Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #61
XRchic
Hello

I actually dont find the Territory to be of any less quality than anything else in its class relative to price. In fact, I thought it was good value for money and I know people who agree. My Aunt has a Porsche Cayenne (not sure which variety but it was very expensive, I think it is a V8) and it was not as quality as I would have expected.... her hubby doesnt like it and went and bought an SS Crewman for himself for a bucketload less money and much prefers it. Said he would have bought an XR8 but he wanted the crew cab for their son.

I would happily buy an FPV Territory. I think it would be a very comfortable and powerful car for the money with quality expected for the price. Im not sure why anyone thinks it should be under $80K, as the TTG on the road wouldnt leave you with much change out of $70K, would it???

If I was going to spend $90K on a car, I would get one. We are currently looking at purchasing a TTG sometime in the next year, but I will wait for the FPV version. No doubt!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #62
WASP
Whipple Induced

I also like the idea of the FPV Territory, also it would propably serve to highlight what good value the Turbo or Turbo Ghia versions actually are. I'd still seek out the FPV version however if for nothing else but the better resale value.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #63
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I also like the idea of the FPV Territory, also it would propably serve to highlight what good value the Turbo or Turbo Ghia versions actually are. I'd still seek out the FPV version however if for nothing else but the better resale value.
Agreed & agreed.
I was up at FPR/R yesterday buying some gear and they have a FPVGT40 and a Silhouette Force8 on display..phwoar - yeah they could use more go and use less juice but - phwoar. Subtle sleek sporty and classy but no suit and tie required.
1 x Seduce FPV T6 Territory with Force Seats in Warm charcoal with the red leather seat panels and titanium alloys, please
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #64
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh, dual exhausts and a nice little dash clock (ICC even) please.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #65
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU-MUSTD
There and everywhere. There are alot of great about tezza's but build quality isnt one. Just check out the tailgate alignment that still comes crooked from factory( as noted by me at the last motor show) which my father had on two of his previuos tezza's 3 years ago.

You only hear problems from the people that complain though ... the owners that don't have issues don't pipe up as much as complainers.

In the last 3 years of ownership of my Territory ... I have nothing but praise for it .... and there are no quality control issues with it .... build quality is excellent. The vehicle has performed above and beyond what I have expected and still surprises me.

It's the select few (out of the 2500 per month owners) that will complain about the issues they have .... they wouldn't only be about 0.5% of the owners that actually have issues out there.

As mentioned ... if it was such a major issue with build quality ... why do people still buy them in droves ... other models that have know major issues ... just don't sell.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post