Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #1
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Default Do You Think Freak Cars Are Real?

Hey guys just wondering if you think freak cars are real. These cars that roll of the factory floor and are way faster than the others. for instance the XR6 BA running a 13.8 and 0-100 in less than 6 seconds. The guy might be on these forums actually. How the hell is that possible?

A mate of mine bought a VK, Black 202 180,000 on the clock, 5spd supra, 2inch straight through exhaust on dual fuel but only ever ran gas. And it use to blow the doors off VL commodores and most others 6`s. I mean a black 202? Black 202`s are the worst ever!

I just dont see how a BA XR6 N/A with only a few mods can crack that.

Cheers

Old 15-05-2007, 03:43 AM   #2
fordAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_

Cheers
Does not seem right, no easy task to shave about 2 seconds off, in stock form they are a slug, you sure its not a Turbo ?
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well,

I've always thought my car was a freak because of the way it launches. Very hard and fast, and blows the pants off other AU 6's and B series XR8's (until their legs catch up).

So yeah, definately
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 04:27 AM   #4
Loq

Or that Typhoon that ran 12s? whats the story behind that?
Loq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 04:29 AM   #5
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey guys just wondering if you think freak cars are real. These cars that roll of the factory floor and are way faster than the others. for instance the XR6 BA running a 13.8 and 0-100 in less than 6 seconds. The guy might be on these forums actually. How the hell is that possible?

Cheers
That guy (Doogstar) is a forum member. His 1/4 mile PB is 13.8 @ 98mph. The car is not stock though.
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Yep , I reckon there is . I had a 1972 TC Cortina 250 4sp XLE (bought New) , it handled and accelerated better than my mates Cortina's & Torana's at the time , I don't know what the "top end" was like because as soon as we got to the speed limit I'd let them go past .
One of my mates borrowed it once and said it screamed all the way to 110 Mph+ (he never got to borrow it again) :

After that I bought a 1974 TD XLE , wasn't near as good a car as the TC , yet the TC was supposed to be a dud .

They used to say "buy a mid-week built car" , Mon or Friday cars were not as good . (probably an old wives tale) .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 06:15 AM   #7
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loq
Or that Typhoon that ran 12s? whats the story behind that?
You mean those Typhoons that ran 12's? 12.98, 12.94, 12.73.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As someone already pointed out mate that BA XR6 NA is not running 13.8 just as it rolled from the factory floor. From the factory they dont come with stally 4.11's CAI Headers 3' Metal Core Cat sports exhaust front runners & slicks.

Outstounding effort though for a BA XR6 NA to run 13.8's yeah.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 07:54 AM   #9
5L
[ 5L ]

its funny i think, a so called "freak" when i had my eb this guy i knew used to rave about how his vs was a freak and beats everything. i mean yeah a freak, although it had full exhaust, shiftkitted auto, CAI, and the good old "cop chip". its funny how apprently my car must of been a freak after i launched it.

IMO its how the cars life has been, and how well it has been maintained. there is a bit of give from the specs they come out with but not enough to shave off 2 seconds off a quater mile time, and make the thing unbeatable.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #10
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Well,

I've always thought my car was a freak because of the way it launches. Very hard and fast, and blows the pants off other AU 6's and B series XR8's (until their legs catch up).

So yeah, definately
A AU XR6 Beating BA XR8's....
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #11
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure about freak cars but I am aware of several freak car owners on this forum.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #12
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Not sure about freak cars but I am aware of several freak car owners on this forum.
Old 15-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #13
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Are you absolutely sure that you didn't already read that thread posted here about that and then just plainly decide to start another thread about it?

The mind boggles...
Old 15-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #14
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been involved in organisations that have had fleets of similar cars and have never seen much difference between them, however after 30,000Ks the vehicles that did highway k's were always faster and more reliable than the ones used exclusively around town.
Regards,
Tote
Old 15-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #15
whiskieboy

As one of the many people that actually build these cars I'm not to sure about "Freak Cars", I mean really we have lots of boxes of bits ALL made to demanding Specs ALL made within their optimum range and put together with random regularity. I mean 1 bit out of this box 1 bit out of that box etc. and all checked and tested before hitting the road. So like a McDonalds burger they should all be the same, shouldnt they?
whiskieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #16
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskieboy
As one of the many people that actually build these cars I'm not to sure about "Freak Cars", I mean really we have lots of boxes of bits ALL made to demanding Specs ALL made within their optimum range and put together with random regularity. I mean 1 bit out of this box 1 bit out of that box etc. and all checked and tested before hitting the road. So like a McDonalds burger they should all be the same, shouldnt they?
Yeah im not so sure about freak cars, though everyone seems to think theyve got one- But then again with some of the dodgy machine tolerances we've had in Aussie cars the potential is always there for both lemons and freaks

As for your point whiskieboy I agree 100%, ive driven plenty of identical Falcons and Camry (fully serviced) and the difference between a highway car and a town car is incredble driven Highway cars with over twice the mileage of towncars and they are still a whole lot better

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #17
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i can see freak cars being slightly faster than others, but nothing mind blowing like 2 seconds off a 1/4 mile time.

as for better handling? i seriously very much doubt it.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #18
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:

A mate of mine bought a VK, Black 202 180,000 on the clock, 5spd supra, 2inch straight through exhaust on dual fuel but only ever ran gas. And it use to blow the doors off VL commodores and most others 6`s. I mean a black 202? Black 202`s are the worst ever!

Cheers
If you had bothered to read up on the threads in the B series Forums it is all self explanetary, Oh and it also takes MONEY , Oh Yeah it also requires some ability to pedal a car properly , Do you even know how to change a tyre ? This is the most useless thread i,ve seen in a while !!!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #19
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FPV8U - what about Darrens dad, his old EF 4ltr, wasnt that thing a freak? that was meant to go off its nut? It was a Wednesday car.....
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #20
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

My car is a freak.

Freakishly slow.
Old 15-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #21
nfs2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskieboy

Mmmm... yes.... but McDonalds burgers are not all the same!!
nfs2506 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #22
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

My XE was a freak the older and more worn it got the faster it got.

It was getting slow and suddenly the exaust fell of just after the manifold now its probly faster than stock.....
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
eldreamin

I can safely say that yes I do believe in freak cars. The reason being is that I did have one. I bought a 2000 lancer 2nd hand a few years back now. 1.8l 5 speed sedan, nothing too flash but did the job.

Anyway went out with mlga do a dyno day and put the car on to get a base run. It put out 88.4kw at the front wheels. These things were only meant to put out 92 at the engine and it was bought from a lease company, it was used as a company car.

There was a couple of similar cars there with exhausts fitted that put out like 85 and 83 kw at the wheels so I no for a fact that my car was a freak and something was not quite right with that car.

If you really need proof I am sure I could dig up the dyno sheet to prove it.

Previous Ride - 1998 EL Futura, 1998 EL GLI with fairmont ghia interior
eldreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #24
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
If you had bothered to read up on the threads in the B series Forums it is all self explanetary, Oh and it also takes MONEY , Oh Yeah it also requires some ability to pedal a car properly , Do you even know how to change a tyre ? This is the most useless thread i,ve seen in a while !!!
Cry me a river???

I know Dogstar is modded. But its not opened so to speak. Theres no big cams in it or anything. For bolt ont mods and tuning a 13.8 is a little bit ab normal? And its auto

And as i was saying a Black 202 VK on lpg with no mods but a straight through pipe blowing the doors off VL commodores? Even a few toranas

Still one of the fastest cars ive been in was a ex pursuit VT gave me a very saw neck. was only a 6
Old 15-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #25
Cam
Stroking it...

mmm i am undecided, although i had a mate with a grandpa spec EA 5 speed with zorst that blew off a AUI XR8 on the highway, us nor the AU driver could believe it..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #26
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Is freak cars like E-Series Falcons that have, never, ever had a head gasket problem...

...don't laugh, they exist. (cue twilight zone music...)

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #27
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:

Good call Flappist !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #28
Sledgehammer
Banned

Quote:
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #29
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
Is freak cars like E-Series Falcons that have, never, ever had a head gasket problem...

...don't laugh, they exist. (cue twilight zone music...)
like my EL ghia!! nearly 250,000k's on its original HG!!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #30
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Biggest freak car ive seen is ORSEMEB's car, EB XR6 with exhaust and it put out like 140rwkw! That car made me believe in freak cars. He could give more detail, but my EL XR6 would need a chip and a cam ontop of what ive got to get that sort of figure.
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post