Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Default car wash wax routine

Everybody probably has differing ways and products used to get their car looking its best. After reading afew recent threads on washing and waxing I thought id ask what everyone does and uses.

Someone mentioned a small orbital buffer for removing wax. Is this common, does it add swirl marks or scratch?

Whats your process.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Basically i just wash my car with Meguires HiTech wash / wax, use a Bowdens own wash mit for the car and a Bowdens own wash mit for the alloys. I then wax it with Meguires HiTech Wax with a Bowdens own polish pad and remove it with a Bowdens own polish cloth...

If i got any scratches / swirls i use my buff with a 3M pad and some 3M Finish It glaze...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
TheOtherHalf
Silver Therapy

Cool

I know to take off all jewellery including rings before starting the washing/waxing routine.

I spray the car with water first when washing it, then use the Mother's tyre cleaner thing, then I use the Mothers Glove to wash it, rinse the car and then with soft towelling cloths remove all the water then go back over and buff it up.

I have the waxing down to a fine art, using the Mothers Three stages of waxing.

I like using the vinyl cleaning stuff from Mothers plus the Tyre polish, just adds that final bit of finish to the car.

Our car being silver seems to glow after being waxed especially on overcast days.

I find it a great achievement when the car is finished and can look at it and purr when I run the back of my fingers over the paintwork.

Oh and Mothers Stage One cleans the outside of all the windows and when it rains the water just beads and runs off no need to use wipers in gentle rain, quite amazing to see happen.

:1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1
TheOtherHalf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wax a car ?????? heheheheheehhehehe

My poor old wagon is lucky to get a bit of riverwater thrown over her ..... if theres enough water in the tank :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post