Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 22-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
R3GGIE

Default BFII Ute Brake Upgrade

G'day Matt,

Mechan1k swung me your way from the Utes, Vans, Ranger part of the forums.

I have an 07 BFII Ute and I want to get better brakes than the stock ones currently fitted. I've looked through the forums but am confused wrt brakes articles/post info. Plus, I'm running 17" CSA Retro wheels, so any advice needs that factored in. Budget is $2500-$3000.

Thanks in advance.

Old 23-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3GGIE
G'day Matt,

Mechan1k swung me your way from the Utes, Vans, Ranger part of the forums.

I have an 07 BFII Ute and I want to get better brakes than the stock ones currently fitted. I've looked through the forums but am confused wrt brakes articles/post info. Plus, I'm running 17" CSA Retro wheels, so any advice needs that factored in. Budget is $2500-$3000.

Thanks in advance.
I will have to thank him for the good word he put in.Do you mind if i ask whether you new we sponsored the forum or not as i am finding there are still many forum members who are unaware of us.
Is your car an XR8 or XR6T as these cars have a front twin piston caliper on a 322mm rotor already BUT if it isn't we can run that upgrade or there is a pbr upgrade available but the rear upgrade in that kit will be the same as what you have anyway so all that money will be fronts only when you think of it.So either of the above kits for a front upgrade with a rear slotted disc would cost under $2000 or i can offer you a possible larger front option but the only thing is i can't confirm if it will clear the brake kit around the spoke area although the 17" diameter will be fine.The kit is a 4 piston 330mm front upgrade using a 2 piece slotted disc with a AP Racing 4 piston caliper but it is about $3250.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
R3GGIE

Thanks Matt. I didnt know you guys were a site sponsor.

The ute is a BFII Tradesman (Pov) Pack. Wheels you know abourt but I've also put Monroe GT Sport Struts n shocks, King Springs n leaf, Typhoon intake/K&N air filter/extractors/hi flow cat/sports exhaust.

$3000 is my max. So maybe PBR front and what do we do on the rear?

Thanks again,
Old 23-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3GGIE
Thanks Matt. I didnt know you guys were a site sponsor.

The ute is a BFII Tradesman (Pov) Pack. Wheels you know abourt but I've also put Monroe GT Sport Struts n shocks, King Springs n leaf, Typhoon intake/K&N air filter/extractors/hi flow cat/sports exhaust.

$3000 is my max. So maybe PBR front and what do we do on the rear?

Thanks again,
We would just run the slotted rotors and better brake pads to suit or we could run the 328mm rear upgrade as well and still be under the budget.The only thing is the rear calipers are not painted like the fronts will be but that is something most customers do themselves.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post