Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-05-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
Timeshift

Default Best place to service my AUIII?

Hi Guys,
First of all, thanks for your continued valuable assistance

My AUIII warranty runs out on the 31st of this month, and was wondering where the best place to get my car serviced is. Am I right in thinking Ford will overcharge and underservice my car?

What places would people recommend, out of the major chains (i'm in Adelaide)... Ultra Tune? Midas? Profix? Others that i'm sure i'm not thinking of?

Thanks!
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

The truth is no one will take as much care of yur car as you.

For general servicing it would be worthwhile learning to do it yourself.

Even if your only a bit mechanicly minded.

Most servicing these days is monkey bsiness remove and replace the diagnostics work is where you need a good mechanic with ford diagnostic tools.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
My AUIII warranty runs out on the 31st of this month, and was wondering where the best place to get my car serviced is. Am I right in thinking Ford will overcharge and underservice my car?
If you don't find a good dealer that'll prob happen....you'll still get charged more either way.

I reckon if you're A) unable to do it or B) Kinda lazy at times like me, then you give someone like Ultratune a try or find a local mechanic that you trust.

Is their a forum sponser that operates in SA ? Can anyone here recommend a SA mechanic for Timeshift ?

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Last edited by loxxr6; 25-05-2005 at 04:02 PM.
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I'd say DIY. However, if you don't want to, I suggest someone like Ultratune. I've got a local mech I use, lost a little faith in him when the EA lost the dizzy and coil, slowly gaining it back, the last wheel alignment he did on the AU was a shocker.
Old 26-05-2005, 12:59 AM   #5
Steve_T

Yeah, best place to get it serviced is at home IMHO. Service on AU is nothing more than oil/filter change and checkover.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post