Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
BillC

Default leaking coolant

Hi all, been trying to find a leak in my cooling system and I think I may have found where its coming from. I just recently replaced the water pump and that is not leaking but the alloy spacer that sits just behind the water pump may be. Its about 5 cm thick and I cant see exactly where its leaking but where the coolant is leaking it can only be from there. I rechecked the water pump bolts and managed another 1/4 turn on each of them and I am hoping that will fix the problem. However if it does not have any of you had any experience changing the gasket on it. Any advice would be appreciated

BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
BillC

Default Re: leaking coolant

Sorry, its an AU XR8 Ser 3
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
LUV DE COUPE

I think I have the same problem leak behind water pump and my heater tap assy at plastic elbow also split had coolant every where. Backed the cap off and managed to drive home 400 Ks home after watching storm beat the doggys last nite
LUV DE COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
LUV DE COUPE

Whoops its also a XR8 series III
LUV DE COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post