Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #31
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

there's nothing wrong with my Pioneer 12" sub, ave had it for 3 years now and it's great. better i believe than my mate's two Alpine 12"s
Old 09-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #32
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Hey dude,

I just had a Pioneer HU installed and I guarantee you it has the ability to lower the aerial when the CD is playing. Your installer is talking our his *** and needs a slap. All stereos have done this for the past 5 years...

And as for pics, heres mine
Are you playing "fergie" on your cd player?
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #33
miitch
orgasmic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII

Hahaha, too funny!
:

121.0rwkw
miitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #34
JoesAu

1 pioneer better than 2 alpines lollol i dont think so i dont know where your comin from StandardAu seriously.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #35
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

That's what i believe. i prefer the deep base mine puts out, his alpines are very punchy like someone's throwing a tennis ball at yer back, so most of tyhe really low base goes missing. IMO anyways. they are only S's
Old 10-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #36
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
It's so I can stay in touch with my femininity alright?
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #37
FRIKA
FRIKA

I have phoned pioneer direct and they confirmed 100% that the Antenna does not go down when you switch from Radio to CD and vice versa. It remains up all the time and anly goes down when the power is of.

Therefore I have 3 options

1. install a switch and control it manually
2. disconect current antenna and purchase a new antenna. The antenna I would install is by Aeropro and can be installed anywhere in the car (Basically you can hide it and it will not be visible.
3. Put up with what I now have.

So what does everyone reckon??????
Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #38
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's so I can stay in touch with my femininity alright?
its alright mate.. i'll admit to having "fergalicious" on an mp3 disc in my stereo now.. :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #39
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR AYTE
I have phoned pioneer direct and they confirmed 100% that the Antenna does not go down when you switch from Radio to CD and vice versa. It remains up all the time and anly goes down when the power is of.

2. disconect current antenna and purchase a new antenna. The antenna I would install is by Aeropro and can be installed anywhere in the car (Basically you can hide it and it will not be visible.

I reckon even Pioneer are lying to your *** now, but I reckon go and install a switch... :/
Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #40
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:

put it down and leave it down.

the radio is ****.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #41
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:

The option i did when i installed my electric ariel, was to install two buttons(1 up, 1 down), so that the height is fully adjustable. .
The way mine is set up, when you turn the unit on, the ariel stays down, if you want to, you press one of the buttons to put it up to the height you want. Then you press the other button to lower it to where you want. Then when you turn the unit off, regardless of the height, the ariel will be brought back down into the quater panel.

If you want to know how to do this, i will scan up the wirring diagram for it. (for those playing at home, you need two pushbutton momentary switches, two power diodes, a five pin relay and wire)

Cheers
Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #42
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I have a pioneer 7750MP in my EL XR8 and I can tell you 100% that there is only the one wire shared for the antenna and the amp remote turn on. It **** me when I installed it. I went from an Alpine with two separate wires to this one where the antenna is up whenever the deck is on. I ended up just cutting into the antenna wire and put a switch in it. Basically all you have to do is get any old switch and run a wire from the remote amp turn on line to the switch and then from the other end of the switch to the antenna line. This allows your amps to turn on still but when you have to switch in the off position the antenna stays down. When you want to listen to the radio just put it on radio and turn the switch on. I just have my switch hidden under my ashtray.
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #43
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
The option i did when i installed my electric ariel, was to install two buttons(1 up, 1 down), so that the height is fully adjustable. .
The way mine is set up, when you turn the unit on, the ariel stays down, if you want to, you press one of the buttons to put it up to the height you want. Then you press the other button to lower it to where you want. Then when you turn the unit off, regardless of the height, the ariel will be brought back down into the quater panel.

If you want to know how to do this, i will scan up the wirring diagram for it. (for those playing at home, you need two pushbutton momentary switches, two power diodes, a five pin relay and wire)

Cheers
Cheers
Yours sounds great. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #44
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people are saying pioneer are ****, well there head units may not trigger the arieal when swithced to cd, but they still **** all over kenwood. I've got a 7 disc setup in my au, and both the head unit and stacker suck. If I give it a squirt even on a smooth road, the minor vibes cause the cd to skip. And as far as subs go, nothing beats JBL
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #45
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL
I have a pioneer 7750MP in my EL XR8 and I can tell you 100% that there is only the one wire shared for the antenna and the amp remote turn on. It **** me when I installed it. I went from an Alpine with two separate wires to this one where the antenna is up whenever the deck is on. I ended up just cutting into the antenna wire and put a switch in it. Basically all you have to do is get any old switch and run a wire from the remote amp turn on line to the switch and then from the other end of the switch to the antenna line. This allows your amps to turn on still but when you have to switch in the off position the antenna stays down. When you want to listen to the radio just put it on radio and turn the switch on. I just have my switch hidden under my ashtray.

Thanks for that. If i cant get the setup like Superroo then i might opt for this instead.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #46
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I reckon even Pioneer are lying to your *** now, but I reckon go and install a switch... :/
I can't see how you have trouble understanding this! I have installed bucket loads of pioneer decks, and only 2 models had the dedicated electric antenna control. Not more than 1 model pioneer deck share the same wiring loom so re-confirms my first post on this thread. By the way, I am referring to models that are up to 2 years old.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #47
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
And as far as subs go, nothing beats JBL
That's a major statement, but far from the truth! Brands like Digital Design, Cerwin Vega, Treo, Alpine, JL audio (just to name a few) produce high quality subs that produce better SQ than JBL, but a lot is in the enclosure design! Are we heading off topic?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #48
superroo

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Here's the wiring diagram

The ariel i used had two wires, power and trigger. power always had power and the trigger was your stereo. If it had just power it would go down, if it had power and a trigger it would go up. if it had trigger, it wouldn't work.

Trigger wire 1 is the amp wire for your stereo (pioneer - blue with white stripe)
Trigger 2 is the trigger wire for your ariel.
Pin 30 always need power regardless of ignition switch postion. (i'm getting mine off the same wire as the stereo, not overly safe but it's double fused)

The switches need to be mometary switches. (If not one could be left on). I'm using two momentary pushbutton switches, brought form jaycar, they are plain black about 5mm round. I'll get picks tomorrow. They are mounted under my demister button.

The diodes need to be two power diodes capabile of handling a couple of amps. I'm using 400v 3amp general purpose diodes.(Signal diodes will not work. I blew two up as they were all i originally had)

The way it works is this,
The diodes stop the power from, 1. from entering the trigger line unwated(no diode means ariel would only go up), and 2. from going back into and through the switches(no diode, by pressing both buttons the ariel would go up, when the stereo is off)

When the power is off power goes through pin 87a, and to the power(down) wire of the ariel. The diodes stop point 2
When the stereo is on, power goes through pin 87, then to the swtiches, where either up or down can be operated. The diodes stop point 1.

That should be all you need. If you've got anyother question just ask. However i don't know when i'll next be online.

Cheers

Two last things to say
1. The diode idea was pure luck, don't know how i thought of it
2. Lets get back on topic. Stop squabling about what system/brand is better.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:26 AM   #49
JoesAu

i watched the guy install the unit, pioneer are not lying to you they are correct the antenna stays up i seen it with my own eyes, so we worked away around it. i really cant be bothered pulling my unit out to telll you exactly how its done, it starts with the accesory wire, wen u turn ur keys to the first click the antena should come up rite! im thinking hes cut the accessory wire ran 2 wires from that and them 2 wires are joined at the end just twisteed together, i untwisted the 2 wires wen he showed me where he put em(near where your left foot rests)and the antena came down, touch them 2 wires together it goes up, Loook im gona have a look for ya tommorow ok c what hes done!!. Ring Up Jb hifi that who done it for me
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #50
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
Here's the wiring diagram

The diode idea was pure luck, don't know how i thought of it
Good diagram and advice.

There is no such thing as luck mate. You were simply given inspiration from God. Happens to me all the time! :Reverend:

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #51
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Also see http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#rtol Connecting Additional Devices to the Remote Turn On Wire
Old 11-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #52
superroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

There is no such thing as luck mate. You were simply given inspiration from God. Happens to me all the time! :Reverend:

GK
Yeah first wire was the same as this except with no diodes. about halfway through i realised it wasn't going to work but finished it anyway.

All it was, was i was sitting at the work bench using all kinds of expletives, thinkin "this ain't gonna work", then for some reason i got back onto year 8 electronics(still had some stuff from school), and realised the point about the diodes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #53
superroo

Here's a pic of my buttons

You can even see the fun i had yesterday...dash

Cheers
Old 11-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #54
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

looks nice. just about stock! i like the blue gauge surround. what paint you use? and prep?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #55
superroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndArdAU
i like the blue gauge surround. what paint you use? and prep?
I used holts pressure pack that was the touch up paint for my car (galaxy blue). I first sanded it all flat (600 grit, excessive, 400 would be fine), then 1 coat of plastic primmer, 4 coats of paint then 3 clear coats. All products used were holts stuff.
I only painted the back of the dash surrond, but i have seen people paint the whole thing.
And because it's the same colour of the car, when the sun hits it, you get that sparkle that the body has.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #56
FRIKA
FRIKA

The Buttons definately look factory fitted. A job well done. I wish you lived in Perth than Id ask you to give me a hand
Old 11-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #57
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
I can't see how you have trouble understanding this! I have installed bucket loads of pioneer decks, and only 2 models had the dedicated electric antenna control. Not more than 1 model pioneer deck share the same wiring loom so re-confirms my first post on this thread. By the way, I am referring to models that are up to 2 years old.
I've also installed a crapload of different decks (sony, pioneer, kenwood e.t.c) and I know that Pioneer decks *do* have a remote arial wire (for triggering the electric relay). I can even film mine (FH-P5000MP) doing it if you want

Unless his deck is like 3 years old it will have the function, and the cabler just didn't read the installation paper...

Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread XR-AYTE
Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #58
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Just bought a brand new stereo and had it installed on the weekend only to find out that the antenna doesnt go down when you switch to CD Tuner. I have been advised that this is the case with Pioneer. Im probably being a bit pedantic, but i just shits me.
There are lots of opinions on this either way here.

XR AYTE, could you post us a good pic of the wiring diagram so we (not me of course I wouldn't know LOL!) can ascertain for sure if your deck can or cannot do what you want it to?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #59
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I just put up with it ... the antenna is strong enough though ... you just need to use a little caution parking near low trees. Haven't bent an aerial yet.

But sometimes would like the aerial to be down when a Cd is in.

Might look into getting a simple switch in place to raise and lower when I want to. Superoo's idea looks awesome though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:25 AM   #60
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've also installed a crapload of different decks (sony, pioneer, kenwood e.t.c) and I know that Pioneer decks *do* have a remote arial wire (for triggering the electric relay). I can even film mine (FH-P5000MP) doing it if you want

Unless his deck is like 3 years old it will have the function, and the cabler just didn't read the installation paper...

Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread XR-AYTE
Yes we all know this, but it consistantly outputs 12V DC even when playing a CD, that was the OP's question! Your deck does not seem to be a mainstream model. At work, all 9 current Pioneer decks don't control the electric antenna correctly either. They are right in front of me ATM, what more can I say?