Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #61
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
I know the whole deal on repairable write-offs that thet don't ever drive as good as they did when they were new, this:
Thats funny my ED is a repairable write-off, yet its just as good as it was before, actually better...

Technicaly a car could be keyed, and be a repairable write off...such as an EA insured for $1500 and a repair and respray around $4000...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #62
wet ones

Is insurance affected by the fact the vehicle was a repairable write off?

Do they knock the guts out of the value and bump the premium?
wet ones is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #63
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
OK I saw my mate from ford yesterday and I showed him the ad. He then went into some detail about it such as; Sam bought the car for 9 grand at auction, and the front was written off. It was panel beated at Belfield in the garage of the house where this guy lives, and was painted with acrylic as opposed to enamel. The car came in to ford on a tow truck with an engine bought from Mrford Spares that didn't work and had 120K on it, and steel rims with 16 inch tyres. The intercooler came off a 200sx, and after being advised that it wouldn't work well enough, Sam was advised of a price for genuine, as well as a whole lot of other parts totalling about 4 grand. Two days later, the owner Sam turned up with a bunch of second hand parts including the intercooler of an F6. On the hoist there was evidence of front end damage that wasn't repaired too well, and after swapping all the parts over they finally got it running. Sam then argued with my mate about the bill, and finally paid the 800 dollars for the work done.
Later, the car was seen with F6 rims on it, and the lowered. Make no mistake, this car was made to make the owner money. If the OP buys it, he needs a labotomy.
And the obvious question is ...... I wonder were he got the "secondhand parts" from ???? I bet my bottom dollar that he wouldn't be able to produce a receipt for them.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #64
The Monty
Just slidin'

If you cant produce a reciept for every part in QLD, you cant get it back on the road as they wont clear it at WOVI.
Old 31-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #65
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
If you cant produce a reciept for every part in QLD, you cant get it back on the road as they wont clear it at WOVI.

Ditto in S.A. No paper work, no clearance Insurance wise, I don't know how you'd fair. Might get away with an agreed insurance value policy. That'd be something you'd have to get right into if you want to own a repaired write off
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #66
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do all the parts have to be new? Or can you pick them up from a wrecker second hand, provide all the reciepts etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #67
The Monty
Just slidin'

Second hand parts are fine. In queensland, heres the process.
Buy written off car, and source parts to fix it.
Keep all receipts and get VIN numbers if you can of cars they came off.
Fix car.
Get a roadworthy. A good roadworthy inspector should pick up that it was written off, and will go over all repairs with you.
Write a stat dec to declare, if you did the repairs yourself, that they are all done by you, including vin numbers and reciepts of your car, and all other car parts used for it.
Get a Written off vehicle inspection. They will check all VIN numbers and receipts to show that it is not rebirthed or stolen parts have been used to repar it.
Register it.