Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #271
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I had a quick look at my front right tyre as I had it on full lock while parked, I noticed the very outside tread wear indicator is level with the tread, car has 15,000km on it.

Also with camber kit for the lowering springs, do I need front AND rear camber kits?
1. Have you rotated the tyres?

2. Only a rear camber kit.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #272
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
1. Have you rotated the tyres?

2. Only a rear camber kit.
1. No, not yet, I should probably do that, I'll bring my impact gun home on Monday.

2. Thanks

My springs, cold air intake and floor mats have been ordered in by Sascha at EP, how long did you guys find it takes to arrive in Australia?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #273
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 weeks for me (whatever the cheapest option was), but someone else said theirs took 7...

Old 16-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #274
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

It seems shipping takes a lot longer from countries around Europe than it does from America.
Old 16-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #275
ConradP

Quote:
It seems shipping takes a lot longer from countries around Europe than it does from America.
I ordered both my springs and strut bar at the same time and the springs came within 4-5 weeks and the strut 2 weeks later.
Old 16-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #276
frozen xr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
Like I said they are all illegal unless I have washers for my headlamps, also I'd only go the 4300k heat HID's because anything higher gives that blue look, and I just don't want that.
ilegal yes but with projectors you wont have a problem if they are adjusted properlly. i have had hids in my previous 3 cars (mazda astina projector headlights, jdm legacy (they where factory hids in reflector lens), xr5 fitted with factory projector headlights with no washers or height adjustment. i have 4300k in my rs and i can tell you they are as yellow as halogens. if you want pure white you need to be in the 5000 to 6000k range.
Old 16-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #277
frozen xr5

Quote:
depends if they are in stock and what level of postage they use. i got my springs from jw racing in 6 days. i also ordered some springs from european parts and they took 7 weeks...
Old 16-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #278
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I looked at my front tyres, both of them are on the wear indicators on the very outside and very inside indicators, but the center of the tread is fine?
Old 16-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #279
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen xr5
depends if they are in stock and what level of postage they use. i got my springs from jw racing in 6 days. i also ordered some springs from european parts and they took 7 weeks...
This is true as well, I said my springs and strut took some time, but when I ordered my rims from ford-parts I got them within 5 days.
Old 16-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #280
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
I looked at my front tyres, both of them are on the wear indicators on the very outside and very inside indicators, but the center of the tread is fine?
That would usually indicate underinflation, what PSI are you running them at ?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #281
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
That would usually indicate underinflation, what PSI are you running them at ?
38-40 PSI, but from the local petrol station pressure guage.
Old 16-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #282
rand0mn00b

yes sounds like under-inflation

have you changed your tyres/wheels to a different size? this can affect it

i find that the recommended pressures from the manual are way under optimal

also make sure you are measuring your tyre pressures from cold
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #283
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mn00b
yes sounds like under-inflation

have you changed your tyres/wheels to a different size? this can affect it

i find that the recommended pressures from the manual are way under optimal

also make sure you are measuring your tyre pressures from cold
Nope, factory stuff, the car has just over 15,000km on the clock and done its first service.

The petrol station is about 2.5km away from home, I go there to do it because i dont have an air compressor.

I know one was sitting on 22 psi recently when i checked because I had a puncture but that was a rear tyre, so I got that fixed up quickly.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #284
rand0mn00b

well on FWD cars the front tyres will wear quicker, even more so on the front heavy diesel. did they rotate the tyres at the last service?

let's assume that the gauge at your local servo is off (but at least you have a consistently off benchmark from which to measure - I personally carry a gauge in my car but then again I also have an air compressor at home)

try increasing the pressures. the front should be 2-3 more than the rears unless you are towing or constantly carrying heavy loads in the boot

this might sound funny but whenever I inflated my tyres to the recommended pressures they just 'looked' under-inflated to me when viewing my car side on. as in the bottom of the tyres didn't seem to cope with the weight of the car so i inflated them (within max pressures specified on the tyre sidewall) until they looked better and then measured it on my gauge.

I experimented a few times to achieve a balance between ride comfort and wear which has since then yielded more even tyre wear. this method is far from scientific however :p
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #285
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Seen as this is someones build thread can we keep the off topic chat out please.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #286
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to bore anyone further with my intake... but I found a product called "Tommy Tape" at that well known automotive store, Bunnings. It's a silicone-based tape good for up to 200C, takes 24 hours to take its final form, and can stretch up to 3 times its length, so you can make adjustments before everything's set in place. I was able to get more flex and point my velocity stack more to the front, although now the Ford badge might be a problem.

Anyway, the stuff looks pretty good, and could be something worth sticking in your glovebox as an emergency fix for hoses etc.

Old 26-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #287
ConradP

Alright, got bored, like 5 mins ago and decided to debadge the rear, so here it is I washed it on sunday so it's not perfectly clean butt still nice.

Old 26-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #288
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

You need a RHS reverse light... oh wait so do i

Looking good.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 26-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #289
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83

Looking good.
You mean this?

http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/ext...fog-light.html

Ordered it already ;)
Old 26-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #290
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yep thats it.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 27-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #291
ConradP

Quick question, does anyone know if it's possible to get to the ecu without pulling the car apart? I ask because europarts has another flashing device that's just been put on the site, and I've emailed asking if they know if it will work with a 2010(it states 1996-2011) I got the reply of them asking if I could get the details from the sticker on my ecu to tell me if it will work.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...oducts_id=1265
this is the new item, works through your iphone o.O
Old 27-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #292
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Quick question, does anyone know if it's possible to get to the ecu without pulling the car apart? I ask because europarts has another flashing device that's just been put on the site, and I've emailed asking if they know if it will work with a 2010(it states 1996-2011) I got the reply of them asking if I could get the details from the sticker on my ecu to tell me if it will work.

Pretty sure you'll find it's tucked away under the dash behind the glovebox. I'm not too sure how difficult it will be to get numbers from it
Old 27-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #293
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83

Looking good.
He needs to get rid of the advertisement on the numberplate as well. I'd much rather advertise the car's model & make than some dealer...

Old 28-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #294
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
He needs to get rid of the advertisement on the numberplate as well. I'd much rather advertise the car's model & make than some dealer...
Strapp ford's good though :P
Old 29-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #295
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:

Quote:
Pretty sure you'll find it's tucked away under the dash behind the glovebox. I'm not too sure how difficult it will be to get numbers from it
The fuse box is located behind the glove box.

What you want is the sticker on the PCM - which is located in the engine bay, on the LS, it is in the back left-hand corner of the engine bay - and its a royal PITA to get to.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #296
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
The fuse box is located behind the glove box.

What you want is the sticker on the PCM - which is located in the engine bay, on the LS, it is in the back left-hand corner of the engine bay - and its a royal PITA to get to.
I'm sure you'll find it's under the dash in the cabin in the LV models, I had a guy from Superchips (Peter) try to do a read on my 2011 Focus a while back and he looked in the usual place under the bonnet first and couldn't find it, when I told him I thought it was under the dash behind the glovebox he checked and confirmed it was It too looks to be a royal PITA to get to :(
Old 29-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #297
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Thanks Russ, that's good info to know. We are all slowly working out the more subtle differences between the LS/LT and the LV and the PCM location is just another one of these.
Old 29-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #298
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
Thanks Russ, that's good info to know. We are all slowly working out the more subtle differences between the LS/LT and the LV and the PCM location is just another one of these.
No worries mate, it looks pretty bloody difficult to get to as well, but then again my old back won't take to crawling under dash boards anymore not like years ago, I'm sure one of the youngins will be flexible enough to get under there and sort it out though
Old 29-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #299
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No worries mate, it looks pretty bloody difficult to get to as well, but then again my old back won't take to crawling under dash boards anymore not like years ago, I'm sure one of the youngins will be flexible enough to get under there and sort it out though
Haha when I changed the pollen filter in my car (also behind the dash / glove box), which required removal of the fuse box, I have back pain for about 2 days.
Old 30-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #300
ConradP

Cheers Russ and DZ, i'll be using my young and agile frame when I get back in vic after the long weekend. Been gone the day and I wanna go for a drive..