Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Question 1 Key problem ..HELP PLZ...???????

G'day all , My problem - When i got my AUII XR6 i only got 1 ignition key with it. I have read procedures on addin extra keys , but this method required you have at least 2 keys ! . Is there possibly any way around this - to be able to program a second key ? . I have looked at purchasing another key but it seems the most expensive part is to have it coded , if i had 2 keys i could code a 3rd or 4th key etc etc myself , but only having 1 key and not being able to do the procedure needed with 2 keys, looks like i might be forced to fork out the bux :( , any ideas anyone please ?

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Search and Search - There was like a heaps big article on this not more then about 1 or 2 months ago (In this forum)

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #3
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Here ya go:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=34453

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #4
GK
Walking with God

I was the one who had the same sort of hassles you now have and so started that thread!

In the end, I got a $30 key of ebay (from NSW), got it cut $20 (locksmith in Melton) and then coded at Ford for $50 (also in Melton), $100 bucks all up.

It was a real pain in the backside. Incidently, the locksmith said they sell keys themselves for $80 and then charge $20 for cutting! I thought I did ok out of it!

Ford from memory were going to charge me $125 for the key! Pretty sure that was without cutting and coding!

GK

This is a link to the guy I got my blank from. Good service. Hope the link works. All the best!

http://stores.ebay.com.au/id=7804067...RK:MEVBS:MESST
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Thanks Guys , much appreciated ... cheers ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Interesting ... as I only have one key as well ... and I have been thinking about getting a spare ky ... and spare remote as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

When I got my car (ex-Ford) it only had one key. I queried that issue on the old forum because I believe it should have come with the spare, and Ford HQ got wind of it. When Ford offload their company cars, they always provide the two keys, and the transport company that trucked the car to the dealership I bought it from (Sinclair in Penrith) said it had two keys. Sinclair said it had one, so it got lost someone along the line, deliberately or otherwise, I won't know. But given the number of cars sold by dealers with only one key, knowing full well the cost of a replacement, I think some customers are being scammed. If you buy from a Ford dealer, and it only has one key, don't take delivery until you get both, even if the dealer has to provide the spare at their expense. In the end I got my second key thanks to Ford.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
If you buy from a Ford dealer, and it only has one key, don't take delivery until you get both, even if the dealer has to provide the spare at their expense. In the end I got my second key thanks to Ford.
SHEESH!!! I wish I had of known that over a week ago LOL
:sm_headba
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
OldManGhia

I saw a sign at Mr Minit that offered this service. $80 for the blank then it has to be coded by Ford or some one in the know. This link provides info on the makes of cars they can duplicate the keys for.

http://www.mrminit.com.au/detailsnews.php?news_id=8
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes this is a pain in the asss, i actually chucked one of the keys away for my AU, loooooooong story but the key fell in the bin next to my desk when i was on the phone and i forgot to get it back out, the bin was cleared the next day and the key was gone!

In total coz im a fussy ***** it cost me about 200 thru ford for the key, remote and coding...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post