a EASTCOASTUTES member to see all of this, here is a link http://www.eastcoastutes.com/showthr...7133#post17133 All up and going well.

Kits are dead easy to fit, even simpler than the Holden V6 kits like the girl fitted.

Haven’t sorted the price yet but can look into it if you keep on my back lol.

Can you wait till mid Jan?

All you will need is a highly efficient exhaust system and even more power will be gained
The reference to the girl is to do with his enquiry of me about a workshop in Newcastle that could fit one of his kits to a VY ute belonging to a female customer.

She fitted it herself.

Sprjenkins, these things don't happen overnight. Raptor have developed a range of kits for various model (cough)-odores, BA Falcons and other cars, their superchargers are used in the USA on Porsche 928's and Ferrari's. If you want more info, check out the Raptor website or http://www.928motorsports.com/superchargers.html. One member posted earlier, he was told indicative pricing for tuned kits was $4995.

OTOH given the price CAPA are putting on their sealed Vortech kits for V6 Commodores (which are competing against popular and well-regarded kits from Raptor), there mightn't end up being much price difference between the Raptor and CAPA sealed Vortech kits for E-series/AU. They'll probably be GA about the same time too.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #187
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

so if i was to install this kit myself do i then 'HAVE' to take it to someone to be tuned??
sorry i dont k now much about tuning and the like. If it comes with the generic flash tune is this all i would need after the bolt on, then drive away??!
Old 30-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #188
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Yes, but the generic tune will make assumptions and compromises, a custom tuned will get you an even better result.
Old 30-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #189
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

So looking by the thread, the flash tuner is the way to go?
I didnt know it could muck around with boost and that??
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #190
stiddy
Banned

Yes the edit (flash tuner) is the way to go. See below:

The edit is really made up of two parts.
First part is a database of memory locations for all the functions, scalars, and tables that contain calibration information in your EEC "catch code"
"catch code" is what defines the EEC "model" that you have
Second part is the guy that lets you modify the data in these tables.
scalars are fixed/constant values like rpm limit, speed limit, idle speed, diff ratio, tyre size.....
tables are almost all 2D and are basically your ignition and fuel maps also things like auto shift-point maps and converter lock-up maps for slug-o-matic guys.
functions are 1D tables that describe the relationship between sensor voltage and actual measure.
so the edit just lets you access and modify/change all these parts of the stock EEC but you are still bound by the limitations of the EEC.
like if your "catch code" doesn't include the code for switching on/off VCT, then it never will...edit can't change that sort of stuff
the edit is just the tool that lets you recalibrate the stock EEC strategy.
the factory MAP sensor only has a range of 1-bar, and most of that range is used to measure vacuum but you can replace it with a 3-bar MAP sensor and then re-scale the load tables to suit.. with the SCT-based edit, you can change the data in the tables as well as the values on the tables X and Y axis... just need a 2 or 3-bar map sensor and the edit..

http://nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=94617
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group...ation/CRAI8.zip
Old 30-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #191
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Cheers, but umm Stiddy, were you speaking Japanese right now? haha

so the kit is perfect though for someone who just wants the car to go a bit faster, i'm not lookin to put the thing on the track. just lookin for a quicker car around town. Cheers Gents.
Old 30-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #192
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

So the kit of perfect for you, and that's all the matters.
Old 30-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #193
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

is it 'necessary' to run the pod filter or can i leave my K&N installed?
Old 30-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #194
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pod would be required, don't think there would be room to keep the stock air box
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #195
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
the factory MAP sensor only has a range of 1-bar, and most of that range is used to measure vacuum but you can replace it with a 3-bar MAP sensor and then re-scale the load tables to suit.. with the SCT-based edit, you can change the data in the tables as well as the values on the tables X and Y axis... just need a 2 or 3-bar map sensor and the edit...
I like the way you think. Can't wait to get my hands on a Sniper...

Do you know if a TMAP from a BA XR6T suits the AU? I read somewhere that some MAP sensors are incompatible with the EEC. IIRC some (like Delco) are analogue and EEC requires digital input?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #196
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Do you know if a TMAP from a BA XR6T suits the AU? I read somewhere that some MAP sensors are incompatible with the EEC. IIRC some (like Delco) are analogue and EEC requires digital input?
I believe the B-Series (and commonly available GM MAP sensors) are analogue, while the AU MAP uses a frequency signal.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #197
JoesAu

sent them an email the other day got a reply today, he hasnt got a standard kit price, he basically said tell me what you need and i will quote it accordingly, so im looking at what i might need and see what the price will be
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #198
JoesAu

also, they are only going to have 1 supercharger available for 6CYCL Au, he said if i wanna run higher boost than they will custom make a pulley for me, im considering this kit at the moment, im llooking for much higher than 197rwkw too.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #199
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
I believe the B-Series (and commonly available GM MAP sensors) are analogue, while the AU MAP uses a frequency signal.
As replied in more detail elsewhere, the AU doesn't use a separate frequency-signalling MAP sensor. The AU's combined TMAP signals vacuum (MAP) by voltage and temperature by resistance.

Zoom magazine (Forced Induction Handbook) reckoned that the XR6T's TMAP is a 2-bar version of the AU's sensor.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #200
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
As replied in more detail elsewhere, the AU doesn't use a separate frequency-signalling MAP sensor. The AU's combined TMAP signals vacuum (MAP) by voltage and temperature by resistance.
Thats great news for AU I6 owners that want to add some boost

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #201
sly
Sly like a G6

Amen brother.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:49 AM   #202
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This kit looks tastyer and tastyer hehe! Whats the operating life of one of that type of blower tho?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #203
JoesAu

im fairly shore that type of blower last ages, plus its warranted. More info, with a 3inch piping and cooler he reckons i culd get at least 250rwkw, so they must b pretty good.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #204
stiddy
Banned

Last I heard, a service every 50,000k's would be good insurance to make one of these things last. So every 2 years or so.. give or take.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #205
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Still patiently waiting..

I'm getting so impatient i am thinking of spending 5k on going NA

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #206
JoesAu

there kits are ready to go for an Au. they wont be doing anymore developement in another kit he pretty much said
Old 08-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #207
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in another kit?? what other kit would they be doing?? just like a better equiped one or somthing??

i wonder how hard a water to air intercooler would be to fit to these kits
as then it would shorten pipe work and keep it cool
Old 08-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #208
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I have a dyno sheet for the kit they fitted a VCT XR6, but it was sent to my work email so I'll post it on Monday.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #209
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ill stick it up Death351 they sent it to me today
if its the comparison one
Old 08-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #210
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore