Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: 2022 Ranger and Everest ideas from CarExpert

With the Ford Powerstroke V6 now being dropped from the F150, the only vehicle in the Ford world fitted with that engine, are we wrongly assuming the Ranger would use the Powerstroke? It's not really Fords style these days to produce an engine for one product line. Think about how many Ford models are fitted with a 2.0 or 2.3 Ecoboost.

Remember VW are twinning the Ranger with the Amorok. And VW make 3.0 V6 diesels for a variety of VW and Audi products. Perhaps this will be the VW contribution to the marriage? If so, this would give Ford access to a variety of power levels.

With no other brands looking likely to launch new utes in the near future, Ford have a chance to make a real impact with the new Ranger. They could potentially beat Toyota to market with a Hybrid power-train and make a big statement. I just hope Ford don't hold anything back with the new Ranger, as I said, they have the chance to really lift the segment beyond what is already offered.

This is the power-train lineup I would like to see -

- A low power, 125 kW 2.0 diesel to replace the old 2.2. This would be standard in XL and XLS.

- A higher power, 160 kW 2.0 diesel to replace the old 3.2. This would be standard in XLT, optional in XLS.

- A 3.0 V6 diesel. This would be standard in Wildtrack and Raptor, optional in the XLT.

- A Hybrid of some form, 2.3 petrol perhaps. Optional on all dual cabs, bar Raptor.

A 2.7 Ecoboost V6 I guess would be nice on the Raptor, although I tend to doubt it's popularity beyond the world of internet forums.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: