Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 18-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #331
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

So Casper,
I am waiting to see all your JMM parts for sale in the "Spare Parts" area, but they dont seem to have come up yet. Does that mean you didn't remove them or did you just throw JMM's "CRAP" in the bin?????????????????

Just wondering, thats all.

LUKE

XR6BBQ.......... Just when you thought I had given up!!!
Old 18-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #332
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

lol u trouble maker luke
Old 18-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #333
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDSLIDER
So Casper,
I am waiting to see all your JMM parts for sale in the "Spare Parts" area, but they dont seem to have come up yet. Does that mean you didn't remove them or did you just throw JMM's "CRAP" in the bin?????????????????

Just wondering, thats all.

LUKE
Fair question. I think you will find that I have yet to call any of the JMM gear crap (aside from the intake which most certainly got dumped in the nearest bin).
Unfortunatly for me I cant afford to simply replace everything that is JMM on my car in one hit, nor do I want to until I find something better. As and if I do find something better then yes, most certainly you will see whatever JMM gear I have on my car for sale. If I dont find anything better then it will stay.

My issue with JMM is personal, never has been and never will be product related. That said though, with the amount of new R&D happening not just at G&D but some other performance places on the AU I6, I am sure there will be a huge amount of product to choose from in the next few years. Either way the AU I6 owner wins.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 18-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #334
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I get all my work done on my BA Pursuit by G & D and they stand by every product that they manufacture or endorse.

The guys are really keen on getting these I6 motors going hard, they will not sell or endorse anything that doesn't work.

Unlike some other performance workshops !!
Old 18-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #335
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
I get all my work done on my BA Pursuit by G & D and they stand by every product that they manufacture or endorse.

The guys are really keen on getting these I6 motors going hard, they will not sell or endorse anything that doesn't work.

Unlike some other performance workshops !!
what other workshops would these be?
Old 18-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #336
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

You know what. I’m not even sure why JMM is even being discussed in here to be honest. I am NOT a JMM customer anymore, I do NOT want anything to do with them anymore for my own reasons and I do NOT feel inclined to either defend or discuss my reasons for moving on from them. I am sure Jim and Brenden would prefer it that way to.

So here’s the deal. This thread is about my new mods being done at G&D Performance (a sponsor of this site) and the results we are getting from them. I will not discuss comparisons with other products with specifics apart from what appears on the dyno. I will answer what I can however this will not include comparing A tuner with B tuner.

If that is too hard to deal with I will simply delete either the post or the entire thread.

I’m over it guys. JMM are irrelevant to me and to my future car mod plans now. If people want to continue to use them then I have no issue with that at all. I choose not to. I now also choose to simply move on and support and be supported by G&D Performance.

Old 18-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #337
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockstandard
I thought we were talking about airboxes, or do I need a black AU VCT for my points to be valid?

All i am saying is that I KNOW that on my engine the airbox is not a restriction below 5000rpm, and removing it only gains 2rwkw after that. I dont understand that if it is no restriction, how gains can be made on any engine of the same displacement (i.e. air flow requirements). Maybe someone can explain it to me?

For example, if Casper gains 10rwkw with this airbox on a VCT, it is only logical that removing the airbox completely on this or any other VCT will gain more power on the dyno right (where open bonnets ensure cold air)?
For you information (I am not being a smart ИИИИ), most EFI cars will actually lose power when the air box is disconnected and you leave the throttle body bare... AS you said you only got a 2kw increase when the box was removed (I know not a reduction. But a very lousy increase)..... A lot of new cars do need a path for the air to be channeled and to gather speed before entering the throttle body. So if you can make a pathway to the throttle body non restrictive and allow the right amount of air speed into the the T/B you will increase HP.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 18-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #338
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
For you information (I am not being a smart ИИИИ), most EFI cars will actually lose power when the air box is disconnected and you leave the throttle body bare... AS you said you only got a 2kw increase when the box was removed (I know not a reduction. But a very lousy increase)..... A lot of new cars do need a path for the air to be channeled and to gather speed before entering the throttle body. So if you can make a pathway to the throttle body non restrictive and allow the right amount of air speed into the the T/B you will increase HP.....
Yep, I know this. I have messed around with lots of different intake pipes and TB in the past and have a good understanding of what works and what doesnt. It doesnt change the results though as only the airbox was removed, the intake pipe remained connected so the air speed at the TB would be the same in both cases. It was not only my car that was run in this way either - every car I saw go on the dyno that day had a shot with the airbox lifted and I never saw anything other than a few kw gain (and none lost any power). Simply put, that day showed that the airbox was bugger all restriction on those cars (mostly modified e-series).

I also have read autospeeds review of airboxes where they flowed tested various factory airboxes of and found the stock falcon airbox to be the highest flowing (some other was able to flow higher with minor mods iirc). If 10kw can be gained in what is arguably one of the best air boxes, imagine how many kw are being thrown away in all these other cars!

And on top of that, I have spoken to an engineer who worked on the changes to the intake of the AU from EL and he said that it was the head/cam/valve combination that is the restriction in an AU and nothing you can do before the TB will have any significant affect on power (other than getting colder air which always helps). He explained that this is why they were able to sacrifice flow in the intake pipe to achieve less induction noise that the EL without decreasing the engines power.
Old 18-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #339
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Great gains Casper can't wait to see it what it can do on the track.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
Old 18-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #340
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

We are happy to display any test under observation to any witness to back any of our claims.We are not stupid enough to make any claim without strong evidence to satisfy G&D or anyone else before we go public.If a particular modification doesn't really work people will soon find out & then it all ends in tears for both partys.

We have modified many cars during our 27 years in the industry & have seen all sorts of varying results.In some instances it's true you'll see no gain at all by modifying an inlet system on a particular vehicle & in fact even a loss.In other cases you will see big gains.Remembering that manufacturers have to deal with induction noise restrictions & an engine that is in a lower state of tune requiring less breathing capabilty to produce a "required" amount of power.

In this instance we have genuinely seen gains on Caspers VCT,the HP XR6 was tested as complete package.Every AU V8 has shown a solid 10-12 rwkw gain.

We have seen other interesting results during intake system testing on Caspers I6 but we prefer to keep them to ourselves until we have completed all R&D.

Our intake system involves a little more than just fitting a pod inside a box.It is fully insulated internally isolating all incoming intake air from engine bay heat,we have an extremely large high flow filter,a very large area of volume around the filter & the right shape on the inlet adaptor promoting an increase in intake velocity.It just plain works,no smoke & mirrors.If something doesn't work (trust me many things we've tried ourselves don't)we just won't use it,we can't afford to have it any other way in a modern world of well educated enthusiasts.

I don't blame anyone for disputing our results or asking questions,thats what forums are all about.It's our job to explain why & to make some sense for the inquisative.We really enjoy what we do & are really enjoying the AU I6 development.

Regards Glenn
Old 18-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #341
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
We are happy to display any test under observation to any witness to back any of our claims.We are not stupid enough to make any claim without strong evidence to satisfy G&D or anyone else before we go public.If a particular modification doesn't really work people will soon find out & then it all ends in tears for both partys.

We have modified many cars during our 27 years in the industry & have seen all sorts of varying results.In some instances it's true you'll see no gain at all by modifying an inlet system on a particular vehicle & in fact even a loss.In other cases you will see big gains.Remembering that manufacturers have to deal with induction noise restrictions & an engine that is in a lower state of tune requiring less breathing capabilty to produce a "required" amount of power.

In this instance we have genuinely seen gains on Caspers VCT,the HP XR6 was tested as complete package.Every AU V8 has shown a solid 10-12 rwkw gain.

We have seen other interesting results during intake system testing on Caspers I6 but we prefer to keep them to ourselves until we have completed all R&D.

Our intake system involves a little more than just fitting a pod inside a box.It is fully insulated internally isolating all incoming intake air from engine bay heat,we have an extremely large high flow filter,a very large area of volume around the filter & the right shape on the inlet adaptor promoting an increase in intake velocity.It just plain works,no smoke & mirrors.If something doesn't work (trust me many things we've tried ourselves don't)we just won't use it,we can't afford to have it any other way in a modern world of well educated enthusiasts.

I don't blame anyone for disputing our results or asking questions,thats what forums are all about.It's our job to explain why & to make some sense for the inquisative.We really enjoy what we do & are really enjoying the AU I6 development.

Regards Glenn
Well said mate.

Quote:
Every AU V8 has shown a solid 10-12 rwkw gain.
Stop rubbing it in!

I can't afford it yet...
Old 18-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #342
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only question I have is will this airbox produce more or less power on the dyno than no airbox at all (in the typical case)? I can find out the rest myself.

Last edited by russellw; 19-03-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 18-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #343
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Great perfomance Gains Casper , very impressive..........
cant wait to see it at the BBQ and well done to G&D aswell ...............
got me thinking .... now i have to decide between
show or go for my next shoping spree.......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
cheers
Old 18-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #344
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
good to hear mate, glad you made the long drive now?
Certainly am. Was nice to see your car too, actually was parked next to mine for a bit out the front of the workshop, would have made a good photo shoot : .

Regarding this discussion on power gains, I think it's only natural that people will question things, and its usually a positive thing too. If nothing was questioned, we'd all be driving stock standard cars, the status quo would never be challenged. Someone once said, the best appraisal of one's self comes from one's enemy. That applies here; even a negative comment on a mod can provide information, or an objective viewpoint if you read between the lines.

Therefore: bring on controversy. R&D is driven by challenges.

G&D have my confidence, the workshop is well presented and tidy (except for that exhaust minefield they had going :hihi: ), and the team are professional yet personable.
Old 18-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #345
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Stop rubbing it in!

I can't afford it yet...[/QUOTE]
I'll let u know how mine gose in a few weeks :
Old 18-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #346
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Double post :
Old 18-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #347
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
I'll let u know how mine gose in a few weeks :
Be sure you do _2:
Old 18-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #348
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Sorry, just chuckling to myself here.
The airbox was actually a last minute "bonus mod" we added in to the schedule. IT was never intended to produce any sort of significant power gain (I wanted 5rwkw) and therefre I didnt think it would get this sort of attention.

Hell, if you think its impressive (or contriversial) wait to you get a load of what we are doing now : This is going to get REAL interesting about this time next week I think!

Old 18-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #349
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That might explain why there were 14 dyno runs between the 'before' and 'after' airbox runs (noticed that before you edited the graph).

Wonder if the ecu reset that comes with the removal of the chiptorque had anything to do with it.
Old 18-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #350
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
That might explain why there were 14 dyno runs between the 'before' and 'after' airbox runs (noticed that before you edited the graph).

Wonder if the ecu reset that comes with the removal of the chiptorque had anything to do with it.
A lot of those runs were testing different setups of the intake (intake pipe diameter etc), a couple "no pipe" runs and a few repeat runs. The only reason I removed the number of runs (the final run was number 15) was because I didnt want my rego number displayed.

The chiptorque was removed before I drove over there last saturday so it shouldnt have a massive difference. I think its currently in the glovebox last I saw.

Old 18-03-2006, 11:49 PM   #351
G&D PERFORMANCE

Quote:

Do you own an AU?
Old 18-03-2006, 11:51 PM   #352
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hell No
Old 18-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #353
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Hell No
i think u will after u see how casper's gose down the track :
Old 19-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #354
G&D PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Hell No
Good. :
Old 19-03-2006, 12:08 AM   #355
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
i think u will after u see how casper's gose down the track :
And good luck to him.

I know a thing or two about what is being done to it sounds interesting to say the least.

Not sure if its something i would consider myself though. My car is as fast as practically possible atm considering my family situation (its currently detuned a fair bit actually).
Old 19-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #356
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
Good. :
lol at G&D
Old 19-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #357
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Casper i think i need to chat with you regarding being my publicity manager _2: 15 pages impressive

Well done so far Casper and to the guys at G&D looks great.
Old 19-03-2006, 12:21 AM   #358
G&D PERFORMANCE

Quote:
I get the impression you might not like customers who ask too many questions (j/k)
I have many customers or potential customers that ask questions & I'm happy to help anyone of them & always have.Our race track results speak for themselves what are your acheivements?You on the other hand insult my inteligence based on your E-series knowledge & VAST expertise : with comments like your ECU reset post.I prefer not to waste my time on thrill seekers like you who have nothing better to do than stir up trouble,getting a thrill out of discrediting people that are genuinely trying to help the AU community.Maybe you should spend more time in the E-series forums & help out with what you know best.

Thanks for your time.

Regards Glenn

Last edited by G&D PERFORMANCE; 19-03-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 19-03-2006, 12:22 AM   #359
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Casper i think i need to chat with you regarding being my publicity manager _2: 15 pages impressive

Well done so far Casper and to the guys at G&D looks great.
Dont worry Doc.. once the cars running at the target I have chosen I plan to make her shine.. may need to talk to you then.
Trust me though, its not fun. The amount of questions I've already thrown at G&D is enough to drive most people nuts. You may just tell me to go away and bug someone else (I'm suprised Glenn, Matt and Dave havent yet) _2:

Old 19-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #360
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Dont worry Doc.. once the cars running at the target I have chosen I plan to make her shine.. may need to talk to you then.
Trust me though, its not fun. The amount of questions I've already thrown at G&D is enough to drive most people nuts. You may just tell me to go away and bug someone else (I'm suprised Glenn, Matt and Dave havent yet) _2:
I getting used of the Q's here as well, but yes let the boys at G&D get the rocket to run and i'll get it to shine for you.
( the car that is LOL )
Closed Thread