Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 18-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
Converted
Starter Motor

Question BF Mkii XR6-T rotors

I've fitted DBA 4000 front rotors and QFM HPX pads. No worries, 322mm x 28mm rotors. Great stopping, NO squeal and NO dust. Now for the rear.....

Picked up a pair of 328mm x 26mm DBA 4000's and QFM HPX pads (by the catalogue) to finsih the job, but, surprise - they won't fit! Rears as fitted (had the car from new) are 303 x 16mm solids, the same as the BA's and the non-turbo BF XR6.

I understand the 303 x 16mm rear were supplied with 298 x 28mm or Premium 325 x 32mm fronts, but not the 328 x 26mm "upgrade" on the BF with the much smaller 303 x 16mm rear.
Have you heard of Ford fitting non matching front/rear brakes on BF MkII XR6-T's?

Can you offer an opinion on fitting the larger callipers to go with the 328 x 26mm rotors and pads, or try and swap them back for the originals (surprisingly smaller)?

Converted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

for some reason (probably cost cutting) they went back to the smaller disc and caliper with then mk2. I too found this odd when i purchased my BF mk2.

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
Converted
Starter Motor

Seems so from other sources. There is apparently a revised DBA catalogue currently at press which hi-lights this change.
I've decided to change the callipers as I already have the larger rotors and pads. At least it will be ADR compliant.
Yet another disapointing Ford let down.
Converted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Also the FG's have the smaller solid 303mm set up as well.
The rear PBR calipers to suit the 328mm discs are $150each caliper plus $80 for the HPX pads.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

will the bf2 hoses bolt straight up to the new pbr calipers,cheers
Old 20-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by taupiriboy
will the bf2 hoses bolt straight up to the new pbr calipers,cheers
The factory ones may be slightly different because the banjo end on the hose is squared off and when you use it for the 328mm caliper there is a raised section on the caliper that locates the hoses and they are in different positions on either caliper so when we fitted the kit to a rear FG on Saturday we had to die grind a bit of the caliper casting so the hose fitted. The BF may be different because the backing plate also had a minor difference in it as well but be very careful if grinding anything.We do not have this problem with our Goodridge hoses as we use a smaller round banjo end that does not locate like the square ends.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post