Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Default Te50 speedo issue

Hi guys,

I had an unfortunate thing happen to me the other day that a globe popped and shorted out my te50 instrument cluster. The instrument cluster works completely fine except it puts my car into limp mode. My feeling is that the speedo out has been burnt somewhere in the circuit. On inspecting the internals I notice a small printed wire had burnt out and split. So I got a tiny bit of copper and joined them together with solder. I plugged it back into the car and now I'm getting my range km on the trip computer but the car is still running in limp mode. Anybody have knowledge with these please help me out as nobody can seem to help me!

cheers, alex.

xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 
Default Re: Te50 speedo issue

you can join the speedo out to speedo in on the plug and then it should work, bypassing the cluster.

You may find however that the speedo sensor itself has lost the power feed, which comes from the dash, you would need to check it with a multimeter, to see if there is power across the ground/power feed to the speedo sensor.