Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How we can help the Falcon

Warning: Lamest FordForums thread ever!

Some of us might not be in the financial position to buy a new Falcon, but I think there are little things we can do to help. Here are just some suggestions.

Post a positive article or review about the Falcon on your Facebook page. If 300 members do it and about 80 friends see the title or read the article, we have made a positive impression on 24,000 people!

Write to your member of parliament and premier in each state, insisting they buy Australian more - this could really help Falcon, Territory and Falcon ute. Make them take notice that some people see this as an issue.

When you rent a car, upsize to the Falcon or ask for a Falcon when booking. This will cause more agencies to buy Falcons or get the kms up making them change them over more often.

If you have access to a fleet or pool vehicle, always take the Falcon. Most fleets changeover vehicles at a km limit. The more km you put on the Falcon the more they need to change them over and the less they will change over the other cars.

Join the fleet committee or suggest the Falcon to fleet buyers at work. Many are not car enthusiasts and some wouldnt realise that a LPG Falcon is cheaper to run than a Prius. At my work I was instrumental in having my work decide to replace over 90 Hiluxes nationwide with LPG RTVs, which unfortunately nver materialised as Ford didnt make the RTV with the introduction of FG but still it shows the difference we can make.

Bring brohures into work, I work mainly from home but last time in the office I left FG brochures in the tea room they have been flicked through at least a few dozen times. It just helps raise awareness and even if they dont buy a car - someone they know might be.

Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: How we can help the Falcon

I have one idea.

I have noticed that recently anything negative about Falcon gets posted here and then 90% of the responses here feed the negativity, how about we be a bit positive.

Sometimes I wonder if we are Falcon's own worst enemy.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I quite frequently link up good news stories about Ford/Falcon on FB. I also try and encourage people to atleast take a falcon for a test drive when looking for a new car.

Writing to parliament is not such a bad thing, but I would hope someone in Ford is actually responsible for following things like that up.

Every little bit helps.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it`s not a lame thread at all , our local products don`t get the credit they deserve imo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I think it is a great thread, a good opportunity to bring in some sunshine to all the doom and gloom.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I think all of the threads about doom and gloom can either be bundled in one or just left until they get close to making a decision...I mean its still 4 years away!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I'd like to see many here put their money where their mouth is and actually buy a NEW Falcon.
I am referring to the people who are so adamant about supporting the Falcon and put down others who buy anything but; yet they're the ones waiting for Falcons to hit the second hand market.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spot on Wretched. I helped Ford by buying a new Falcon in December, but sadly it will be my last aussie car from this company. Poor build quality and materials have made the decision for me.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen

When you rent a car, upsize to the Falcon or ask for a Falcon when booking. This will cause more agencies to buy Falcons or get the kms up making them change them over more often.
I've always done this anyway.

I also use Hertz (do Ford still own Hertz?) and get the Ford Corporate discount.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I like all your suggestions Brazen. Another that I frequently do is follow all the automotive pages like Wheels, Drive.com.au etc. on Facebook. Whenever they have a post that is of relevance to Ford, I make sure I comment in the most positive way possible. Every little bit helps.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Majestic

should a vehicles existance really have to rely on ford fans to push their opinions on other people to survive? A good product will always sell itself IMO
Old 03-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Ford are their own worst enemy - by making cars previously that we love and enjoy so much...

Why would I want to go and buy a new car when the old ones i've got still fit the bill, still don't miss a beat, and still make me smile everytime I drive them??

They need things like the EcoBoost, the Diesel Territory, and the other models, to appeal to new buyers that haven't experienced the Ford experience...

Have you Driven YOUR Ford Lately?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMHO

Every Post give it a positive slant

Become active on other forums with a positive Falcon outlook

Counteract the press, provide Ford free advertising (they seem too stupid to know they have the best product for the Australian market)

Especially on this forum (OP included).
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
I have one idea.

I have noticed that recently anything negative about Falcon gets posted here and then 90% of the responses here feed the negativity, how about we be a bit positive.

Sometimes I wonder if we are Falcon's own worst enemy.
Maybe its time the mods started to remove the whingers who only come onto AFF to spread doom and gloom and post negative post after negative post.

There's a few here who would give Paul Gover a run for his money I reckon, because they bought a Falcon 10 years ago and it had a few problems, or their neighbours, cousins, boyfriend bought a BA and had a problem with it, so all Falcons must be junk
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Maybe its time the mods started to remove the whingers who only come onto AFF to spread doom and gloom and post negative post after negative post.

There's a few here who would give Paul Gover a run for his money I reckon, because they bought a Falcon 10 years ago and it had a few problems, or their neighbours, cousins, boyfriend bought a BA and had a problem with it, so all Falcons must be junk
I suggested this and my thread was closed.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
I suggested this and my thread was closed.
Some people will try to say that people have a right to an opinion, but when their only opinion is to bag Ford/Falcon at every opportunity time after time after time, surely there must be a point when the mods can say enough.

Especially when they do it to get a reaction.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well realistically your only option is to buy a NEW Falcon or service your OLD one at a dealer. All well and good to have an opinion but unless you're putting down the money Ford probably don't care.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its really up to ford to advertize their own products
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
nstg8a

even if you cant afford a new falcon, a second hand one is still a good thing... think about it, who would buy a new one if there was noone buying second hand ones.
think resale is brutal now, imagine if there was no market for that 2-3 year old car.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #20
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconnut
Its really up to ford to advertize their own products
They do advertise them - but it would appear they have given up advertising Falcons on TV (except 2011 build date sales). I'm sure they would advertise Falcons if they thought it would lead to more sales.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
Rico 110s
Falcon follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Warning: Lamest FordForums thread ever!

Join the fleet committee or suggest the Falcon to fleet buyers at work. Many are not car enthusiasts and some wouldnt realise that a LPG Falcon is cheaper to run than a Prius. At my work I was instrumental in having my work decide to replace over 90 Hiluxes nationwide with LPG RTVs, which unfortunately nver materialised as Ford didnt make the RTV with the introduction of FG but still it shows the difference we can make.

Bring brohures into work, I work mainly from home but last time in the office I left FG brochures in the tea room they have been flicked through at least a few dozen times. It just helps raise awareness and even if they dont buy a car - someone they know might be.
Funny how you write that we need to ask for a falcon when ordering your renter, every time I try to get a renter Falcon they tell me there are none available and get stuck with anything other than what I want.
And it would not hurt for Ford to do another RTV as I know alot of people that like the concept but dont really need a proper 4wd.
If they did sales would be improved.

Last edited by Rico 110s; 03-02-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Rico 110s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #22
.FoMoCo.

I would like to see this myth that falcons and ford in general have poor build quality, bad QC, bad materials, and other such garbage to be put to bed once and for all.
Is there any basis for these negative claims? All brands have problems with failures. Every single one of them.
How can we convince these doom and gloom peddlers that FOA is no worse than their competitors?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #23
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by .FoMoCo.
I would like to see this myth that falcons and ford in general have poor build quality, bad QC, bad materials, and other such garbage to be put to bed once and for all.
Is there any basis for these negative claims? All brands have problems with failures. Every single one of them.
How can we convince these doom and gloom peddlers that FOA is no worse than their competitors?
ummm, driven a modern japanese car lately? or a euro? theres no doubt falcon (and commodore) arent quite as well finished as other brands.

i love my fg, but there is definietly some dodgy areas to them.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Did my bit for the Falcon in October 2010 when I took delivery of a new FG XR50.

Still love sitting in and driving it over 28,500km later. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the car yet. Very happy with it. Only the hail storm at Xmas that was beyond Fords control.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #25
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy
They do advertise them - but it would appear they have given up advertising Falcons on TV (except 2011 build date sales). I'm sure they would advertise Falcons if they thought it would lead to more sales.
I am sorry but when FoA cant even be bothered advertizing on TV and grumble about record low sales i really couldnt care.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #26
nstg8a

but who spends 30-40k based on a tv ad?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Competition...
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .FoMoCo.
My commodore is screwed togther much better than my wife's Territory, my neighbour's Hyundai is better than my Commodore.

Neither the commodore or or Hyundai have rust - the Territory has lots.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #29
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
They need to advertise that they have the new MKII on sale now, i'm sure 90% of the population would be unaware Ford even have a new Falcon out.

Surely that is common sense that you need to advertise the availability of your new product.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #30
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a

somebody must - otherwise all the manufactures who sell thousands of cars every month wouldn't bother advertising