Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default Hand brake light

When you start the car, the (!) hand brake light comes on.

But the light does not stay on if the hand brake is applied, i.e. you don't have a warning to say that the hand brake is on or that you haven't released it properly.

No given that I have one of those right hand hand brakes, it is sometimes hard to tell if it is applied or not.

Is there a simple thing to check? Is it just a wire or switch under the hand brake itself?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Hand brake light

Yep, theres a switch there. Try wiggling the wire to the switch & see how you go mate. If that dont work check the connection to the switch, if no joy there replace the switch. Good luck!

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #3
Sam_Boss260

Cheers, will give it a go.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
Sam_Boss260

Had a look last night on the hand brake, and there isn't any switch or wiring there. Seems very strange. There is a connector of sorts with some wiring under the drivers seat, but as the seat is not electronic at all I don't know what that is for.

There doesn't seems to be any wiring going to or from the hand brake. Can anyone post a picture of this would be looking like? And it the hand brake on the right hand side of the driver.
Old 13-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Hi Sam, we are talking about your utes handbrake hey? Sorry, I didn't realize that mate, thought sedan handbrake. Ive done a bit of googling for you but nothing has come up unfortunately, nothing in my workshop manual either. Maybe send a pm to foxtrot3, AMB or aussieblue they will probably know, or if worse come to worse take the ute to a sparky.

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 13-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi Sam, we are talking about your utes handbrake hey? Sorry, I didn't realize that mate, thought sedan handbrake. Ive done a bit of googling for you but nothing has come up unfortunately, nothing in my workshop manual either. Maybe send a pm to foxtrot3, AMB or aussieblue they will probably know, or if worse come to worse take the ute to a sparky.

cheer's, Maka
Hi. Thanks for dobbing me in Maka, the handbrake wire should be orange/black and go to a switch on the base of the handle but thats about all I know about utes, Linz may know more as he changed one from column to floor shift and I think he did the full trim/seat change as well. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Thanks to aussieblue for his kind help -

http://fordforums.com.au/wsm/wire/aubx/Part%2024-5.html, it is the component marked C-49 in diagram G-2.

I expect it is the can with the dark blue tab in the second pic in this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11250257

Also see the pic here -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALC...item35e53ab76a

Thanks for chiming in too Michael, very much appreciated!

cheer's, Maka

Old 13-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #8
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. In the drawing for low series cluster it shows as a separate globe for park brake (and a buzzer for ute) so maybe you have a blown globe and the lamp coming on when you crank the car over is the brake fail light. Wire colors for park light show as orange/dark green to the buzzer and red/blue to the lamp. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2015, 11:24 PM   #9
Sam_Boss260

No, I don't have any wires... Will take another look and some pictures on the weekend.