Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
TheSly1

Default Transmission Issue

Hey guys & girls,

I searched but couldnt find anything relating to this

I put this transmission in around 6-7000kms ago

It was from a car that had done 210,000km

It is fine when cold, fluid is new was put in and serviced when i put the transmission in.

when im stopped at the lights after i have been driving for a while, the engine will idle upto about 18-1900rpm. Have to keep foot on the brake fairly hard to stop it moving forward, I find that after i have driven on the freeway again it seems to be ok though.

Anyone had this issue?

my thoughts were it was overheating, but all lines into radiator look alright and cant see any signs of leaks.

TheSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Transmission Issue

Hi there, has this issue started since you threw in the new transmission? Can you get the motor to do it in neutral (rev hang?), Recheck all transmission electrical connections, recheck fluid level, reset ecu, check your isc (clean & lube), make sure throttle cable is ok. If you get stuck, get a ecu scan from your local trusted mechanic, good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
TheSly1

thanks mate, yeh only since the new transmission has gone in and its been about 8-9000km since its gone in and only just started doing it.

yeh it will rev hang in neutral aswell at the same revs.. thanks for the good ideas i will check all of that.. and I also thought maybe inlet manifold gasket but seems really random times.. ill check that with some spray over the gasket..

cheers mate much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi there, has this issue started since you threw in the new transmission? Can you get the motor to do it in neutral (rev hang?), Recheck all transmission electrical connections, recheck fluid level, reset ecu, check your isc (clean & lube), make sure throttle cable is ok. If you get stuck, get a ecu scan from your local trusted mechanic, good luck!

cheers, Maka
TheSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Hi TheSly1, it wont hurt to have a look at those inlet maniflod bolts they will more than likely be loose (depending on kays), i wouldnt bother with the spray just get a spanner on em anyway lol! If you can get your Au to rev hang at home, disconnect the iac connector while the engine is running & observe what the idle does - it should barely idle, if not further investigate it imo. Hope you find the prob & its something small!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had similar behaviour in an EA2 when there was a vaccuum hose loose. Had to gear down then switch to neutral to stop at the lights because the engine was idling a lot higher. Check all of your hoses, maybe one didn't get put back on properly?
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
ron2828
Starter Motor

Sorry sly I know ur thread is long ago but I am having the exact same problem u had and the mechn has no idea .Can u please advise me on what happened with your outcome thx ron
ron2828 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
ron2828
Starter Motor

Sorry sly I know ur thread is long ago but I am having the exact same problem as u my mechn has no idea can u please advise me on the out come thx ron
ron2828 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post